It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria With "Ship Killers": Missiles Threaten U.S. Navy Carrier

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Nice plan but targeting incoming is at the speed of light and the lasers used to punch holes in that incoming is directed and fired at the speed of light. Splash!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Call me a cynic but the basis for this post seems to be straight from Alex Jones;
Russia Arms Syria With Missiles To Defend Against NATO Attack

Prisonplanet has already claimed Russian ships have entered Syrian waters (which was false). Some of his other claims are looking just as dubious, like his Russian 'ship killer' missiles. (and I think the Russians know perfectly well our CIWS/Phalanx weapons platform can chew up any missile they care to launch at it).

Another thing, it seems a lot of people over-react to the idea that we have an aircraft carrier there. Fact is, the 6th fleet is ALWAYS present in that region, aircraft carriers rotate in and out of the Med., and while a carrier may carry out air strikes it's far more likely the air strikes would come from a NATO base in the region.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

The Infowars story has to do with S-300 anti-air missiles. These are completely different. AJ needs to catch up.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by OldCorp

Shut up!

You wore the uniform.

You walked the line.

Take your damned coin and stand straight!

SIR! AYE AYE SIR!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5309e3258d5.gif[/atsimg]

Well, My CiC is calling me for leftover turkey dinner. I'll be back later.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
No I am not saying Israel has better technology because my tax dollars pay for both US and Israeli military technology.

What I am saying is that Israel prides itself as having good technology, leadership and tactics and they still got nailed.

I was sure that the invasion of Iraq would be a mess but I did not dream that we would lose so many men and be so vulnerable to attack on vehicles.

This a quote from Wiki - okay not the greatest source but probably not too far off if off at all.

In total, 50 Merkava tanks (predominantly Merkava IIs and IIIs) were damaged, eight of which remained serviceable on the battlefield. Two Merkava Mark IVs were damaged beyond repair, one by powerful IEDs, and another, it is believed, by Russian AT-14 'Kornet' missiles.

Merkava tank is not invincible

Israeli totally underestimated how vulnerable their tanks were. Is the Congress and military making the same mistakes with US ships?

The more general point is that if people think that a carrier can not be hit they are wrong.

Even if nothing as dramatic as a carrier strike occurs many smaller but tragic things can happen.

I am totally against an attack against Iran or Syria because we have no business there at all and it is just plain immoral to attack and kill people.

We can not be sucked into fighting another war for Israel.

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by BRAVO949If an Israeli ship can be nailed by a missile an American ship can be nailed as well.

Are you suggesting that Israel has better Naval defense, weapons and technology than the USA? Or to say the least, equal? Because they don't my friend. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I ussually don't watch the Truth is Viral. But this is definetely an episode I will be sure not to miss.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

CVN-77 is supposed to be in Marseille and Turkey says they will not intervene nor create conditions that allow others to intervene. The Free Syrian Army might want Turkey to get involved, and the US might think that would be convenient, but I wouldn't hold my breath or spend a lot of money on missiles.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Gah - no offense to the OP but this fear mongering. Russia in no way shape or form will get involved in a war against the United States. Especially over a third world country like Syria. Just as Iran backed down from their Sabre Ratting before we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. They learned from the Reagan era that despite our current economic situation, we can and WILL revert back to an industrialized nation and once again begin an arms race - a race which they cannot afford. The US Military industrial complex is not to be trifled with.

If the Russians choose to engage the United States in a full scale war their fragile economy would collapse - and do you really think China will back Russia in a war with the United States? If you do, your misinformed. China has nothing in mind but prosperity - the LAST thing they want is war. If they back Russia they can kiss all that profit and debt from the United States goodbye as we will most assuredly place embargos against ALL Chinese imports and simply erase our debt.

So that leaves you with a geopolitical situation of Russia and a couple third world countries talking smack about NATO and the United States or collectively "The West". More sabre rattling.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

If the Turks and Syrian rebels get slaughtered (likely) what will the next U.S. and NATO moves be?

By design, and according to plans....

Iran and Syria are traps for the USA, a quagmire we should not step into.... There is nothing to win, and everything to lose. And I don't mean militarily.

But hey, who am I to say such things?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I was speaking to one of the leaders of a Syrian opposition group via Skype earlier tonight (no I won't say who it is, you'll have to wait for the next episode of The Truth Is Viral) and we were discussing possible Russian involvement should NATO take an overt role in enforcing the no-fly zone, a "Red Line" the Russians have said they will not allow to be crossed.

I looked through the thread and didn't see this mentioned. Have you calculated this into the mix?

Russia Retaliates Against US: Puts Radar Station On Combat Alert
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sounds a bit more than saber rattling to me... If Obama made a speech like this on US TV... well...

And the Kremlin using Youtube as a media for official news casts is very interesting

edit on 25-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Exactly what i was thinking why spend millions on missiles that will ultimately achieve or have no effect what so ever, where talking Syria here, there is no point in them doing anything,

I think its highly likely this story is BS propaganda,

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Been right here on ATS reading all the entertaining drivel thats posted on this site by all the 14 year old video game players and adults who think every news event is the end of the world. Thats where!!

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LOL!!!!! Yeah i was on Skype earlier with mahmoud ahmadinejad and he told me some stuff but im not gonna say it on here.

