It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria With "Ship Killers": Missiles Threaten U.S. Navy Carrier

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Its obvious US and Russia are fighting over Syria cause of Iran. When Us takes over Syria look out Iran

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

This missile system can be mounted on a truck, fired from fixed installations, or launched from a submarine; it presents a challenge to the U.S.S. George H.W. Bush (CVN-77) which is currently steaming the waters off of Syria in anticipation of the imminent declaration of a no-fly zone designed to cripple the military of Bashar al-Assad's Baathist regime.
In addition to arming the Syrians to the teeth, published reports state that the Russian Navy has sent three warships to the waters off of Syria, the same Area of Operations in which the Bush is operating . While it is unlikely that Russian warships will come into direct conflict with the Bush, the same can not be said for Syria.

It is VERY unlikely that these russian warships will come into direct conflict with the USS George H.W. Bush, as it is NOT near Syria. I was on it last night, in Marseille. They were not docked off of Syria earlier as was reported by the media either. When they leave Marseille, they are going directly home. I chatted with the Rear Admiral Nora Tyson directly.
These false reports make me laugh, but on the other hand, talking with the crew, found that they had also caused a lot of their family members to get very scared and panicked. It seems important that we try to be responsible about what we're spreading.......
(and yes, I have pics if anyone doubts
)

edit on 26-11-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
reply to post by The Vagabond

Hi!

According to STRATFOR, CVN77 is right off the Syrian coast.

www.zerohedge.com...

Turkey has been providing refuge for the FSA, so they are kind of supporting them already.

edit on 11/25/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

They went through that area, days ago, and did not stop. That is a report from the 22nd.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
They went through that area, days ago, and did not stop. That is a report from the 22nd.

And they can't turn around and be back off the coast in two days time? Not to mention the fact that their planes can reach any part of the Med, I'm sorry, but that is not a valid argument.
edit on Sun Nov 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

It is a valid argument to the claim that they are docked off the coast of Syria.
Of course I have no proof for anyone else that they have no intent of going back or of making any attempt to get involved in the Syria situation at all. Only the words of the crew, who are very excited about getting home before Christmas. But Take a look at their Facebook page- they have responded to the rumors circulating, for the family members, confirming that they are going ahead as scheduled and coming home.... there has been no changes.
If I was a wife of one of these pilots, I would really not appreciate this kind of fear mongering!
edit on Sat Nov 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Cassius666
What strategic interest does Russia have in Syria and Iran? Are they major trade partners?

Compare the Middle East/Russia with South America/USA. Why would the Russians want NATO conquering land all around it?

And yes, Russia does trade with them, starting with weapons. They won't be buying Russian weapons when NATO controls them.

What on earth are you on about ?

CONQUERING ?

I don't think you can use that word to dramatise this issue here

Well I most certainly think it is most adequate.

Research the terms "shock doctrine," "neoliberalism," and "Project for a New American Century", and you will see that this is most certainly an invasion of the middle east in order to control their assets.

Ever thought about it like that?

I pay to learn the reality of politics, with my specific field being geopolitics and geostrategy. I think I know what I am talking about compared to armchair warriors on the internet.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Carrier Signal

reply to post by Bluesma

Excellent post, and thanks for providing photographs.

Aircraft carriers are difficult to hide, especially when docked. They are the least stealthy of all naval vessels, they never travel alone, their movements are followed closely by all major powers, and the thousands of crew members aboard them routinely communicate with tens of thousands of friends and family members. They have their own websites, and secrecy is not their strong suit.

You claim the USS George H.W. Bush is in Marseille, and so does the US Navy:

USS George H.W. Bush Visits Marseille, France
CVN 77 Local

Claims to the contrary should be fairly easy to substantiate, if they are accurate.

The presence of a US carrier battle group off the coast of Syria is not something anyone in the area, including Syria, Russia or the US, would benefit from trying to conceal.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Russia is an arms producing nation and as a result, the they sell arms to other nations. Just as the US sells arms to nations such as Taiwan, Russia sells to nations such as Syria.

I think we may be making to much of this

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Oh now isn't that Ironic

Speak for your self

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
If the US is going to enter a game of brinkmanship with the syrians and USSR i guess they would be willing to sacrifice an older carrier in the opening gambit, kind of like losing a pawn in an opening move in a game of chess.
How old is the carrier they have stationed nearest to syria at the moment?.
My guess is if it is anywhere near it's decommissioning date, it will be decommissioned far quicker than expected.

They have to create the moment to get what thye want, think about that, what is it THEY want.
If it is OIL they have enough, nothing will happen. they can wait for it.
If it is the depopulation of the planet under a guise of war, we will have war.
edit on 26-11-2011 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Russia is an arms producing nation and as a result, the they sell arms to other nations. Just as the US sells arms to nations such as Taiwan, Russia sells to nations such as Syria.

