It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria With "Ship Killers": Missiles Threaten U.S. Navy Carrier

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

the fat lady will have sung by the time episode three airs. It's definitely going to be a challenge that's for sure.

I assume you mean that in at least three weeks we may see a conflict begin. Is that correct?

Great info and keep us posted!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Havent russia been supplying syria with weapons for a while?
Abd great thread old corps! I gotta say it worries me when you say something like this, you do know this war machine we call a country.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

We had a great Thanksgiving, hope you and yours had the same.

I bring up the Cold War (you and I were born in the same era) only because back then, the political leaders on all sides had "skin in the game" from WWII. Todays leaders see war as an abstract, a diplomatic tool rather than something only done as a last resort.
Syria is only the latest example.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

He's got some kind of bug up his butt because I authored this thread and used the Skype interview I conducted with a Syrian opposition leader as a source. When the interview is broadcast on the next episode of my show he'll be eating his words, AND I expect an apology.

How childish can you get?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
reply to post by popsmayhem

He's got some kind of bug up his butt because I authored this thread and used the Skype interview I conducted with a Syrian opposition leader as a source. When the interview is broadcast on the next episode of my show he'll be eating his words, AND I expect an apology.

How childish can you get?

Keep the info coming old corp, i'm antsy now!

We shall ignore the thread derailing..

Do YOU people really understand the implications that are taking place??

WAKE UP!
www.abovetopsecret.com... N. Korea Threatens south with "a Sea of Fire"

Coincidence >?

Impeccable timing>?
edit on 24-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

This comes from Pravda,and I find this telling also............

"Why did it take the United States four years to decide not to inform Russia about military redeployments?"

"Apparently, it is connected with the situation in the Mediterranean Sea. One may assume that NATO will create a military group near Russia's southern borders to strike Syria. They will most likely raise this issue at the NATO summit in December. They will try to analyze Syria's actions in case NATO conducts a military operation against the country, like it already happened in Libya."

"Is Russia a big obstacle for conducting NATO's operation against Syria? Does the USA have anything to conceal from us at this point?"

"Russia is an obstacle, yes. We have a naval base in Syria's Tartus. The base is protected with air defense complexes, so the chances for aggression from NATO or Israel from the sea are slim. If they decide to attack, it will most likely happen from the side of Saudi Arabia. So the USA has something to conceal.

"There is another aspect to this. There are approximately 120,000 Russian citizens living in Syria. Presumably, it goes about Russian women, who married local men. Russia can use this detail to interfere into the events in Syria. In addition, 20 percent of the Russian defense complex will simply tip off the perch in case Russia loses the Syrian market. It is not ruled out that they are regrouping NATO forces to get ready for the war against Syria, and they don't want to notify Russia of that."

NATO conceals preparations for military action against Syria

This a chess game,where many pieces could be lost.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

the fat lady will have sung by the time episode three airs. It's definitely going to be a challenge that's for sure.

I assume you mean that in at least three weeks we may see a conflict begin. Is that correct?

Great info and keep us posted!

No sir, I mean that in three weeks this conflict may be OVER, with Bashar al-Assad laid out on a slab. He's not about to give up power, and IMO war is a foregone conclusion. Fortunately, I don't think that an Islamist or Salafist party will be able to take control of the government as they have in Tunisia, Egypt (the Muslim Brotherhood is expected to take a majority of the seats in Parliament next week), and Libya.

Syria has a long history as a secular, nationalistic state. The ruling Ba'ath Party has been a bastion of pan-Arabism as opposed to pan-Islamism, and the demographics of the country are sufficiently diverse to provide plenty of opposition to any power grab by the Muslim Brotherhood or a similar entity. According to a Wikileaks cable, the MB was neutered in Syria years ago.

