It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology has taken your strength and your soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Technology has made people lazier and more removed from each other.

Everyone on phones - not relating to the people next to them - everyone on computers.

Technology has distanced people and it is extremely damaging to people, especially our youngest people, who will grow up thinking that it is normal to be so distant.

Beware of technology.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Beware of technology.

you know you are reaching out to people all over the world spreading this message, by technology... right??

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yes,

And I would rather talk to them on an ordinary phone.

But since we have this technology, at least I can spread my message further.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Dear Cat,

Sadly, I know you are not going to get a lot of supportive responses to your view. However, you absolutely have mine.

It is strange that, when people disect etheric things, they sometimes do come to the realisation that there is more to life than what we can see, feel and touch. They believe in ghost, aliens, intuition, love, and The Other. Yet, when we start talking about airwave polution, all goes quit.

This would be because it does not suit them to believe that cell phone towers, constant airwaves from tv, computers and such could possibly cause them to be anything less than priveledged or advantaged.

I don't care who looks down on me, but my biggest desire for myself on this planet, is to have a piece of land, be selfsufficient, without any bells and whistels that actually polutes spriritual energy and complicates life.

PEACE.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Well, when no one can afford an internet connection or the energy to power their laptops, we may be forced back into the dark days of talking with one another, reading books and walking. I think we all know when that time comes, life will no longer be worth living.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
yes you are right ! radio and television, you could still listen and look at it with the whole family, together enjoying a good film or the latest news ....
but now nearly everybody is constantly busy with his smartphone or blackbeast, texting and texting, millions of words they are texting .... you just ask yourself well what do they all have to tell that they can not do face to face or at least on the phone which is less autistic ...
All those guys playing games on PC or playstation, hours and hours, playing tennis with the wii instead off on the court in the open air with fellow people or friends ...
we become more and more isolated, but in constant virtual contact, permanently looking at that little screen to see if we are been read our messages or responded to our états d'âme ...
pitty for those people supertexting, supergaming and super-elsewhere, out of reality, out of human contact, right into the matrix where dying is just a game and living just a hell .....

in the early times of human life ( lol ) before GSM and blackbeast toy machinary ;-) you could be sitting with one or more friends in a nice pub and talk and laugh the whole evening ... now there is constantly ringing and blabla-ing and texting and running outside for more private speaking or smoking .... what a hell of a nice evening is that ... constantly being ripped out of the good vibes and sphere ...
you talk to your fellow pub partners about something personnal or interesting and then goes
RR IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII NNGGG or another stupid melody
--- ok, out of the blue, stop it, see you later, contact broken ......
edit on 25-11-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Technology has made people lazier and more removed from each other.

Everyone on phones - not relating to the people next to them - everyone on computers.

Technology has distanced people and it is extremely damaging to people, especially our youngest people, who will grow up thinking that it is normal to be so distant.

Beware of technology.

