It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria With "Ship Killers": Missiles Threaten U.S. Navy Carrier

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by OldCorp

Anybody else get a chill reading this part?

U.S.S. George H.W. Bush (CVN-77) which is currently steaming the waters off of Syria in anticipation of the imminent declaration of a no-fly zone designed to cripple the military of Bashar al-Assad's Baathist regime.

Out of all the ships obama could've sent there it's this one? Seems like obamas got it in for any Bush.
Normally I'd say it's just Russia sabor rattling, if we had a President, Russia would back down with a lot of grumbling for show, but since were stuck with obama, I think things could get ugly and we may just wind up with a bloody nose or worse.

You didn't expect him to send the USS Barack Hussein Obama did you?

Actually I did see the irony in that - another Bush waging war in the Middle East. I thought we were done with that - and if this weren't a serious story I would have engaged in extreme sarcasm as shown above.

Originally posted by RSF77
I don't think Syria has the ability to fire these missiles beyond a short distance, relatively speaking, when you consider the range a US Carrier group engages its targets at.

They can hit Israeli missile corvettes though fairly easily with these.

You are absolutely right. From what I have learned, Syria does not have the radar capability to target anything over the horizon, so the effective range of the missiles is probably cut by half.

The Israelis are rightfully concerned, because Assad can, has, and will give advanced weaponry to Hezbollah to target Israel. There is an Arab saying: "We will burn it all down," and once Assad realizes he really is toast, he may very well decide to go out in a blaze of glory rather than suffer the fate of Gadaffi.

So far in this thread, I've posted nothing but facts that can be verified by a 5-year-old with a laptop. Now I'm going to post some conjecture (to some, future history to me and other awake Christians.) This is a Biblical prophecy concerning Syria from Isaiah 17: 1-3.

Isaiah 17
1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
3 The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.

Damascus, one of the oldest cities in the world, has never been a "ruinous heap," so there is no denying that if it is accurate (and I believe it will come to pass) it is referring to future events. Iran doesn't have to target Israel with nukes to kick off a regional bloodbath; If Syria and Iran unleash their terrorist proxies of Islamic Jihad, Hamas, and Hezbollah and start firing missiles into Israel, don't be a bit surprised if Damascus is the first target of an Israeli nuclear weapon.

The prophet Zechariah even describes the effects of a nuclear blast pretty well for a Bronze Age cave-dweller:

Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples that wage war against Jerusalem: their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

Some of you will call me a religious nutter. That's ok, I forgive you in advance. But I truly believe that we are witnessing a 3,500 year old prophecy unfold before our very eyes. If Damascus burns, remember you heard it here before it happened.

/religion talk

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
People keep mentioning these technologies , and refuse to mention the military capability of the United States.

Do you think the United States has been a sleep and do not know about these missiles? lol

I mean seriously , if you know anything about them , i assure you , our Government knew about it long ago.

Do not discredit the capability of US Naval warships. I dare them to fire dozens of these "Antiship Missiles". They will quickly find out that its not going to hit the United States Carrier. It may hit a destroyer , but it WILL not make contact with the carrier. They will also find something going twice as fast as that "Antiship" missile they has twice the payload that missile had coming down their throats in retaliation with dozens more being fired.

DO NOT discredit the capability of the United States Military. We would not send a carrier to show force against these missiles and the Russian warships if we could not defend ourselves or blow the ships and land based missiles to hell and back.

There is also classified defense systems all over our modern warships you have no idea about , that sailors see and have no idea what it is , or how it works. Youll see when that missile is inbound.

Stop discrediting our capability to defend and counter enemy "Top" technology.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

the only ones trying to fulfil it are the khazars and the salafis.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

sunburn carrys a plasma generator to absorb and dissipate electromagnetic shockwaves that torsional weaponry is meant to create.

