It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventions that came from the United States of America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I don't say lies, only facts

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietBeige

It was mel Gibson who is an Australian but I got rid as it did take up too much space as you said. Lol

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

they invented obesity, wars, and how to be racist against colored people.

I disagree.

It is not a fact that Americans "invented" racism, war, and obesity.

To say such knowing it is not correct is to lie.

Quite straightforward.
edit on 11/25/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

they invented obesity, wars, and how to be racist against colored people.

farm3.static.flickr.com...

home.comcast.net...

backtoegypt.blacknetworktv.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

I'll check in here. The one and only musical instrument invented in America....can anyone guess? The Banjo. Also the newspaper, almanac, bifocals, the cotton gin,
steam powered machines, spray gun, reaping machine, better known today as the combine, sewing machine, revolver pistol....the list goes on. I would say Americans are the most inventive of all of the Nations.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I'll check in here. The one and only musical instrument invented in America....can anyone guess? The Banjo. Also the newspaper, almanac, bifocals, the cotton gin,
steam powered machines, spray gun, reaping machine, better known today as the combine, sewing machine, revolver pistol....the list goes on. I would say Americans are the most inventive of all of the Nations.

I did a quick check and the original banjo was invented in Africa and brought to the USA shortly afterwards by slave traders.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Would that be the British Trans-Atlantic slave traders?

we have never done that here in the uk and never will. shame on those who did

The slave traders were, in order of scale: the Portuguese, the British, the French, the Spanish, the Dutch, and Americans

he Atlantic slave trade, also known as the trans-atlantic slave trade, refers to the trade in slaves that took place across the Atlantic ocean from the sixteenth through to the nineteenth centuries. The vast majority of slaves involved in the Atlantic trade were Africans from the central and western parts of the continent, who were sold by Africans to European slave traders

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11/26/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'm not really talking about the slave trade as such, it was about the way they were treated as second class people even if they were not slaves due to the color of their skin. They were barred from entering places where it was for whites only. Same as schools and public transport etc. that's what annoys me about it.
Even today, a lot has not really changed.
Look at the floods,in Missouri when they were promised aid but many are still homeless , yet if it happened in say New York, nothing would be too much trouble,to help,them out. Think about it ......

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

yes i knew that but the point i was making was that in the early days of the hovercraft the m.o.d and the british government would not back it .

but when the m.o.d decide to buy a hovercraft they bought the first ones from an american company

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Steam powerd machines? LOL The British invented steam powered machines in 1712, before the US was even an independent country. Nice try but epic fail:-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Chances are you are reading this message on an electronic device invented by someone in the United States. Without the U.S. the world would literally be in the dark and possibly very few cures for diseases and no entertainment.

More medical advances came from Great Britain. Don't distress; they have been round a while longer.

25.Apple pie 26.Computer

...You can't be serious.

10.Tesla coil

Might the clue be in the name?

39. Racing

Why do we bother. Clearly trolling.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I live in Missouri and do not know where you are getting your information.

The last flood that would have affected any number of black population was 1993 near St. Louis. Nothing like you mentioned happened. I live in St. Louis, by the way.

Give a link if you can, though I won't hold my breath.

edit on 11/27/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You reveal your ignorance with your posts in this thread. You cannot make yourself look much worse. Do you honestly believe that racism wasn't around until America? Perhaps you should get a better grasp of history before you make such idiotic comments. I'm not going to go out of my way to prove to you how wrong you are, I just wan't you to realize how embarrassed you should be about the drivel you've typed. Feel free to attempt refutation, I won't be reading it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

it was mississipi flooding i meant

here

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nesta

i dont care what you think, i am entitled to my own opinion and that is what this forum is about ............

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

it was mississipi flooding i meant

here

Although the Mississippi flows along the eastern edge of Missouri, it did not flood here.

Also, you said if this happened in New York, help would be immediate.

Don't you realize, though, that works against your racism argument? There are MANY blacks in New York...

i dont care what you think, i am entitled to my own opinion and that is what this forum is about

And yet a few posts back, you said you only post facts.

edit on 11/28/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join