It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes! The religion and science conflict, only cuter!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Here is a perfect illustration of the debate

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Bwuhahaha! That was excellent! Never has there been a more perfect rendition of my opinion of the whole debate, and certainly not one nearly as cute.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

That was a really good illustration, and sums up the argument pretty much perfectly i.m.o, many thanks for posting it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hahaha brillant stuff, thats a really cool way of looking at the argument, try not to take it to badly religious guys.

I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world. Georges Duhamel

edit on 25-11-2011 by CharterZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Like most conspiracy theories LOL

No complete puzzle and its all just conspiracies... got to love it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Star and flag for you sir... a wonderful (and cute to boot) representation of the ongoing debate stripped down to the basic message... prepare to be flamed though... ignorance knows no bounds when it comes to blind faith...

PA

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reminds me of a thread i did a while ago:
An analogy

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Except... (respectfully)... I think humans have figured out the first 3 pieces of a 1,000 piece puzzle. We certainly don't know enough to think we can prove or disprove God. Anyone who believes that isn't smart enough to know how little he or she really knows.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
While I totally enjoyed your presentation and creativity, and without a shadow of a doubt agree with you on your viewpoint, it must be said that you are specifically referring to religion vs science, not spiritualy vs science. Correct?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
While I totally enjoyed your presentation and creativity, and without a shadow of a doubt agree with you on your viewpoint, it must be said that you are specifically referring to religion vs science, not spiritualy vs science. Correct?

I'm pretty sure OP is referring to Religion and the box as The Book or holy text. Spirtuality does not require a god, imo, i believe spirituality as in energy, chi, karma etc.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Brilliant and totally cute!!!!
I will be sharing this with quite a few people that I've had the religion/science debate with.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

The only thing missing is another bunny saying that the picture on his box say's your both wrong its the three little pigs

Star and flag, well done.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Some might have trouble accepting the three little "pigs" more than they would accepting that it's Not a duck.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Thanks. There's no point of a hidden message if eveyone can see it so I'll change it to Peter Platypus.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger!! Link

Created by A. A. Milne in 1926.

The Puzzle was created by Hasbro for Disney. Pooh Puzzle

What a perfect example of creation and intellectual property rights!

But wait....

I hope you are not trying to suggest that Winnie the Pooh or the puzzle came about on it's own...

Be careful 'cause you might get sued if you try to copy the puzzle or Winnie, and claim it as your own discovery,

Just trying to think outside the box.

Cute illustration!

edit on 25-11-2011 by dusty1 because: added a pooh vid 'cause it's cute!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Nice, the box is science and how they tell us it is this or that and we have to believe them even though the pieces of the puzzle don't add up to what science is telling us so they change the picture on the box to match the puzzle they put together. Nice post OP.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Probably should have placed this in the jokes thread to avoid the inevitable backlash, bickering, and ridiculousness.

Great image, just about sums it up, though I have to note that the rabbit didn't become verbally abusive as the other rabbit made discoveries proving the box wrong.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I think humans have figured out the first 3 pieces of a 1,000 piece puzzle. We certainly don't know enough to think we can prove or disprove God.

Who is trying to disprove the existence of god? This is about creationism versus evolution and yes, we have more than enough pieces of the puzzle to rule out "creationism".

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Nice, the box is science and how they tell us it is this or that and we have to believe them even though the pieces of the puzzle don't add up to what science is telling us so they change the picture on the box to match the puzzle they put together. Nice post OP.

lol no, the box is "religion" and the bunny putting the pieces together is "science" because religion makes assumptions while science investigates reality.

In some areas, they work together just fine, but not when talking about creationism versus actual science.

Science doesn't say it's a duck and sets out to prove it. Science says, I dunno what this is, lets find out, and lets the evidence speak for itself.

Religion says god said it is this, and it is, case closed, send in your donations.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
DARPA is in my brain, telling me to quack, oink, ruff! Ruff! But no, really, I like it......but truly, if reality is just downloaded when we sleep, for some of us, it's a duck, and some of us it's a pig, and some of us it's a forest, or a dog, or just one tree...I think you catch my drift, and thanks for yours, all the same....Maybe it is turkey?.?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join