Enough said.

like the USS cole? or USS jarrett that was saved by HMS Glouseter.
edit on 25-11-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Electromagnetic waves pulses that are absorbed and deflected create a near 100% hit ratio for missiles designed to lock on to graph disruptions within the field. These missiles are called SWARMS and are 26 inches long and are like bottle rockets. They will take out most large sized missiles and are deadly accurate.

Its not classified , but you dont hear about them because the technology that support these missiles that works as the targeting system are highly classified.

Not to mention the ship i was aboard had 6 LaWS covering all directions in a crossfire , as well as the Phalanx defense system still in place to support the LAWS system , so if the LAWS fails or does not fail since it is just now being placed on ships.

These lasers also use free / radical energy to power themselves , putting little strain on the ships power system and can fire very rapidly. All incomming missiles will be destroyed within 30km of the vessel if the primary counter measures do not work. SWARM missiles , LASERS , and Phalanx , Chaff screens , EMP pulses , are all SECONDARY defense measures. You forget MOST of the primary defense measures are confidential.

Not to mention special elctronic warfare aircraft that are constantly in flight when hostile vessels are around that are one of the fleets primary defenses , their are also dozen of other defense systems aboard the fleet vessels. Just fire the missiles and youll see a couple go into action and HUGE FACE PALM by Russia and Syria.

All incoming missiles no matter WHAT kind of missile is incoming , has a counter measure. Unless you fire HUNDREDs of these missiles. Its going to be hard to take out a US fleet.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
OLD CORP

Look like Alex Jones has been reading our little thread here!!

www.infowars.com...
Russia Arms Syria With Missiles
edit on 25-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

I just posted a comment on that, updating them on the latest news:

Hey! You guys are A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT.
Here's the latest news: bobpowell.blogspot.com...
Yes, I am THAT awesome.
LOL

"Your comment is awaiting moderation."

How much you want to bet I get banned from Infowars?

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by OldCorp

Am I the only one who cracked up at the "USS George H.W. Bush"? I found it to be very appropriate.

No.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't know how true the missiles are, but I know that the Russian ships will bring exactly the same missiles on board. It is not just testing newest or better. They are nuclear missiles with 100 - 500 kt warheads.

The issue goes beyond colonial powers in the region (France), and even beyond Russia-USA. I tried to explain some factors why these lands are important for Russia. Of course they are strategic lands and Russia put a lot in Syria and other countries in the last decades, to just leave them now. They are important as well for Turkey who ruled all those southern lands to Yemen. Below is a map of the Ottoman empire, and of the Byzantine empire before that. We have a clear counterweight of Orthodoxy vs Islam, especially Turkish Islam that is not Arab and that controlled the Arab world including Mecca and Jerusalem for centuries. Today's visible position of Turkey to "defend civilian population in Syria" may have completely different hidden agenda, that goes far beyond the Kurdish issue. Remember Turgut Ozal the former president who dreamed of a grand Turkey from Uzbekistan to...He died unexpectedly. And now the ruling party is a fundamental Muslim, despite they are not so fundamental as some Arabs and Iran. Or are they? They were refused entry in EU and now they look south to expand. They wanted Kurdish Iraq but were denied by EU and USA.

So I wonder will that be stopped by Russia, in a regional war, similar to Gerogia, where the West will "test" the capability of adequate response of its adversary (as it was Georgia)?
Or the confrontation will reach its maximum exactly now, with even possible WW3 between the superpowers. The expectation that Russia will sit and wait means Russia to lose more if not all credibility in the Muslim world that is not only Arab. And that pushes it into the corner. The latest several statements incl by gen Makarov who warned the regional war may become nuclear WW3, show this time Russia has decided to act. USA may step back, allowing the parties involved to decide the conflict (Turkey-Syria most likely, aided by USA and Russia with armament) or USA may push forward as it did in Libya. So is France. But they rick too much and they know that. They risk Russia to strike preemptively the mainlands when they expect it least. During a drill or so. Turkey is not a real ally. Turkey did not allow American troops on its territory during the Iraqi war. Why to believe Turkey will do anything good now? Only because it is the biggest power next to Assad that can force him down? Is that so shortsighted, or may be the goal is indeed a much bigger confrontation, and these countries incl Assad play the role of the useful fools.

