It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Halts Russian Military Agreement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

UK Halts Russian Military Agreement

www.independent.co.uk

The UK will stop sharing military information with Russia under an international convention following Moscow's failure to co-operate, the Government has announced.

The Russians suspended compliance with the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE) in December 2007.

The treaty places limits on the build-up of troops, tanks, artillery and other non-nuclear forces from the Atlantic to the Ural Mountains.

Europe Minister David Lidington said despite "considerable efforts to engage the Russian Federation" talks had broken down.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-11-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Seems like things with Russia are reaching some sort of new level. The U.K. has now decided to stop sharing their military info with the Russian's and I assume vice-versa. With all the talk in the last couple days of the deteriorating relationship between Russia and the West I'm not looking forward to where this is going.

These guys really need to get along because if they don't we're screwed.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
What military info? We haven't got a military left.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
welcome to cold war II
remember boys and girls to watch out for mushroom clouds - arse to the blast..
and check under the beds for reds..

and now back to the show...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

This, in my opinion, is staging for war.

WWIII is just around the corner people. The sabre rattling is about to get real.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Bankers are behind this, could be a smoke screen to get peoples attentions away from the dictatorship spreading around europe. If its not a smoke screen then we could be heading into the abyss of ww3

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is getting freaky. Russia has a bee in her bonnet, and the U.S. needs to man up and go talk to them and find out what's going on, and find a way to play nice again.

If the two super-powers fight, it's WWIII, no way around it.

Was it Einstein who said he didn't know what weapons would be used in WWIII, but he was sure that in WWIV it would be sticks and stones? Frighteningly true, I suspect.

Scary stuff.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks OP.

First, we start to build a Missile-Shield which can serve as an anti ICBM/MRBM shield that would effectively and severely decrease Russia's ability to perform a second/retaliatory strike against Europe.

After Russia recognizes that this will give the West a severe strategic/nuclear advantage in the event of the west unleashing hell on Russia, they (Russia) tries to pressure the West into either giving up the Missile-Shield or signing a legally-binding agreement that ensures it will never be used by the West, against Russia.

We then of course disagree and tell Russia to basically go f*ck herself and that we can use it for whatever the hell we want (Including taking down Russian ICBM's after we nuke them).

You think Russia is just being Paranoid? Take a look at this and decide for yourself:
1# Over the course of the last 10 years, the USA and NATO have Surrounded Russia by invading the Middle East under false-pretenses, building bases there, having troops there and injecting puppet-governments there.
2# Israel, who is a very big ally to the USA and The West has received an extremely ridiculous amount of very high quality weapons from the USA the past few years, including "next-gen" bunker-busters (30.000lb?) that can be used to take out Russian Command&Control centers and launch facilities.
3# The region is being destabilized because of "protests" and Israel wants to attack Iran- both things are arguably caused by the same Western intelligence agencies.
4# The West and Israel are pushing the agenda to attack Iran and Syria with the said countries being allies of Russia. This will have a negative strategical and economical impact on Russia to say the least.
5# And on top of all that, something is being built (Missile Shield) that will make sure that a high percentage of Russian ICBM's won't get through to strike back at Europe in case The West launches a first strike (this is the same as de-clawing Russian Nuclear Capabilities towards Europe).

And all of this in a time of high economic-instabilities.

Does anybody here blame Russia for being "paranoid"? What would the USA do if Russia was slowly taking out America's allies and was slowly surrounding the USA + on top of that, wanted to build something that would severely limit American Nuclear Strike-Back capabilities in the event of nuclear war?

I fear that nuclear war will be more likely than ever before in history if this issue isn't resolved diplomatically- FAST.

IT--
edit on 25-11-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think these so called leaders of ours should be little more respectful and cautious towards the russians. Western counties 'the US in particular' are pushing too hard, don't be suprised if the old bear turns around and takes a few swipes at them

This whole European missile defence shield is a scandal. Imagine Russia setting up the same thing on the canadian border 'rendering the united states nuclear deterrent useless'. There would threats of nuclear war from the U.S and pandemonium at the united nations and nato. But the Russians should just STFU right? what a crock of #.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Its looking to me like we are being setup as a people. Are we being told in not so many words, you have teo choices, ww3 or the NWO.

I have terrible wind at the moment

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I agree with all of that.The West is pushing too hard.Its like they dont realise they are all bankrupt and on borrowed time.I think Russia,China and others are starting to see they dont have to pander/submit to the West anymore.
edit on 25-11-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Interestingly at the same time Britain announces it is withdrawing all troops from Germany. Granted the time line is rather vague however the process has started and I assume could be sped up at a moments notice since the plans in action.

