It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes! The religion and science conflict, only cuter!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
Nice, the box is science and how they tell us it is this or that and we have to believe them even though the pieces of the puzzle don't add up to what science is telling us so they change the picture on the box to match the puzzle they put together. Nice post OP.

You got that backwards. As phishyblankwaterspointed out. The one saying it has to be a duck, despite what evidence suggests,is the religious one.

The science bunny is the one saying he is not sure and works to come up with an answer....

It is interesting that you took it in the exact opposite manner in which it was meant to be taken though.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Don't make me bust out come Winnie The Pooh symbolism and philosophy! Including Pooh's pursuit of honey! Including, but not limited to our perception of reality, and the deceiving of material world by the devil, being illustrated by the puzzle!!

The box wins, we collapse the wave and create our own reality!

Ok, that went too far lol, awesome post! Although I think the whole thing is taken out of context... But then again, that is always dependent on your perception of God, I suppose...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I find this whole thing weird.

Everyone keeps talkin' about the duck on the box.

All I see is a straw man.............

edit on 25-11-2011 by dusty1 because: It really did nead a rimshot....

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Nice, the box is science and how they tell us it is this or that and we have to believe them even though the pieces of the puzzle don't add up to what science is telling us so they change the picture on the box to match the puzzle they put together. Nice post OP.

You got that backwards. As phishyblankwaterspointed out. The one saying it has to be a duck, despite what evidence suggests,is the religious one.

The science bunny is the one saying he is not sure and works to come up with an answer....

It is interesting that you took it in the exact opposite manner in which it was meant to be taken though.

Don't you see that he inverted the story on purpose?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
cute bunny story.. but it leaves out some very important info regarding the theory of creation and an existence of God

there is evidence that miracles have occured with prayer..which has left some doctors baffled.

My guess is that REAL bunnies may have a better idea of the truth at times, than many humans do

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
there is evidence that miracles have occured with prayer..which has left some doctors baffled.

By all means, post this evidence.

www.nytimes.com...

Last I checked it only affects people who know they are being prayed for, at least based on scientific studies of reality.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Schkeptick

I think humans have figured out the first 3 pieces of a 1,000 piece puzzle. We certainly don't know enough to think we can prove or disprove God.

Who is trying to disprove the existence of god? This is about creationism versus evolution and yes, we have more than enough pieces of the puzzle to rule out "creationism".

Your actually both wrong.
and the illustration is a testament to creationism. I think of it the other way around, we are cracking the code of the cosmos and its clear that there was an intelligence behind our existence. Quantum physics is showing us how we are all interconnected and our unity within the universe on small and large scales.
I have studied many religions and have been a Christian my whole life. What I have learned is that religion can be compared to the spokes of a wheel, all of which lead back to the central hub that supports them, and the rim encompassing all and unifying the components to create something whole. All of the spokes are necessary and lead back to the central hub, (you might even say they are interdependent.) Each individual spoke provides a path to the center, and outer unifying rim. Each spoke (religion) can provide strength (truth) but can not support the Rim on its own. We as a population need to learn to be more accepting and welcoming to questioning and realize there are many different ways to say the same thing. or many different ways to get to the same destination (spiritual enlightenment) which transcends religion. Each religion holds significant truths that can be used for the benefit of ones self. While realizing that most religious books have been changed and altered, do not think it is wise to throw out the entire religion because of this. I have always tried to look for the "big picture" in life no matter what. do you think its a coincidence that many cultures from around the world share creation stories that parallel eachothers during a time which long distance didnt exist...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

I'm sorry to hear you have only that narrow view point..maybe some others can find evidence as well..but will it satisfy you?..

www.doxa.ws...

www.padrepio.catholicwebservices.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Funny how our brains work. Confirmation bias seems to come in to play often on this site.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

No, he missed the entire point of the OP, and inverted what little remained!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
the Bible doesn't lie. if it says it's a duck, it's a duck. that sums up science, completely off track, clueless and trying to convince you a pond is a duck.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Twisting the truth is inacceptible.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the Bible doesn't lie. if it says it's a duck, it's a duck. that sums up science, completely off track, clueless and trying to convince you a pond is a duck.

So you still think it's a duck...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Last I checked it only affects people who know they are being prayed for

lol so that means prayer works? which could mean there might be a God? what exactly are you trying to say?

anyways... if anything... everyone should be agnostic. to not be is illogical. if you "worship" science theories then you're just as religious as any Bible thumper...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
unfortunately for us, it will always be a duck in their eyes. i think they should go run off with their picture of the duck and we should be left to have fun piecing together our puzzle.

why live in luxury using all of science's modern technological achievements and then fight against it so dearly? if your god has a plan for you surely you shouldn't let something like medical science stand in his way when he gives you cancer

et cetera et cetera, ps. i love the op

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I personally see it as each bunny holding pieces to the same puzzle and refusing to acknowledge the other bunny’s pieces. Science and religion both hold pieces to the puzzle; but religion and yes even science are biased towards their pieces and see them as all that exists. We must first set apart our biases and pride and bring our pieces together before we will discover what reality really is.