Most estimates of potential Muslim Brother support range between ten and thirty percent of the Syrian population, with many contacts insisting that even these estimates are inflated. Nonetheless, a non-MB, moderate Islamist political bloc, possibly allied with Syrian businessmen, which combines “the power of money” and “the Islamic street,” could do very well in any free elections in Syria (although current conditions indicate that the likelihood of such a scenario is fairly remote). Contacts insist that the Asad regime — highly unlikely to allow such elections — has contributed in a variety of ways to the perception of exaggerated potential influence of the Muslim Brothers in Syria.

It is difficult to assess clearly the potential power of the Muslim Brothers at a time when the Asad regime has destroyed the movement and engages in ongoing repression (and reinforcement of the exiled status of the MB’s leadership) to ensure they are not able to rebuild. It is also difficult to assess their potential support relative to other political currents in Syria, such as pan-Arabism, Syrian nationalism, and Ba’athism, given the current lack of free and fair elections. When asked about the power of the Muslim Brothers, interlocutors often inquire whether one is considering a situation “of full democracy” or one in which the regime still controls elections and the political environment. In free and fair elections, some type of Islamist political current would almost certainly play a major role in Syria, although it is doubtful that the Muslim Brothers could reconstitute themselves to assume that role, given present conditions.

Although some of these minorities are Muslim, all oppose Sunni Arab domination and would not support any conservative Islamist political current dominated by a group like the Muslim Brotherhood. (Note: In the Palestinian territories, by point of contrast, where Hamas, an offshoot of the Muslim Brothers, recently won an overwhelming political victory, Sunni Arabs make up some 97 percent of the Palestinian population.)~ LINK

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Havent russia been supplying syria with weapons for a while?
And great thread old corps! I gotta say it worries me when you say something like this, you do know this war machine we call a country.

Russia has been a close ally and supplier of armaments to Syria since Hafez al-Assad, Bashar's daddy, was in power.

It worries me too Chips. If I was a Catholic, I'd be wearing out my rosary right about now.
edit on 11/25/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I was speaking to one of the leaders of a Syrian opposition group via Skype earlier tonight (no I won't say who it is, you'll have to wait for the next episode of The Truth Is Viral) and we were discussing possible Russian involvement should NATO take an overt role in enforcing the no-fly zone, a "Red Line" the Russians have said they will not allow to be crossed.

You haven't seen my show have you? It's a news analysis show featured on the front page of ATS every week. Where have you been?

So is this an thread advertising your upcoming whatever - news analysis show? Why the thread before the show if your just gonna say - have to tune in to find out about my source?

And dude - no need to advertise - we all get spammed in our u2u box with the alert about your show. The word overexposed comes to mind.
Boo.

edit on 11/25/2011 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Good that a line being drawn against western agression.

But hope that calmer heads prevail and a peaceful solution is found.

Its past time humanity grew up and stopped acting like damn primitive savages slaughtering each other over their primitive barbaric god and greed.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

So is this an thread advertising your upcoming whatever - news analysis show? Why the thread before the show if your just gonna say - have to tune in to find out about my source?

Boo.

Syria is the largest buyer of Russian weapons in West Asia. As of January 2011, Russia had contracts to supply arms to Syria worth $3.5-billion, the RIA Novosti Russian government news agency reported. The biggest deal involves the supply of two Bastion anti-ship missile system with 72 Yakhont supersonic missiles, the prototype of the Indo-Russian BrahMos missile.

Russian arms deal with Syria stays despite clashes

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
*BREAKING*

one of my homeys on youtube, who happens to be from the Russian FSB posted this video to shoah how they managed to sneak those dastardly carrier killing missiles past the ever prying eyes of the USA and Israel...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hey oldcorp,

I am still waiting for episode one "The Truth Is Viral: Ask An Astronomer". Its been since April and you are on episode 5 now? Can we have a deadline?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

I was speaking to one of the leaders of a Syrian opposition group via Skype earlier tonight (no I won't say who it is, you'll have to wait for the next episode of The Truth Is Viral) and we were discussing possible Russian involvement should NATO take an overt role in enforcing the no-fly zone, a "Red Line" the Russians have said they will not allow to be crossed.

You haven't seen my show have you? It's a news analysis show featured on the front page of ATS every week. Where have you been?