map of Ottoman empire 1914

Map of Byzantine empire 1180AD

edit on 25-11-2011 by Gliese581 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

WOW! AJ is a member of ATS? I wonder if hes an official member or just a troll? Old corps what a great job you do here and I think I speak for MANY when I say how thankful we are to have you and you show on ATS!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
So is this an thread advertising your upcoming whatever - news analysis show? Why the thread before the show if your just gonna say - have to tune in to find out about my source?

And dude - no need to advertise - we all get spammed in our u2u box with the alert about your show. The word overexposed comes to mind.

Exactly. Advertising. Now we no longer have objective coverage because the person reporting has a financial bias to report anything that can capture the attention of the viewers. Tainted by money.

We all can plainly see the video information on the main page so many times per week. Stop with spam in the inbox. I always delete it.

And, yea, I have a skype contact too! You wouldn't believe what she said she heard. I'm going to release it to YouTube soon. Subscribe to my new channel please! You don't want to miss this!! Very important and sensational news!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Electromagnetic waves pulses that are absorbed and deflected create a near 100% hit ratio for missiles designed to lock on to graph disruptions within the field. These missiles are called SWARMS and are 26 inches long and are like bottle rockets. They will take out most large sized missiles and are deadly accurate.

Its not classified , but you dont hear about them because the technology that support these missiles that works as the targeting system are highly classified.

Not to mention the ship i was aboard had 6 LaWS covering all directions in a crossfire , as well as the Phalanx defense system still in place to support the LAWS system , so if the LAWS fails or does not fail since it is just now being placed on ships.

These lasers also use free / radical energy to power themselves , putting little strain on the ships power system and care fire very rapidly. All incomming missiles will be destroyed within 30km of the vessel.

Not to mention special elctronic warfare aircraft that are constantly in flight when hostile vessels are around that are one of the fleets primary defenses , their are also dozen of other defense systems aboard the fleet vessels. Just fire the missiles and youll see a couple go into action and HUGE FACE PALM by Russia and Syria.

okay genius,You seriously are not understanding,

These lasers also use free / radical energy to power themselves , putting little strain on the ships power system and care fire very rapidly.

Free energy is a low level manifestation of torsion field.
lasers are essentially electromagnetic shockwaves highly concentrated.Marabu was designed to protect against this and radio location systems and all kinds of electromagnetic shockwaves with possible exception of narrowband HPM. created in 70's.Check the works of Kozyrev on electromagnetic shockwaves and torsional countermeasures

Lasers have been existing since the 20's.Countermeasures were developed in 50's-60's.

These missiles are called SWARMS and are 26 inches long and are like bottle rockets. They will take out most large sized missiles and are deadly accurate.

what?searam? only 5.5 seconds before impact.

Just fire the missiles and youll see a couple go into action and HUGE FACE PALM by Russia and Syria.

I don't care , your carriers will be lost and the los angeles submarines will decimate our black sea fleet anyways. What I care is about that EMERCOM must be fast in evacuation of civilians.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

You do know a missile carrying anything over 25 KT will be easy pickings for missile defense systems right?

The only way they could get anything in over 25 KT would be to drop a bomb which wouldnt be possible considering the size of the aircraft would be VERY easily shot down.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

So is this an thread advertising your upcoming whatever - news analysis show? Why the thread before the show if your just gonna say - have to tune in to find out about my source?

And dude - no need to advertise - we all get spammed in our u2u box with the alert about your show. The word overexposed comes to mind.

Exactly. Advertising. Now we no longer have objective coverage because the person reporting has a financial bias to report anything that can capture the attention of the viewers. Tainted by money.

