It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Imaging Experts Needed To Analyze This UFO over Oakland (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

On November 22, 2011, video was recorded in Oakland, California by a woman and a young boy while riding in a vehicle. An immediate analysis of this encounter is needed. This footage is unique in many ways--not the least the high quality and close proximity of the object. As always, please feel free to comment with your insightful and polite opinions.

1. Too good to be true?

2. Could this easily be done with CGI?

Please discuss

Second Video

edit on 25-11-2011 by MrDetective because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2011 by MrDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrDetective

Second video the camera moves right, then down, then back up so the object is no longer in the shot. It doesn't disappear, they just fail to film it after moving the camera.

Hoax / mislead

edit on 25-11-2011 by dsm1664 because: pics

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I don't think it's fake, I think the object is real.

I just think it's a blimp.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

this can not be done by CGI, I am sure ! too complicated, too much work would be needed to make it feel real with all the movements involved and the fact sometimes it's in the background of objects ...
looks very interesting ! nice find !

when will they ( the ufopilots ) decide for once and for all to show themselves in the very FRONT of Wall Street to scare all those stupid bankers and traders so they feel, for once, there is much more than money and greedy $$$$ in this world !!! one big emotional shock, a lightshot in their brains, a flash of real life behind their virtual banking system .... just a AHA erlebnis that will wake up the poor brains and make them feel we are all ONE and interdependant !!!

edit on 25-11-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Looks clearly like a blimp too my eyes, i am afraid.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Its either one of these ....

Or one of these ...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It looks like an advertising durigible (I think that's how you spell it
)
also if it was anything remarkable news and videos would be all over the place.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

just saw your post after I put my 2 cents in. I think you hit it dead on.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

yeah, chinese lanterns, flying sausages, a angry wife throwing dishes in the night out of her kitchen, a new moon camouflage, a streetlight nobody ever saw in the streets, '___' experiment, a new kind of cloud lighting up in the night like some insects, yeah, everything else possible but no UFO ...... UFO is just impossible ....
this is sarcasm of course !!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Pretty sure that's not CGI.
Having said that, I'm leaning towards Goretex's explanation or maybe something like this;

Here is a video with some image analysis that I found.

edit on 25-11-2011 by BruceWayne because: + video

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

Too true but nevertheless UFO's are what they are - UFO's!
They are NOT extraterrestrial they are explainable. Helicopters, blimps, Chinese lanterns or probably the more acceptable "lens flare"!
No, unless one of these actually lands for everyone to see and/or something comes out of it and explains the unexplainable then they will remain "UFO's" and figments of people's imagination.
There is no analysing necessary - they could be anything!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I would say 99.9% its CGI !! I've been doing 3d stuff for 14 years, so I know 3D things can look realistic beyond a doubt. For me the give away is around 22 seconds in the second video. the red dots that are being picked up ( stars I imagine, shift about, the 'ufo' does not. So either the stars are moving or the object is at that point. Yet in no other bit of the vids do you see the craft moving suddenly.

So I'm almost entirely going for very well done fake, but with a little bit of bad camera matching that gives it away

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit

this can not be done by CGI, I am sure ! too complicated, too much work would be needed to make it feel real with all the movements involved and the fact sometimes it's in the background of objects ...looks very interesting ! nice find !

Really? I would not be so sure. Watch any of the recent Hollywood films in the past 5 years and see the level of realism and clarity on their CGI work.

Hell, look at any of the myriad of decent amateur CGI work on the Net and some of it is simply stunning.

If someone has the time and skill, I think it's very, very possible to CGI what that video shows. However is case I don't see why they would as nothing about it seems UFO to me. Looks like a blimp.
edit on 25-11-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pot8er
I would say 99.9% its CGI !! I've been doing 3d stuff for 14 years, so I know 3D things can look realistic beyond a doubt. For me the give away is around 22 seconds in the second video. the red dots that are being picked up ( stars I imagine, shift about, the 'ufo' does not. So either the stars are moving or the object is at that point. Yet in no other bit of the vids do you see the craft moving suddenly.

So I'm almost entirely going for very well done fake, but with a little bit of bad camera matching that gives it away

Sorry but without 14 years if experience in 3D fakery, I can almost without a shadow of a doubt tell that the object is real. It is a blimp. Simple. It's the right shape, moves at the right speed and you can see the tail and compulsory red light. You can even see the cabin underneath in some of the less shaky footage.

It is however, fake in the sense that the videographer intentionally tried to mislead in the second video by cutting away quickly and then cutting back a few feet to the right (as can be seen by the location of the garage) to fool the viewers into thinking the object had disappeared.

Real Tomfoolery.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

"On November 22, 2011, video was recorded in Oakland, California by a woman and a young boy while riding in a vehicle. "

Where does this info. come from Mrdetective? I can't see anything about who filmed it on youtube. Youtube posters never seem to detail how they came by the footage, which would be useful.

Based on just the video I'd say it looks like a real object possibly some kind of illuminated blimp.

Based on the source of the video I'm sceptical about the video being of a genuine unidentified object. The youtube user 'Muf0n' has a number of videos of quite possibly mundane objects yet with sensational sounding titles such as 'Triangle ships!' or ''luminous saucer' etc which makes the video a little bit suspect in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Its either one of these ....

Or one of these ...

Sorry big fail not one of those

should at least pick something close

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Check the picture on video 2 posted by BruceWayne then tell me that not an Airship

Sorry big fail not one of those
should at least pick something close

pick something close

edit on 25-11-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I know what you're saying, but it still stands that the red dot lights at 22 seconds in the sky move sharply away, or the object does. Look for yourself. above the 'ufo' at 22 seconds in the second video. It happens and its not normal. You can't say for sure that its an object thats really there and I can't say with 100% certainty that nothings there and its been comped in. What is plain to see though is the red dots moving at 22 seconds ish. That's the only thing I can say anything about with certainty, so thats the strongest bit for me.

It could be a blimp yes, but that doesn't explain the camera / 'ufo' / red dots / camera movement issue, thats all I'm saying

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I'm not satisfied with the blimp answer. First you have to look at what side you think is the elongated side (Naturally a blimp has longer dimensions in length=sideways oval) and then once that is figured out then you can tell if it moves like a blimp. If it was a blimp it would be flying sideways at points in the video... Do blimps move like that??

Looking at the video another time, It's very difficult to tell if its even moving because of the speed they are driving and zoom. It would of been nice to have her stop to see how this thing moved. Blimp is now plausible for me.
edit on 25-11-2011 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ok it could be a blimp, however its moving a little to fast to be a blimp. Blimps move at a very slow pace. From the beginning of the video to the point it decends behind the tree it moves quite a bit of distance. The car is moving fast but the object never seems to get closer because its moving.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join