This doesn’t have to be a contest. If we want to be true scientists we must thoroughly examine every angle with as little bias as possible.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JoyDreamer

what is there to examine from religion? i just dont understand, claims are made and then through testing and the scientific method and what not we can see if these claims are true. i could make an outlandish claim about the miniature aliens that created us as pets and write a book about it and i don't see why it would hold any less merit than the bible or some other religious text.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm not sure what debate you are refering to. Are you refering to the evolution science religion compared to the creation science religion??. If so, if you can watch all of the creation seminar series of videos and still believe what you believe than that is what you believe, but you are falling into the greatest deception to come to this earth, I will explain after the list of videos. Here is a list of the videos:
1: The Age of the Earth
2: The Garden of Eden
3: Dinosaurs and the Bible
4: Lies in the Textbooks
5: The Dangers of Evolution
6: The Hovind Theory
7: Questions and Answers 1
8: Questions and Answers 2
You can view them by going to youtube and placing the name "Kent Hovind" with the movie's name. I will also state that I do not believe everything he teaches. Kent has been extremely gifted with proving the Bible is true with science. I in NO way believe he gets the spiritual side of YHVH (GOD). I am not a christian and as a whole the christians are infused with pagan worship and practices. So to recap what I just said in another way for clarity, I believe Kent's purpose is to prove the Bible with science, AND he has fulfilled his mission! Where do I disagree? I DO NOT believe the King James version (KJV) of the Bible is the complete word of YHVH. I have yet to find a Bible that is the complete word of YHVH. The religions of the world want me to believe that YHVH has stopped speaking since the Bible was written, Get a grip! HE is the LIVING GOD!
I do in a way believe in aliens and the Bible. How is that? The book of Enoch explains it to me and fills in certain pieces about the Bible and today's current events. Enoch is the seventh from Adam, in the lineage of Yahshua (Jesus), Noah's great grandpa, and quoted in the KJV of the Bible in the Old Testament (OT) and New Testament (NT). The world was destroyed (flooded) (Genesis chapter 6) because of the "sons of GOD" taking the "daughters of men". "sons of GOD" in Hebrew is "Nephilim" which means "giants". All had become currupt, meaning the DNA of man was mixed with the Nephilim. Only Noah and his family remained pure.
OK, enter the alien view point of this event: The book of Enoch explians that the "sons of GOD" are "fallen angels" (the nephilim) which includes the lead fallen angel, the devil himself. Enoch lists the names of the "fallen angles" and what they taught us which included writing itself. They and their half human, half fallen angel children were worshipped as gods. All the pagen gods are those fallen angels. The devil will always use some truth mixed with lies. So there is some truth to all those pagen folk lures. This truth has been hidden and twisted over the years.
So here's where the greatest deception that earth has seen comes in. Genesis chapter 6 states that the Nephilim were here after the flood also. The Bible states that the Anti-Christ (which truly means the fake Christ) will return and sit on the Ark of YHVH in the new Temple. So all this alien activity is the fulfillment of that prophacy. The fallen angels (or aliens) are going to return and do what they did the first time, pretend to be the ones behind everything (remember they acted as gods the first time), you know act as the Christ or better said in the original language the Messiah. That's why the lead fallen angel will sit on the Ark of YHVH. That is the Messiah's seat! This is all unfolding right now. That's why we are having alot of alien activity. Many of the world's people are all but ready to bow down and let the "aliens" take over.
The book of Enoch explains that the reason they fell was because HE commanded HIS angels to bow down and worship HIS creation, which includes us. Some rebelled, including the lead angel the devil. So what would the natural reaction for someone who rebelled against YHVH to worship his creation? Steal his creation (as many souls as possible) and make them (HIS creation) worship themselves (the fallen angels), again, the same way they did the first time. There are two scripts written, YHVH's and the fallen angels.
So again, if you can watch all the video's listed above and still hold your view point about the science debate, then it's out of my hands and it's now in YHVH's. You have been warned and if you live in America I'm sure you understand that Yahshua is the Truth, Light and the only way to YHVH.
The choice is Yours and the fight for your soul and mind is on!
Baruch HaShem through Messiah YahShua!

edit on 26-11-2011 by BelieveInEnoch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

There is much to examine.
If you truly want to know the answers to your question you must first set aside your biases (yes, this is hard) and delve into religion to find them. I grew up as a Christian and although there is plenty that cannot be proven, there is plenty of science involved as well. If you are truly looking for answers visit Answers in Genesis, there are many doctorate level scientists who support religion.
I know none of this will persuade you, but at least keep a scientific mind towards life and examine every possibility thoroughly. There is much we don’t understand, and for all we really know miniature aliens could have created us as pets

Keep Smiling

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
reply to post by JoyDreamer

what is there to examine from religion? i just dont understand, claims are made and then through testing and the scientific method and what not we can see if these claims are true. i could make an outlandish claim about the miniature aliens that created us as pets and write a book about it and i don't see why it would hold any less merit than the bible or some other religious text.

this argument is so tired and unintelligent. If I heard you say that in public I would be embarrassed for you. I meet people like you all of the time and realize that your all just at a different maturity level spiritually, which is perfectly okay. Dont get me wrong, there is no "correct" time to achieve enlightenment, it must be sought after.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join