We all can plainly see the video information on the main page so many times per week. Stop with spam in the inbox. I always delete it.

And, yea, I have a skype contact too! You wouldn't believe what she said she heard. I'm going to release it to YouTube soon. Subscribe to my new channel please! You don't want to miss this!! Very important and sensational news!

Spoken like a true cro-magnon. I thought you guys were extinct.

You obviously don't have a clue.
Buh-bye sweetpea.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

This is also why they are called SECONDARY emergency measures. The secondary counter measures are for MASS MISSILE launches. Its not for a 3 or 4 missiles incoming. Its for when you spam 20 to 40 missiles at the carrier group.

Guess you forgot.

The missiles fired will NOT make it past the primary engagement system. The Primary engagement systems are classified unless you work in the dark room. I dont know about them.

SWARMS are upgraded SEARAMs , try nearly 40 seconds before impact.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yawn. What is your point? The USA sells more weapons across the world than anyone, including to dictators, countries we later invaded and the like. We can do it but no one else can? This means nothing, especially if it's a 2007 contract, years before any of this latest nonsense began.

The hypocrisy amongst us Americans these days is utterly ridiculous. We're allowed to do whatever we want including selling weapons to whoever, having massive black budgets, bombing and invading any country we feel like based on anything we feel like, threaten whoever we want and so on but god forbid Russia, who has been FAR more peaceful than the US in recent years sells some weapons, GASP, how dare they! It's an act of aggression we must retaliate! Pathetic bunch of hypocrites america has become.

Brought to us by a guy with "rapture ready" in his avatar holding a rifle. What a sick, violent world this has become because of propaganda mostly pushed by religious fanatic war hawks. Why is that so many christians and other religions are actually excited by the prospect of war and yet they act like they are morally superior to the rest of us who want peace?

Slaughtering millions of people including many innocents as "collateral damage" and setting the world afire with war is okay, but god forbid gays have equal rights or something horrid and "sinful" like that! so.messed.up.

edit on 25-11-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

ATS Videos cannot be seen on IE9 or Firefox 6, newest chrome or any compatibility modes.

Do you have any proof that you spoke to someone in that country?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Spoken like a true cro-magnon. I thought you guys were extinct.

You obviously don't have a clue.
Buh-bye sweetpea.

I agree with some statements, too bad you made yourself look bad with your reply though.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Again, why is it that people get angry about someone providing their views? Why not wait until the video is out, then feel free to take it apart and give your opinion on what you think is wrong with it. I'm not wanting to drag this thread off topic but this is ridiculous.

And feel free to build a case about being "tainted by money" in a new ground breaking thread. I'm sure your facts will drag in the crowd. I'll check my inbox for your link.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

secondary weapons ?time won't be sufficient as long as moskit operates under the horizon.

As for true classified weapons,check the BAE terawatt narrowband HPM generators (deployed) ,officially in development. Its less advanced to our SSST platforms but still has sufficient ability to neutralize ss-19's,ss-18's. would be ineffective against topol's,Rs-24 with torsional generators and engines,considering that topol was meant to through tesla shields. variants of such topols are quasi-icbms .

official topols have solid state fuel.

searams -5.5 seconds.

As for USA not our primary targets.Khazars are.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Your ignoring most miliary protocols if you even know them with your reasoning.

There are reasons its classified.

If it isnt classified , it means it is old school technology for America.

Such as the B2 Stealth Bomber ... it was classified until it became old school technology.

----

Anything worth mentioning shouldnt be mentioned ..... basic military concept. My college degree is in Military Operational Studies / Diplomacy.

You should learn military history , and protocol. If your missile isnt classified , you either feel threatened and want to show force , or it is old technology.

Russia , is VERY far behind the US in technology. We picked up a Russian submarine following our carrier group near Persian Gulf. We fained deaf because the weaker our enemies think we are ... the better when we are attacked.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join