It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria With "Ship Killers": Missiles Threaten U.S. Navy Carrier

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Agree. I also believe if per say China was to attack a U.S. Carrier,it would use low yield nukes,to maximize destruction efficiency.

All around,its not good news.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by OldCorp
I think you're onto something brother. Russia has a new attitude as of late, and they don't seem to want to back down. Still, I doubt that they will get into a shooting match with the U.S. over Syria.

They had no problem with instigating a Nuclear War right in our backyard during the Cuban Missle crisis. I think Syria is the last draw. I don't think The Russian's can stomach anymore humiliation in The Middle East. The earlier Georgia conflict relates to these current events as well. Syria is just another strategic move on the chess board. Sneaky Red China waits in the background. ~SheopleNation

The Bay of Pigs was a different time. Communism was still spreading throughout the world, and Russia was at the forefront of its push. Anyone embracing it was to be protected at all costs. Syria is not a Communist country, though it is a totalitarian one. Maybe Russia is trying to get that going. Yay.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by beezzer

Fire one at a US carrier group and see what happens to it.

I dare ya.

Oh Lord, please prove me wrong!
Really.

I'd love to be on the losing end of THAT argument!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There really is only one way to find out for sure.

Only one way to "prove" it.

Maybe we'll have an opportunity to see it in action soon.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

Agree. I also believe if per say China was to attack a U.S. Carrier,it would use low yield nukes,to maximize destruction efficiency.

All around,its not good news.

I emember a time when tactical nukes were a weapon of last resort.

Not a common field ready tool.

I light candles and keep my Rosary near-by.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

That's what I'm afraid of.

please-oh-please-oh-please-oh-please-oh-please let me be wrong!!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread

Originally posted by OldCorp
I was speaking to one of the leaders of a Syrian opposition group via Skype earlier tonight (no I won't say who it is, you'll have to wait for the next episode of The Truth Is Viral) and we were discussing possible Russian involvement should NATO take an overt role in enforcing the no-fly zone, a "Red Line" the Russians have said they will not allow to be crossed.

It's going to be problematic enough to keep the Russians out. Turkey, a NATO country, will be taking the lead in the no-fly zone under the auspices of the Arab League - to which Turkey does not belong. In an interview with NATO, I was told that "NATO" is staying out of this one aside from logistical support for the Turks. Exactly how that is supposed to convince the Russians this is not a NATO operation is beyond me; but I guess we'll see how this shakes out one way or another, because we're on an E ticket ride and there ain't no getting off.

A no fly zone in Syria will not just be pointless but a complete waste of time, and I doubt that any country wants to waste their resources on such a dangerous and ineffective mission.

Plus your comments about the Syrian military capabilities and Russian intervention are highly exaggerated, wrong and unrealistic.

edit on 25-11-2011 by hotbread because: reduced quote size

I doubt it too, but both the UK and The USA have Idiots in Charge.

hmm............ This situation could easily get of hand.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I agree. However, the sad thing is that this is not a showcase of what you may call "human nature." All things on the world stage are engineered to a degree in order to transfer more wealth to the top 1%.The third-world would not be so without the huge debts imposed by groups like the IMF and the World Bank (unrepayable loans). The only thing I can say about this is that I'm gonna try and follow the money and I suggest all of you do the same. It's the only way to discern the true motives behind this development.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

Russian warships that have reached waters off Syria in recent days were carrying, among other things, Russian technical advisors who will help the Syrians set up an array of S-300 missiles Damascus has received in recent weeks,

There is no Russian warships. The last Russian frigate to deploy to the Mediterranean was exercising with NATO assets. It never went anywhere near Syria and transited back through the Turkish Straits to the Black Sea Fleet. The following article sums up why the story of Russian warships off or in Syrian waters was fabricated.

www.nowlebanon.com...

There is little reason to suspect that the story originated from anywhere other than the Syrian regime. A Syrian news site eventually reported that “unnamed Syrian sources” had told the German Press Agency that Moscow “leaked the story of dispatching six warships to the Syrian coast as a form of tangible solidarity,” in response to the Arab League’s recent call to send observers to Syria, which the latter found unacceptable. At one level, therefore, the story was intended as a rebuff to the notion that the league’s resolution was the launching pad for an international intervention in Syria.

Delivering this response to the Arab League was the main purpose behind Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Mouallem’s press conference on Sunday. When asked about the report, Mouallem did not confirm it, and referred only to the naval maintenance facility in the port of Tartous and the relevant 1980 treaty between Syria and the former Soviet Union governing its use.....

For Assad, however, desperate times call for desperate measures. Assad is eager to exaggerate his significance to Russia and to try and leverage its disputes with NATO in his war against the Syrian uprising. The information operation involving the Russian warships is part of this war, which Assad is losing.

