It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the mystery of Joan of Arc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
members.aol.com...

Do you believe that Joan Of Arc was mad or really a messager from THE ALMIGHTY.
Theire are a lot of mysteries about his true origin. Maybe she was the hidden daughter of Isabot de Bavi�re or even Charles X.
Some say that she is not dead burned in 1432. Some documents mention Joan of arc after 1432...

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
was likely a spectacular case of channelling....

It's not hard to picture the spirit of a slain French general, possessing her, and then releasing her after the battle. This seems to fit into most accounts of her state of mind before and after a battle, but of course, is just a theory. Joan, in accordance with her religion, instead saw the intruder as a message from God. This would explain how she was able to fight trained soldiers, and still survive, even though a peasant...she was simply operating under another's knowledge and skill at the time.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
She was a psycho.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
She was a psycho.

I read one day that she was a paranoic-skyzofrenic. She had the symptoms, but she also win many battles...
I also read that she may be a lesbian... I dont know about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I do find the life and exploits of Joan of Arc fascinating and incredible. She obviously believed that she was chosen by God to fulfil her destiny and repel the English invaders. It is absolutely extraordinary that a 14 year old peasant girl would convince the Dolphin of France to give her command of his forces. She obviously projected some type of conviction that was compelling enough to instil trust in her mission and ability to win against the English.

I�m sure that Joan truly believed that she was in contact with Angel messengers from God, consider the following: She said the first of these visions was Saint Michael the Archangel: "It was Saint Michael, who I saw before my eyes; he was not alone, but was accompanied by many angels from Heaven... I saw them with my bodily eyes, as well as I am seeing you; and when they left, I wept and greatly wished that they should have taken me with them." "Saint Michael, when he came to me, told me that Saint Catherine and Saint Margaret; would come to me and that I should act on their advice; that they were instructed to lead and advise me in what I had to do; and that I should believe in what they would say to me, for it was by God's order."

I�ve read a few articles that infer that Joan was more likely in touch with some type of Occult power and as mentioned by Gazrok, she may have acted as a channel for spirit entities.

Nans, about your comment that she may have been a paranoid schizophrenic; I see no outward evidence of that. She was very devout and preferred to carry her banner rather than a sword. I suppose that people who claim to have mystical experiences are often labeled as schizophrenic by those who don't understand because one symptom of schizophrenia is hearing voices & seeing things that are not part of objective reality.

I�ve provided some interesting links below for those interested.

Joan of Arc Life Summary

Joan of Arc Links

Joan of Arc Archives

Mystery of Joan E-Book

Joan�s Astrological Details

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   

top topics

join