It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's meaning of the word "terrorisim" in your dictionary ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
in my dictionary, the word "terrorisim" is a certain kind of political tool
as we see, it's a correspondingly peaceful word now.
but, some political leader must make-up some battle to meet some need.
e.g. Trade, Munitioner, Vote, Stratagem...
in American , there is a very good, very natural excuse/rule :"we are justicer"
every enemy or opposite can be called "TERRORISIM".
e.g. Iraq, Korea, Jugoslavia...
"OH, they are terrorist !" what a perfect excuse! So the American army set off to kill "terrorist"
* The dead soldier wins "Anti Terrorist Medal" and his family wins sorrow, pride and money.
* George wins the Vote
* American wins the trade benifit
* "Terrorist" wins perdition
That's whole story.
so that, "terrorisim" is is a certain kind of political tool indeed

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is just the way I would define it.
Terrorist: A person who does showy, garish, extremely gruesome, bloody acts designed for striking maximal fear and 'terror' in the intended target.

This definition would apply whether it is some group attempting to effect political or social change, within or outside established power structures.

Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, CIA, FBI, ATF, and US Military are all terrorists and have commited acts of violence against the American people, designed to scare Americans into surrendering their civil liberties and to encite religious/political fervor to start two TOTALLY BOGUS WARS.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
This is just the way I would define it.
Terrorist: A person who does showy, garish, extremely gruesome, bloody acts designed for striking maximal fear and 'terror' in the intended target.

This definition would apply whether it is some group attempting to effect political or social change, within or outside established power structures.

Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, CIA, FBI, ATF, and US Military are all terrorists and have commited acts of violence against the American people, designed to scare Americans into surrendering their civil liberties and to encite religious/political fervor to start two TOTALLY BOGUS WARS.

So says the man lost in the Fog... How about you explain why a "plotting" government who would lead us into Bogus wars, but would not "cheat" to back up their claims? Cheating as in planting evidence to justify their effort. How about you snap out of your candyland conspiracy theory driven existance and get it through your head that there is a terror threat in this world.

Maybe if a suicide bomber screaming "Allahu Akbar" blows up your closest family member you will snap out of it.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
In my dictionary Terrorism means:

A cowardly act from a party who don't have the guts to declare a conventional war, a war where the only casualties are the soldiers, not helpless children and other civilians.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm so scared of those Islamic terrorists. NOT

New definition of Terrorist: audit agent from the IRS

(that's a joke IRS, hope you don't mind)

footnote: It was the IRS that got Al Capone, NOT Elliot Ness or the FBI.

I hope you don't mind Looking4Clues, but you seem a bit clueless IMHO.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by slank]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
terrorism is for whimps

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
I hope you don't mind Looking4Clues, but you seem a bit clueless IMHO.

I have already been through all the candyland conspiracy theories, it's just I know how to distinguish between entertainment and reality. You can keep that clue! No Charge!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Terrorism for dummies?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i see terrorist as cowards. look at 9/11, and more recently the masacare in a russian school. hitting targets with no children is one thing, but a school? thats probally the most barbaric thing in the entire world. this goes to show you that they are getting desperate. i think putin should flatten chechnya, and i think that if the US is attacked again we shouldnt have to ask france and europe to see if its ok to defend our selves.

top topics

join