See following thread plus my posts and links.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There won't be any Russian warships in the Mediterranean until the routine and planned deployment of the Russian aircraft carrier Battle Group. The Kuznetsov is due to deploy on a lengthy cruise during December 2011. People really aren't thinking out the box when assessing the story of Russian warships in Syria. The Black Sea Fleet has to transit via the Turkish Straits. Any large deployment such as the three warships claimed currently in Syria would major news in Turkey due to the treaty they have with allowing Russia access to the straits. Until the Kuznetsov Battle Group arrives either in December or January there won't be any major Russian warship in the Mediterranean. If the Russians send any Black Sea Fleet assets then it will be breaking news via Turkey. The original story was created for a purpose but doesn't stand up to reality.

The story is as bogus as the recent Cypriot news reports of the Russian aircraft carrier off Malta.

www.ansamed.info...

Cyprus: Russian navy nears gas drilling zone

(ANSAmed) - NICOSIA, NOVEMBER 25 - The Russian "Admiral Kuznetsov" class aircraft carrier is currently off the coast of Malta and heading for eastern Mediterranean from their base in the Barents Sea...

The Russian Navy Commander in Chief just inspected the Kuznetsov Carrier Battle Group yesterday. Guess what? He didn't have to fly to the Mediterranean

www.itar-tass.com...

link   
You can't target submarines with that though and a Sub fleet could kill all defences dead in Syria as well as the ruskis

link   
Remember the Hezzbollah fired a missile at a very sophisticated Israeli ship in 2006 when Israel invaded Lebanon.

The missile did not destroy the ship but it did disable it.

If an Israeli ship can be nailed by a missile an American ship can be nailed as well.

From what I heard the Israeli military experts were shocked that their sacred ship could have been hit so easily. In that same failed operation the much vaunted Merkava tanks became hibachi tombs for Israeli soldiers who were convinced they had the technological advantage.

If you have seen the photos or videos of the US vehicle graveyards in Iraq you have to face the fact that real war is not a video game and you can not win everytime.

There is nothing about aircraft carriers that allows them to escape the laws of physics.

Congress seems determined to sacrifice even more American lives for Israel and not enough Americans are resisting the con-job.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Yeah I understand that, but Russia has interests with Syria. They sell them weapons in exchange for use of their ports. Iran's connections to Syria and Russia play a big part into this situation as well. Just like the Pakistan / Red China / Iran connection. It's about air space a well. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Don't know if people are aware of this but the current US Navy has no real defense against these "ship killers".

They are a game changer.

beez

The main difference between this missile and others, like the Exocet, is it's speed. It travels in excess of Mack 2 as it skims across the surface of the ocean and turns off its radar 45 miles from the target so that it is pretty much invisible. We also have some damn fine anti-missile technology, but if I was on the Bush I'd still be extremely wary. It only takes one missile to get through, and that's all she wrote.

Overconfidence is a killer.

Reply To The Old American

Brother, I'm no hero. Martin Luther King was a hero, Audie Murphy and Chesty Puller were heros; I'm just an opinionated loudmouth.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRAVO949If an Israeli ship can be nailed by a missile an American ship can be nailed as well.

Are you suggesting that Israel has better Naval defense, weapons and technology than the USA? Or to say the least, equal? Because they don't my friend. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Call me a cynic but the basis for this post seems to be straight from Alex Jones;
Russia Arms Syria With Missiles To Defend Against NATO Attack

Prisonplanet has already claimed Russian ships have entered Syrian waters (which was false). Some of his other claims are looking just as dubious, like his Russian 'ship killer' missiles. (and I think the Russians know perfectly well our CIWS/Phalanx weapons platform can chew up any missile they care to launch at it).

Another thing, it seems a lot of people over-react to the idea that we have an aircraft carrier there. Fact is, the 6th fleet is ALWAYS present in that region, aircraft carriers rotate in and out of the Med., and while a carrier may carry out air strikes it's far more likely the air strikes would come from a NATO base in the region.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Russia owns one aircraft carrier why would they have it in Syria and not defending Russia?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
This whole Syrian opposition is being staged in my opinion by the Western forces in order to overthrow the al-Assad Baathist regime since it refuses to comply with the dictates coming from Washington. I would not even be surprised if the snipers littering Syria that have this faces covered are actually foreign snipers sent in to create a quagmire for the al-Assad regime. Many in Syria have sought refuge with the military because of the violent opposition, which is obviously being met with violence from the state.

If my suspicions are correct, which I believe they are, then I applaud Russia for arming Syria with ‘ship killers’. I love my native homeland, America, but we are dead wrong and if it takes getting punched in the face to learn our lesson then so-be-it. I am actually beginning to look towards Russia more for a hopeful future, Putin and Russia are not perfect by any means but a multipolar world with large Russian influence could only make things better in my opinion.

Owhhhh a conspiracy!

Got any proof or are you on the Iranian pay roll

Bahhh nonsense

edit on 25-11-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Shut up!

You wore the uniform.

You walked the line.

Take your damned coin and stand straight!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
duplicate

edit on 25-11-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Russia can't even keep their vehicles moving....its the same old Russia....they couldn't do much more than fight a proxy war. Which would make things more difficult...but I don't think they would really commit...especially if we dominated very quickly...they would back down...just my opinion.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join