It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes! The religion and science conflict, only cuter!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Sorry, there is no science out there that supports the biblical creation story.

I am a bible totter and have toted many bibles in my day. Yes I could be wrong and I could be right. Only time will tell that story.

No I don’t hate true science because look at how science has improved our lives and extended our lives. That is foolish to say true science is wrong. It is not the science that is wrong but some of the students who blend proven science with their own theoretical understandings. The most famous of these utterances’ is “15 billion years old” which rolls off their tongues as though it is proven fact. Or perhaps they mix a proven fact with the utterance of some “200,000 years ago” such and such a thing happened. Poppy cock. Why not simply state that “we don’t really know but our theory is “15 billion years ago.” Disingenuous to say the least.

The bible was written by over forty different men that are identified by scholars. The book of Genesis is the oldest which was written about 1445 BC – The dead sea scrolls of cave number 4 has revealed a copy of Genesis which is over 1000 years older than the Torah in use today. The newly discovered copy is 100% accurate with the existing Torah of today. This would make Torah over 4,450 years old and that is not the original literature. There are some people who denigrate paleography as a science but that is simply because this art is not the most well known of the sciences.

Why would anyone ever believe Torah or those mad hatters who believe in a moldy old manuscript? Well after a lot of thinking on this subject I came to one conclusion. That old Torah says that everyone must die and so far it has been right on. Now that is fact and if anyone tells you that the bible is not fact just remind them that they are going to rot one day just like that stupid 4000 year book tells you. That is biblical fact cause it is proven a trillion times over. And as far as science goes are you telling me that a paleographist is not a scientist? So in effect science does prove the bible is fact and my proof is that you will one day die just like all of your scientists.
Hey that's a fact.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

What will you do when you realize God loved you enough to tell the truth? And the real conspiracy always was Evolution and the age of the earth.

The funniest thing here is not one of you are willing to believe that Evolution is the conspiracy. When in fact it is one of the greatest conspiracies in the history of man. Without this theory that ties so nicely with the big bang theory you might actually be able to believe in God.

You have put your trust in a false science filled with assumptions that are labeled as fact. God does love you enough to tell you the truth and the truth is in the bible.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BelieveInEnoch
You have been warned and if you live in America I'm sure you understand that Yahshua is the Truth, Light and the only way to YHVH.
The choice is Yours and the fight for your soul and mind is on!

Please take this crap back to the cave in which it was found. This is, what I like to call, the "Exclusivity Clause," and it is a dirty brainwashing technique that permeates ATS, and the greater internet, with its foul stench all too often.

"Oh noes, you gotta believe in 'X' so that everything will be okayz after you die."

- If you can't see how this quote, which can be attributed to most religions, is designed to infiltrate your mind then you're beyond help. It's a metaphoric gun pointed at your abdomen, and I don't feel that such a thing could ever foster true spirituality. The fact that it is reiterated so often in modern society is really just proof that this type of barbaric belief is experiencing its "death throes." With the advent of the internet, the religious are now, more than ever, being confronted with people that believe differently than they do, and this is forcing them to reexamine their own beliefs. Doing so is terrifying, because religion is a house of cards, and taking just one close look at it can quickly reveal it for the scam that it is. At this point the only thing that can save the religion is to claim that all that "fancy book learnin" is Satan's trickery.

You know, the interesting thing about this is that critical thinking is the enemy of religion, but critical thinking occurs whether you want it to or not. Belief really isn't a choice, and I'll wager that there are many more doubters than not, but to vocalize such doubt is impolite at best, and social suicide at worst. I know it's scary, but you really should embrace reality. Once the shackles of religion have been thrown off we can start really getting to the bottom of the mystery of existence.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seede
Why would anyone ever believe Torah or those mad hatters who believe in a moldy old manuscript? Well after a lot of thinking on this subject I came to one conclusion. That old Torah says that everyone must die and so far it has been right on. Now that is fact and if anyone tells you that the bible is not fact just remind them that they are going to rot one day just like that stupid 4000 year book tells you. That is biblical fact cause it is proven a trillion times over. And as far as science goes are you telling me that a paleographist is not a scientist? So in effect science does prove the bible is fact and my proof is that you will one day die just like all of your scientists.
Hey that's a fact.

I'm pretty sure that Moby dick mentions death as well as countless other books. Hey guess what? The quaran mentions this thing called day and and even crazier thing called night. It must mean the book in its entirety is fact, right? Every ancient culture has a book or references to death. A paleographist studies the ancient writing, and decyphers it. He doesn't prove the accuracy of the stories. My original statement holds true, unless you can give me actual scientific evidence of the creation story. Try again. You are welcome to believe anything you want, but don't call it scientific, unless it's backed up by verifiable facts, like this huge branch of study called evolution. There's nothing wrong with faith at all, just call it what it is.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Reply by Barcs
I'm pretty sure that Moby dick mentions death as well as countless other books. Hey guess what? The quaran mentions this thing called day and and even crazier thing called night. It must mean the book in its entirety is fact, right? Every ancient culture has a book or references to death.

You are not on topic. The topic was the bible and the accuracy of creation. Not the Quran or Moby Dick. The question was to prove the bible had facts and I proved just that. I gave you a fact. I did not say that the entire bible was word for word factual.

You cannot say as a fact that all science is factual because it is not. Prove to me that the universe is 13 to 15 billion years old. Don't tell me that you can prove it because that is not a observable or provable fact. It is at best a guess or as we theologians call it "Theology."

The monkey bit. So science can observe a gene split and then what? They then tell us that so many thousands of years ago the split occurred and whala here comes a human on the planet hundreds of thousands of years later. Is it observable or provable? No, but you are free to believe it. I don't.

Then we have the law of the speed of light. Some more observable and proven fact. Well it was till the Hadron Collider has clocked particles faster than this observable and provable fact. And has repeated it several weeks ago once again. That one will revise all of the thinkers.

So you are disingenuous to say that all science is observable and provable because it is not. Some scientist bury their mistakes just about every month. Take a look at TV and see all of the recalls on medicine or isn't that science?

Can you prove by observation that the compounds of this universe have not changed during your 13 to 15 billion years? Not in your life time will you ever come close. Can you explain dark matter? Don't think so. Course one thing science did do was to correct their fact that the earth was flat. Then you have S. Hawking declare that the universe is self created. That is a stretch but not observable or provable.

Getting back to the bible. There are literally tons of archaeological finds which are factual and prove many places , artifacts, and people which are also written in other historical books. So there are indeed facts in the bible of which you are not aware of simply because you have not researched those facts anymore than I have researched all of the scientific fields. Just Google "Biblical Archaeology Society" and subscribe to their professional monthly magazine. That will give you all the proof you need. LOL.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join