I think we may be making to much of this

Now theres a sensible balanced perspective! Russia and US dont give a SNIP about Iran or Syria. Its just business!!
edit on 11/26/2011 by semperfortis because: Profanity

Thanks mod!! Thats what I meant ot type!!
edit on 26-11-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

It was never my intention to question your credentials, and I was in no way implying that your source was not legit. I was merely saying I don't know if I buy it, but that doesn't mean it can't be true. I haven't really listened to or watched any of the shows on ATS.. Frankly I already have some anxiety issues from GA disorder that I already have and to be honest spending to much time on ATS makes me a bit antsy at times, so I tend to take a break here and there.

Examples of past incidents that I have taken breaks due to. North Korea there was a post awhile back that had us on the brink of WW3 because of the ship being sunk by N. Korea. (Nothing came of it) There was a post not so long back during the Egyptian riots that had us on the brink of WW 3 due to Israel attacking Iranian ships traversing the Suez Canal. (Nothing came of that one either). There was a post a few weeks ago about Iran pre-emptively striking Iran's Nuclear program and sparking off WW 3. (Still nothing yet). Now we have Russia and the Missile Defense program and Syria. I have a lot of doubts that anything will come of this either. Syria is a hot issue, but like Libya I feel strongly America will keep out of it. Not entirely but I don't think we will attack anything. As China and Russia correctly pointed out the No Fly Zone over Libya was used as a illegal means to bomb Libya. I have never heard of a No-Fly Zone where ground sites were bombed regularly, and we won't even touch the convoy attack. Yea that one was a real violation of a No Fly Zone

I still for the life of me cannot figure out the mentality that I see with a lot on ATS. My father grew up during the height of the Cold War, lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis, and lived his life in fear of nuclear annihilation on a daily basis. These days he would be turning in his grave watching most of the unfounded omfg we are all going to die mentalities running the world. But back to the point at hand. Sure I get paid crap and I get treated like crap. My job isn't all that great and I do not particularly enjoy it. Sure things are tight and the economy sucks and I don't really see a fix to it anytime soon. I am tired of wondering what I am going to eat the week coming cause rent is due and I haven't had a raise in near 4yrs, but still I love my life and I don't want to lose it. The mentality on ATS that I see from a good number of members is almost the polar opposite. It would seem they are embracing death and waiting for it. I am not even a Christian or religious man at all to be honest, but I still cannot comprehend how anyone can feel that way.

Finally on Ron Paul. I have seen the hype and I have watched it all and read it all. He sounds great and he seems great, but to be blunt so did Obama. I fear that Paul is just another wolf in sheeps clothing fooling the masses into believing he is going to change everything. There were a good many people that were sure Obama was going to change the world...... Did that really happen? Day one of the Obama Administration began lie one of the Obama campaign. "I will not bring the same old Washington into my administration" "Oh by the way have you met these new comers to Washington? Hillary Rodham Clinton and Rahm Emanuel" The only thing Obama has done is pull the wool over the eyes of his collective supporters and they frankly bent over and took it, and some still come back for more.

What America really needs is a death to the two party system. Bring in a candidate that is not a Republican or a Democrat. Watch the Republicans and Democrats scramble over what to do when they realize that America has finally elected someone that isn't part of the 2 party system that has been in effect for far to long. Ditch the Electorial College BS, and show them that the people run America again. It is something that has been forgotten. The only time a Senator brings up "the people" now is as propaganda nothing less. They are to busy playing the politcal game of how do I make the Republican/Democrats lives miserable and help myself get a chance to move up the chain. They don't care about you, me, or anyone else. Only themselves, and it is high time they are reminded of the first line of the Constitution.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by OldCorp

Shut up!

You wore the uniform.

You walked the line.

Take your damned coin and stand straight!

DING!

Not to mention the fact that OldCorp is willing to put his money where his mouth is, put his face and words on the world stage, and tell it like it is where anyone and everyone can hear the truth. That's a hero in my book.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Russia needs to step up. Why do they even have allies if every time one gets attacked they do nothing? Serbia, Iraq, Libya, and now Syria. Will they EVER defend one of their allies? What good is a mutual defense treaty if Russia never helps?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Libya and Iraq did not have mutual defense cooperation with Russia.Serbia ,yes but that traitor Yeltsin was controlled by that zhid berezoky who helped Soros and NATO.

Syria ,well we are watching.

edit on 26-11-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Libya and Iraq did not have mutual defense cooperation with Russia.Serbia ,yes Yeltsin was controlled by that zhid berezoky who helped Soros and NATO.

Syria ,well we are watching.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

All I have to say is love it or leave it. If you like Russia better just move there you will not be missed.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisbking

he will be welcomed.Plus there is 13% tax(USA -40%) there and govt does not hunt you like a dog if you smoke pot.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Russia or USA will not intervene. They will also chat on the phone daily!!!!

And every few days they will have a threesome with China and I dont mean to exercise their loins!!!

In our relatively modern age with our planets history and its current globalisation direction towards a world Gov and a global dollar the mighty 3 + 1 tagging along (India) are not going to break up the control and benefits alliance!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

We wouldn't need an aircraft carrier to topple Syria. A military airport in Iraq would be better.

Look how easily Libya folded.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join