And dude - no need to advertise - we all get spammed in our u2u box with the alert about your show. The word overexposed comes to mind.
Boo.

No it's not an "advertisement" for the show, which is doing quite nicely by the way. The editors at Voltaire.net had some very kind things to say about it:

Upon recently uncovering information that the "revolution" in Libya was anything but a popular uprising, Bob Powell, host and producer of "The Truth Is Viral" on Above Top Secret decided to share it with his audience in the latest episode of his show.

In an efficiently packaged presentation, he exposes the real reasons behind the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi without leaving any stone unturned, from the CIA trained and equipped al-Qaeda terrorists assisted by Qatari Army soldiers, to the new Libyan Central Bank hastily set up by the "rebels" and the black flag of al-Qaeda flying over the Benghazi courthouse.

After brutally murdering Gaddafi, the "legitimate" government of Libya is now waging a genocide against black Libyans, African guest workers, members of Gadaffi’s tribe, and his supporters.

"You’ll never see this in the Mainstream Media", observes Bob Powell.

Although it may be too late for Libya, it will never be too late for the truth to reach public opinion and efforts such as this should be applauded. ~ Voltaire.net

This is breaking news that can't wait until the next episode comes out next week. I often see news on ATS long before it ever hits the wire (which is one of the reasons I love this site) and this is no exception. Even if I hadn't created this thread, somebody else would tomorrow when it pops up on the morning news shows.

Maybe you guys should just stick to the MSM if you want news that is a day late and a dollar short. Geez, what the hell is wrong with people like you and PrinceofPeace? An ATS exclusive drops in your lap and you bitch about it.

edit on 11/25/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

But with that vid you are 7 months late so....

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The sad part about all of this is there are so many "Call of Duty" braindead youth. These kids brought up on violent video games are out of touch with reality.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Maybe you guys should just stick to the MSM if you want news that is a day late and a dollar short. Geez, what the hell is wrong with people like you and PrinceofPeace? An ATS exclusive drops in your lap and you bitch about it.

Not all of us OldCorp.

I for one,find your threads VERY news worthy,and timely. So do many others.

Keep up the good work,dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Should have realized you wouldn't see anything but ANOTHER opportunity to advertise your show. And how clever of you to say you don't need any advertisement, yet link me to a review of it.

Thanks so much for the tip about getting news from the MSM. I would much rather get my news from someone who tells me they talked to some as yet unidentified people from a Syrian resistance group on Skype. I'm one of those really bothersome pesky members who likes to evaluate the facts presented for myself BEFORE I read all about the conclusions drawn. I know we can be annoying. My bad.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Personally, I really appreciate the heads up before your show airs. I am very interested in hearing more details and if I hadn't read this thread I may not have remembered to tune in. I definitely don't see it as spamming or plugging your show, you are bringing out the best parts of ATS which we could always use more of.

We're lucky to have you here. Thanks for the (alarming) thread.
edit on 25-11-2011 by ladykenzie because: typo

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
Hey oldcorp,

I am still waiting for episode one "The Truth Is Viral: Ask An Astronomer". Its been since April and you are on episode 5 now? Can we have a deadline?

Hi Agarta. You must have missed the memo: OC's Elenin/Nibiru/2012 Mea Culpa

I tried my best, but for the first time in a quarter century as a journalist I failed to bring home the bacon. I still have some ideas along those lines, but I don't know if they will ever come to fruition. I won't ever publish a half-assed story that is long on conjecture and short on facts. I hope you can appreciate that; if not, I don't know what to tell you. Most of the replies in that thread were very understanding and much appreciated, others not so much; but if anyone thinks they can do a better job then I say all the power to them.

I'm sorry that I disappointed everyone that was looking forward to that story.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Hey OldCorp no issues here. I did miss the memo
sorry about that. I was really looking foreword to it, but hey deification occurs I understand the situation, there isn't much to talk about it now huh? If you happen to finish it, throw me a U2U would you please?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join