It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Translating Ancient Mysterious Artifact

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Etruscan
(Greek and not Greek)
(known script, unknown language)

"For those interested in language and writing, the Etruscans are a fascinating and frustrating bunch. Decipherment of the Etruscan language is like trying to learn English from reading nothing but gravestones. The Etruscan script was written in a form of the ancient Greek alphabet, but their language was unlike any other. So although Etruscan sentences can easily be "read", nobody has much idea what they mean, apart from the names of people and places, and a smattering of vocabulary and standard phrases."

Quote from:
misteryo.multiply.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Re the link TAT why don't they have a bigger picture, so you can see whats there, I can pic out my data in Egyptian Hieroglyphics, if you could see it maybe there are some symbols that could be reorganized

And I tripped over that flag meter of yours on the way in, can they not they put in a better place

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bulla

MERRY Christmas to all, from the the southern hemisphere that is looking out for all our futures

from bulla joiner of the dots

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bulla

Thank you, Bulla...and a very Merry Christmas to you and your's, as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Brief Update:

My Greek friend and I had a happenstance meeting at Christmas Party I was attending. He brought up the inscriptions during our conversation, and informed me that there were 2 multilingual individuals very interested in them. It appears that there are three different "languages" contained in the scripts. He made no mention of alchemy, and assured me that he'd keep me updated on any translations.

I myself have taken a small break, trying to refresh my perspective, and sort through what we already have learned.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks Druid...I really appreciate your update. Check out my latest posting: Who Is this Serpent Pharaoh?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bulla

Bulla, you might find this new thread interesting:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bulla
reply to post by IAMTAT

Re the link TAT why don't they have a bigger picture, so you can see whats there, I can pic out my data in Egyptian Hieroglyphics, if you could see it maybe there are some symbols that could be reorganized

And I tripped over that flag meter of yours on the way in, can they not they put in a better place

Heres one bit bigger

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bulla

Bulla joiner of the dots

Thank you very much.

May you also have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May there be many blessing to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Indeed this is good to know.

So it is known, I am a follower by family tradition, of the Céli Dé faith, and have studied the way of the Draoi (pronounced dree) since 1988.

This subject matter and all such related material are very interesting to me, and I would like to keep this thread alive with collaboration towards furthering this study,

I have saved the photos posted, and will be presenting them to my lodge brothers as well as other friends, whom are as well interested in this stuff. Hopefully with our pooled and collective resources, a break through and understanding may be accomplished.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

ADVISOR, that would be wonderful. Please keep us posted as to what your Lodge comes up with.
Happiest of Holidays to you and your's.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Sure thing, we don't meet for a while. But, I will get in touch with those who apart of our study group and bring it to their attention.

edit on 17-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: of spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

TAT you do realize that the link provided to you of the man seeing an appropriation and the picture beside that is of a man standing in two water troughs .I hope you do realize that that depicts the Rosicrucian

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bulla

Hi Bulla,..
Interesting you bring up the Rosicrucians. Are you familiar with Comte Saint Germain?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

BTW...I hope you are feeling better, Bulla.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just throwing one out in the ballpark, but what are the chances of the Etruscans having contact with the Caananite traditions? In particular Phoenician...

Curiosity has me off on a tangent with theoretical theorem, none the less perhaps I'm off too far and wonder what those of you think.

Considerations?

edit on 23-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: of additonal

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Who knows.
To bad we lost a contributor.
With such a mix match of symbols and letters,
I'm inclined to think that,yes it could be an ancient stone artifact and that maybe the carvings were added later.

Of course,this is based on thousands of artifacts I have looked at.
But,I'm just a citizen-scientist,so what do I know.
edit on 23-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I don't see why there couldn't have been an Etruscan-Thracian-Phoenician connection...especially in Crimea where this piece supposedly had been unearthed.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
hi,
it looks like a derivative of ruinic alphabet or vice versa......though that circle symbol amongst others seems to be diff.....if you could give us a lil more about place of origin and aprox. date....
I ask so once we translate it so we can tanslate that into english....the first step being the hardest.....as we need to establish a family...or root....
any hoot here is an example of clasic ruinic www.crystalinks.com...

oh and yeah....it does look like it is "mixed" with another language....this might be a fake....or a peice that was traded to diff people

edit on 24-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Just throwing one out in the ballpark, but what are the chances of the Etruscans having contact with the Caananite traditions? In particular Phoenician...

Curiosity has me off on a tangent with theoretical theorem, none the less perhaps I'm off too far and wonder what those of you think.

Let me quote Wikipedia, here

"Phoenicia" is really a Classical Greek term used to refer to the region of the major Canaanite port towns, and does not correspond exactly to a cultural identity that would have been recognised by the Phoenicians themselves. (Wikipedia source)

The Etruscans were a fairly short lived civilization, and they lived on the west side of Italy. They had an influence on Roman culture but they don't seem to have influenced the powerful Caananite civilizations.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join