It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria With "Ship Killers": Missiles Threaten U.S. Navy Carrier

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

aircraft carrier would be good target practice for sure.As for airport in iraq that remains to seen.Persian gulf would be sealed off and oil would 300$ dollar/bbl.

Russia will make good money on western stupidity.

edit on 26-11-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Everyone want in on a little secret? Nobody is going to attack Syria. The situation in Syria is far from what the one that took place in Libya. Syrian rebels hold little to no territory, the army has not started to defect en masse, Syrian military is far more experienced that Libya's, Syria has four times the population of Libya, and most of Syrian territory is calm for now. Even without the supposed shipment of new weapons from Russia, launching an airstrike on Syria is far from an easy and risk-free task. Syrian anti-air defenses are well developed, and have always been operated with the guidance and help of Russian military experts.

US and Europe certainly enjoy pounding their chest right now that they were "successful" in Libya, and are on a bit of a gloating spree. Look out everyone, the great defenders of civil rights, freedom, and democracy are here to save the day! Or not. In end US and NATO only care about their wallets, their PR, and safety - they will never risk loosing a substantial number of air assets and embarrassing themselves in an attack Syria. It is the same with US attacking Iraq and threatening Iran. A war with Iran will be far different from likes of Iraq, and any attacker will bleed hard before achieving anything of value. Any potential conflict involves weighting of the costs and benefits against each other - and democratic ideals and goodwill towards the people are not factors of this formula, they are PR plugs.

So what is going to be the result of this chest beating by the West? Sanctions will be imposed, Syria will be called a bad boy and made to sit in the back row during international symposiums. To save face after all of the warmongering, US and NATO will say "oh look over there its a bird", and everyone will forget Syria and focus on a new topic of interest, which will no doubt involve terrorists, very mean looking villains, and ample referrences to democracy.

Russia may very well be supplying some arms to Syria, but not necessarily because it senses a credible threat. It is willing to capitalize off of the circumstances, and sell some hardware to Syria. It also wants to show other allies and potential allies that it has their back, and will not back down quickly. And finally, assuming that Assad stays (and my bet is that he will), Russia can get increased cooperation with Syria as far as development of its Mediterranean naval bases go.

In case there was ever a real conflict involving Syria, Russia would not take part. But it wouldn't mind an opportunity for Syrians to test out some of Russia's hardware on the opposing side. Ultimately Syria is not a true ally of Russia. It is a useful client and a partner with some benefits. Certainly Russia is strongly opposed to any attack on Syria, but other than supplying modern armament it know that it is not its place to make a stand - but of course that is not what they will say in the international arena.
edit on 26-11-2011 by maloy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

aircraft carrier would be good target practice for sure.As for airport in iraq that remains to seen.Persian gulf would be sealed off and oil would 300$ dollar/bbl.

The oil situation is looking good.

Libya oil is back online.
It's the good stuff. - sweet crude -
Yum.

There is great news in the USA. We found more oil and LOTS of natural gas.
We will be exporting LNG to Europe.

The USA is and always will be an economic superpower and a military superpower.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Yum.

Oil reserves mean absolutely NOTHING in terms of the price of oil. Price of oil is determined by speculation, dominated by the financial/business elite. They control world affairs with determining the price of oil.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yum.

Oil reserves mean absolutely NOTHING in terms of the price of oil. Price of oil is determined by speculation, dominated by the financial/business elite. They control world affairs with determining the price of oil.

Well, the speculators have the power to force the price of oil up and down. However, eventually the
Free Market takes over and finds a stable price level.

The Free Market usually shows up when reports of - gluts - appear.
Supply & Demand

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Shale gas? its costs 3.50$ /mcf to bring to wellhead.Transforming to LNG ,transportation and regasification will lead to breakeven 8-10$/mcf.

As for Libya situation is not as stable as you think.rebels are fighting among each other. And the supply figures can't say its overly optimistic. Like the BP oil spill which has not been controlled and MSM propaganda apparatus stated that its been controlled.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

driven by derivatives rather than supply and demand.
--------
--------
economic-no,military-yes. But we are not worried.Civil defence will be mighty useful in event of thermonuclear war.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Shale gas? its costs 3.50$ /mcf to bring to wellhead.Transforming to LNG ,transportation and regasification will lead to breakeven 8-10$/mcf.

As for Libya situation is not as stable as you think.rebels are fighting among each other. And the supply figures can't say its overly optimistic. Like the BP oil spill which has not been controlled and MSM propaganda apparatus stated that its been controlled.

Oh, don't worry about the USA. We will find healthy profit margins everywhere.
The entire LNG enterprise will create 1,000s of high paying jobs along the way.

