It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday... as seen from my perspective.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So, my friend and I decided to get the full effect of Black Friday by going to major stores at midnight, not to shop but to witness the mayhem.
We first went to Target before opening, was completely barricaded around the building as the line wrapped around the entire facility with police everywhere of course, to herd the consumers.
We left Target and headed towards Wal-Mart super center. This is where I start to get demoralized. People, people everywhere. the one thing that stuck out to us the entire time was how EVERY CART if not every other cart had either a 32' or 40' TV. We are talking thousands of people with each cart 2-3 TVS (Same exact brand for all Emerson) lines out the door with register lines to the back of the store.
They were unloading the Tv's from the food section of the store and people were literally getting in disputes with each other about line cuts and who needed what size TV. The employees were clearly overwhelmed and outnumbered by the massive crowds of people wanting their precious television sets.

I can understand people wanting their sales, but just think, this is just one walmart. in one state. Each person with a couple TVS at 300$ each gives that store an incredible amount of money. And this is going on in EVERY major retailer in America... disgusting.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Couldnt agree more went down, walked in turned right back around and came home.
thousand people deep and while walking around 3months prices not to much different overall
just watching the herd mentality of it all made me leave.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The problem with black friday is MSM hype - and it is a prime example of how MSM controls the masses. Anyone who does any research knows that prices get cheaper the closer you get to Christmas - and even cheaper after. But all you see on that 35 inch flat screen you have now is how awesome these deals are on the 42 inch and how left out you will be if you don't run around in the middle of the night to get one.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It is so sickening. I have never gone to any stores during any of these things. People are programmed like some kind of Manchurian Consumers. When they hear the trigger words (Black Friday) they all reach for their credit cards and head to the designated area and purchase the designated item that they are told to buy. I'm sorry if I am insulting anyone by saying this, but anyone participating in this is not thinking for themselves.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by atoptreetops

I too agree my friend. Another thing I found VERY sad is that ESPECIALLY in wal-Mart and Target, most things weren't marked down at all! Yet people we're consuming the goods like no tomorrow, as if they were dropped 90% in price. It really made me sick to my stomach. It was sheer zombification and hysteria.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

just watching the herd mentality of it all made me leave. Freakshowfaty

A herd wouldn't kill each other over a #ing TV.

I both love and hate consumerism i love it because i like to consume. I hate it because they know what there doing
Its the primitive part of the brain convince us there are finite resources we will fight and kill to acquire said resource.

I know this because I have seen it people going crazy over Bull# me almost going crazy.Its sad to think that set aside the metaphysical philosophical spiritual we all are savages and that if things get bad enough we will ether band together in to a herd and survive or kill each other off until the number of people to resource ratio reaches equilibrium and survive

top topics

join