I recently moved to the middle of nowhere in west Texas (actually Lubbock where that haboob came through a few weeks ago). Because of technology (craigslist.com) I found a job the second day I was here. And then, because of cell phone technology, I was instantly able to begin making strong bonds with people I met at work. Through texting and calls I've formed some of the best friendships I've ever had, with people I happen to spend a lot of time with - in person, at the bars, the lake, etc. I'm dating a TTU grad student who I see pretty much daily and still get texts and calls from otherwise. I am not addicted to Facebook, I'm not even on it. But thank God for cell phones and internet, it made moving to what seemed like a barren wasteland a pretty awesome experience so far
edit on 25-11-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Ahhhhh man. I can't begin to explain to you how bad technology is with the people in my family. I don't want to get mean or mad with them (of course not because they usually get mad at me, for interrupting "tea time" so getting mad at them would be pointless and would most likely spark greater fights) and explain what their precious toys are doing exactly but some times they piss me off like when they feel they have to text back right away or someone's going to die. Not as bad as when they tell me they're busy on the computer (when they aren't) and to talk to them later in the week???? Later in the week.... are you kidding me? Yeah it's bad when it's your mother telling you these things. Maybe that's why I'm so miserable, everyone is too busy with technology and don't want to sit down anymore to talk or anything which is something I need or I become slightly insane lol. I really shouldn't be laughing because it's soooo bad in my family. It's actually horrible and painful at the same time because I know with only me I'm unable to help them.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Technology is a natural product of science. And science is a natural product of inquisitive human minds. Our ability to develop advanced technology is what sets us apart from all other types of species on this planet. Without technology we may as well go back to living in trees and wearing animal skins. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with living like that, go live like that if you really want to, but I would rather live in a technologically advanced society where I have the ability to access quality education and apply my knowledge to develop new technologies for the world. Instead of just using these 'evil voodoo soul sucking technologies' try to learn how they work and increase your understanding of the world, learn about physics, electronics, programming, etc. Be proud in the fact you can understand the underlying functionality of important technology that most people take for granted.
edit on 25-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Technology is a natural product of science. And science is a natural product of inquisitive human minds. Our ability to develop advanced technology is what sets us apart from all other types of species on this planet. Without technology we may as well go back to living in trees and wearing animal skins. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with living like that, go live like that if you really want to, but I would rather live in a technologically advanced society where I have the ability to access quality education and apply my knowledge to develop new technologies for the world. Instead of just using these 'evil voodoo soul sucking technologies' try to learn how they work and increase your understanding of the world, learn about physics, electronics, programming, etc. Be proud in the fact you can understand the underlying functionality of important technology that most people take for granted.
edit on 25-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

nothing bad saying about technology !! fantastic, the more the better I find !! problem is some people get completely obsessed with this gadgets and need it constantly to feel good ....
it's a virtual reality in which they flee to escape the real world or they get trapped in this because they think they must be constantly in touch with their work or their virtual friends ....
it's like a drug, can be a shyness symptom also to hide yourself etc etc ...., it's also a status macho symbol, it becomes a constant twitching, a texting tic .... nervous neurological behaviour for some ....

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

it's a virtual reality in which they flee to escape the real world or they get trapped in this because they think they must be constantly in touch with their work or their virtual friends ....
You are talking about people who are addicted to Facebook or use technology such as phones and the internet for completely useless time wasting tasks. Of course I can agree that certain technologies are making some people less social in the real world, but they say you should never blame a tool for how it is used. It is those people with the problem, placing the blame on the technology is not logical.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

well yes, that is what we say, what I say : those gadgets are fantastic but they are for some people
( lots of people ... ) like a drug and it influences the social behaviour of our world around us, totally different than before.
I remember someone in the train, a woman, talking into her GSM like as if she was alone in her bathroom : everybody could enjoy her talking and listen to her blabla about her body and feet problems ...
until after 10 minuts of blabla I stood up, went to her and told her please do not speak to the whole compartiment of the train, we don't care about your physical problems nor about your feet, cann't you be quiet and stop your blabla !!
ok, I HAVE to take the train, we all HAVE to take the train, it's NOT a free choice where I can say ohla I will go to another place because it's too noisy here or too stupid .....
another time someone was texting the whole bible I think but with the key beep on and so beep beep beep the whole time on .... nice you know !
I took my own GSM, did put the key beep tone on max and hold it near his ear while texting constantly randomly different keys .... he did understand and did put his beep on silent ... peace but not at all price !!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Without technology we may as well go back to living in trees and wearing animal skins. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with living like that, go live like that if you really want to, but I would rather live in a technologically advanced society where...............

.....I can enjoy GMO foods and the benefits of radiation, where I can pollute the atmosphere with chemicals and not content with that pollute the sea as well etc etc .......including creating unnatural remedies and maliciously withholding technologies and medicines.

Unfortunately technology is not just about education and communication. Sometimes I yearn for the trees and wearing animal skins........on the other hand I do find the Internet useful

new topics

top topics

join