As for Russia well Britain and Russia have been bumping heads for a long time.. I think the US has a better relationship with them than we do.. but that is more as an aside given the global context of the current pissing contest.

I guess we shall see soon enough where this is heading.. lets hope this is nothing more than the usual UK/Russia posturing.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
reply to post by Atzil321

I agree with all of that.The West is pushing too hard.Its like they dont realise they are all bankrupt and on borrowed time.I think Russia,China and others are starting to see they dont have to pander/submit to the West anymore.
edit on 25-11-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

True. And also true in the animal kingdom. When a rival animal shows weakness........time to attack.
And the U.S. is reeking of weakness right now.
edit on 11/25/2011 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Maybe this is their big secret conspirac plan now? Everyone predicted that the conspiracy is to start smaller wars against countries like libya for financial gain. Then people started to question these actions and they decided that perhaps a 2nd cold war was better.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11
First, we start to build a Missile-Shield which can serve as an anti ICBM/MRBM shield that would effectively and severely decrease Russia's ability to perform a second/retaliatory strike against Europe.

After Russia recognizes that this will give the West a severe strategic/nuclear advantage in the event of the west unleashing hell on Russia, they (Russia) tries to pressure the West into either giving up the Missile-Shield or signing a legally-binding agreement that it will never be used by the West, against Russia.

We then of course disagree and tell Russia to basically go f*ck herself and that we can use it for whatever the hell we want (Including taking down Russian ICBM's after we nuke them).

My advice to Russia...

They should consider making a deal with Mexico to install an equally elaborate and sophisticated missile defense shield in Mexico, near the U.S. border.

If the U.S. bitches about it, the Russians can claim that it is there to protect Mexico from their enemies and terrorist supporting regimes.

Back to a stalemate (Mexican standoff) .... Next move...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The US and other western countries feel threatened by Russia so they're trying to bully them. The US has had this all mapped out since the wolfowitz doctrine in which they even said "Russia will remain the strongest military power in Eurasia and the only power in the world with the capability of destroying the United States." This was in 1992.

What they don't understand however is the fact Russia won't lie down so easy and its ever increasing relations with many countries that were once US favoured is worrying the west.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This whole thing just seems like anti-russian propaganda...
Seems like they're going to market Russia through the MSM and moves like this, as another Iran.

NATO think they can do as they please, and Russia will keep quiet since they "lost" the cold war, but I don't think that's the case. If Russia had set up a missile shield in Mexico or Canada, we would be at war with them right now.

If there is a nuclear exchange at some point, or war....it will be because of NATO and not because of Russia, Iran or North Korea. The way things are going, the so called "peacekeepers" are acting more like the provokers.
edit on 25-11-2011 by goldcoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
World War 3 is moving right along. When the American people realize their own government not only doesn't care about them, but actually wants them to die in mass, and soon. Maybe we'll finally do something? They're making WW3 while we type. They're actually doing it the sick bastards.

But we're allowing it.

Yeah, don't take the Russians seriously, it's not like we've been bombing innocent people for decades and now plan to destroy what's left. Nobody could get mad at that.

Americans, truly the looniest of the loons.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The west is under the illusion that they won the cold war with Russia, when in reality the russians dismantled the old system themselves for the most part. I'm not going to defend the present leadership in Moscow because frankly I think it is nothing more than a gangster state these days. But when they start saying things like this.

Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian president embraced the fiery rhetoric of the Cold War threatening to target and if necessary destroy America's planned European missile defence shield once it is built.
Source:www.guardian.co.uk...
You would be wise to listen, that's not muammar or saddam type rhetoric 'it's the russians' take a look at their history, they don't make idle threats or take any crap.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
welcome to cold war II

This isn't looking a lot like a new cold war, or a continuation of the old one.

Russia is deadly serious about using missiles to remove the defense shield.

That is a whole different game.

One that could escalate quickly, if Americans and Europeans are killed in these strikes, and then Russians in a retaliation, from there anything goes.

This could bring us all closer to the brink of nuclear war than we were back during the Cuban missile crisis.

The Russians will not hesitate to act on their threats here.

Deals were made to end the Cuban missile crisis, deals should be made to end this... But this time neither seems willing to be moved.

Start building your bunkers now, just in case!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join