Our future is very bright.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Healthy profit margins yes.But the social situation,its ripe for a good civil war.
I am not worried.

In short term yes.long term I won't as shale gas wells deplete very fast.production rate is an issue after 2 years.

Our future is very bright.

sounds like Izvestia in 1989.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Great work as always Bob!

Can't wait for the new episode. Love that you talking to a Syrian insider. Debkafile is reporting increasing amount of defections from the Syria army, I wonder if your source can confirm this? Would we wonderful if the regime collapsed from within and a confrontation could be avoided! This one has the potential to get very ugly.

edit on 26-11-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

the military is more alawites,so I believe Free syria army guy is putting out disinfo.But, there are muslim brotherhood insurgents pouring from the turkish and Lebanese borders.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Healthy profit margins yes.But the social situation,its ripe for a good civil war.
I am not worried.

In short term yes.long term I won't as shale gas wells deplete very fast.production rate is an issue after 2 years.

It's not so bad now.

I think they all went home and ate some good turkey dinners.

Shopping on Friday was booming! HD LED TVs on sale everywhere!
Of course, we also had to buy the BLU-RAY DVD players to plug into the new Sony.

------------------------
The Syria crisis will reach a reasonable conclusion soon. Everybody is watching it.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

good you should remain asleep .Like I said You sound like Izvestia 1989.

Buy tvs and LED's now.Good.Leave the gold ,silver,platinum to Russia,india and china. Thats what we precisely NEED.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

good you should remain asleep .Like I said You sound like Izvestia 1989.

Buy tvs and LED's now.Good.Leave the gold ,silver,platinum to Russia,india and china. Thats what we precisely NEED.

We are not asleep.
We have a secret plan. You are playing right into our hands.

Take a step back and look at the big picture.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

you nor america does.The global elite does and they don't care about you.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

you nor america does.The global elite does and they don't care about you.

Who do you think are the global oligarchs?

I can tell you they are not Russian, Chinese or Indian.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Bluesma

We wouldn't need an aircraft carrier to topple Syria. A military airport in Iraq would be better.

Look how easily Libya folded.

I am making no comment about that as I have no knowledge to base an opinion on. I only intended to respond to the part I did have some knowledge about- the current whereabouts of this particular carrier.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
While those ship killer missiles must be of some sort of concern to those who might be deployed to become targets for them, I would say that if a single one hits a UN vessel, a US vessel, a vessel from the UK, France , Germany , or any of the nations which are coming out in support of the Syrian people, then theres no excuse for that.

We have the technology now to track and destroy missiles well before they get within a mile of a target area, using lazers, or other projectiles. Anything making it through the net of crap that technology makes possible, that we could throw up round any vessel , would only make it to target through inaction, lazyness, or cheapskatedness,rather than by "sheer chance" or because " there is only so much we can do to protect our servicemen... "blather that we get fed by the military talking heads.

At the same time, if theres a snowflakes chance in hell that any action against the Syrian military would result in collateral damage of more than say ten people, total over the course of any engagement of any length from a day to a decade, then it shouldnt be done, and another way MUST be found, even if that way is out and out assasination , which at least has the advantage of only spilling the blood of those who NEED removing when done correctly.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

reply to post by Bluesma

We wouldn't need an aircraft carrier to topple Syria. A military airport in Iraq would be better.

Look how easily Libya folded.

I am making no comment about that as I have no knowledge to base an opinion on. I only intended to respond to the part I did have some knowledge about- the current whereabouts of this particular carrier.

I heard the U.S. Navy is retiring one of our aircraft carriers ahead of schedule due to DOD budget cuts.
They are expensive.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
While those ship killer missiles must be of some sort of concern to those who might be deployed to become targets for them, I would say that if a single one hits a UN vessel, a US vessel, a vessel from the UK, France , Germany , or any of the nations which are coming out in support of the Syrian people, then theres no excuse for that.

We have the technology now to track and destroy missiles well before they get within a mile of a target area, using lazers, or other projectiles. Anything making it through the net of crap that technology makes possible, that we could throw up round any vessel , would only make it to target through inaction, lazyness, or cheapskatedness,rather than by "sheer chance" or because " there is only so much we can do to protect our servicemen... "blather that we get fed by the military talking heads.

At the same time, if theres a snowflakes chance in hell that any action against the Syrian military would result in collateral damage of more than say ten people, total over the course of any engagement of any length from a day to a decade, then it shouldnt be done, and another way MUST be found, even if that way is out and out assasination , which at least has the advantage of only spilling the blood of those who NEED removing when done correctly.

I think Syria has enough problems already.
Attacking a U.S. Navy warship would make the situation even worse.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join