You haven't seen my show have you? It's a news analysis show featured on the front page of ATS every week. Where have you been?
:
edit on 25-11-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Iran doesnt have S-300 missiles and neither does Syria.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Originally posted by tooo many pills
One word... "Lasers"

www.foxnews.com...

LMFAO!!!! Boy you are brainwashed!!!!!

The cover... Says Vision for 2020 right?

Notice Anything?

Remember Secret Shuttle Mission STS-44?

STS-44 was Space Transportation System (NASA Space Shuttle) mission, launched November 24, 1991. It was a U.S. Department of Defense space mission.

Look Familiar?

So the Vision for 2020 has been orbiting since 1991

I mean just look at the target... talk about 'in your face'

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by derst1988
They are aiming at a engine of a inflatable boat that is barely moving. A missile moves much quicker. In addition, it takes quite a while to make it explode, even with the gasoline running through the engine.

That's just a little public Demo
The good ones have been in service for years..

MTHEL (THEL) - Mobile Tactical High Energy Laser

Navy Laser Weapon System (LaWS) PR Video

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
Gah - no offense to the OP but this fear mongering. Russia in no way shape or form will get involved in a war against the United States. Especially over a third world country like Syria. Just as Iran backed down from their Sabre Ratting before we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. They learned from the Reagan era that despite our current economic situation, we can and WILL revert back to an industrialized nation and once again begin an arms race - a race which they cannot afford. The US Military industrial complex is not to be trifled with.

Nice post my friend. You make some good points, but I think that you underestimate Russia's arrogance, and power.

If the Russians choose to engage the United States in a full scale war their fragile economy would collapse

No it would not. War rises Nations out of economic misery. Well atleast until the outcome. The winner enjoys the economic fruits of victory, while the loser is the one who suffers for years on end because international contractors get to rebuild whatever Nation that was defeated instead of those jobs being given to the citizens of that defeated Country.

But as far as while the war is being waged, both Nations prosper because of the International Bankers playing war games by funding both.

- and do you really think China will back Russia in a war with the United States?

Absolutely I think that they would. Just as they did with their puppet state North Korea when they backed them in their war against us. Red China will never allow, or atleast attempt to never allow, The USA to take over such a vast economic prize as the Natural resources (massive Timber, Oil and minerals) of Russia. Just as the USA will never allow Red China to take back such a vast economic prize as Taiwan (more economically driven).

China has nothing in mind but prosperity - the LAST thing they want is war.

You're gravely mistaken my friend. And like I said before, War and Conquest is prosperity. Just ask the Romans.

If they back Russia they can kiss all that profit and debt from the United States goodbye as we will most assuredly place embargos against ALL Chinese imports and simply erase our debt.

Well, I think that is the international Bankster CarteLs goal and plan for China anyway. Otherwise, if the dollar fails, they will lose their fortunes along with foreign investors and obviously the American populace. That would be catastrophic for the masters of puppets.

So that leaves you with a geopolitical situation of Russia and a couple third world countries talking smack about NATO and the United States or collectively "The West". More sabre rattling.

Actually I believe that it is about survival and the battle for resources now. It's about who is gonna be on top, and who is gonna be a slave to another Nation. That is the black war that has been going on in the middle east and abroad for over 20 years now. If we look at a map of over there, then it's easy to see what The US Military industrial complex has done and continues to accomplish, right or wrong.

I for one go back and forth about these issues. First I want an America First approach where we concern ourselves with The USA and our closest Allies in the West and Pacific. That's why I love Ron Paul. Then, I start thinking Natural Law, and I realize that if we don't fight for resources, China and the rest of them will end up controlling it all and then we will end up being slaves. Or, maybe even lose a war because of our lack of bases, mobilization or presence in whatever area.

My feelings about it all changes all the time, It's a head game really. We simply cannot allow the Chinese to take over this planet if we want to rule oursleves (America), and still be free. Which we don't anyway, the International Bankers do. I don't believe that we would get such kindeness (if you want to call it that) from Red China, nor would the World for that matter. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A little levity in the doom and gloom... If the Syrians use a Russian missile on the US ship now patrolling the med in anticipation of an impending no-fly zone, would that be the second coming of the Burning Bush? And when it sinks to the bottom, would the crab infestation be better?

Sorry, I just had to...

It is a serious situation but ya' know, it's all played out for the masses by the PTB anyway ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/25.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by OldCorp

I was speaking to one of the leaders of a Syrian opposition group via Skype earlier tonight (no I won't say who it is, you'll have to wait for the next episode of The Truth Is Viral)

Forgive me for stating the obvious but you just admitted to associating with a terrorist in an open chat forum.

I'm not surprised if this news is true though. It would make sense for Russia to arm Syria with various weapon systems to help protect their interests in the region, especially with certain countries playing their usual role as he regional bully.

I'm stuck waiting until the next episode of your show to get the remainder of the details about your terrorist friend you're chatting with on Skype. I hope an alphabet agency doesn't kick your door down before that

ROTFLMAO!

He's not a terrorist. He's a legit dude, and a very gracious individual, living in the West after having fled Syria with his family fearing for their lives.

Was he living in Langley, Virginia (down the street from CIA HQ) alongside the NTC leader that replaced the former rebel commander in Libya when it was exposed that he was, in fact, an insurgent that Western countries were fighting against in Afghanistan?

Remember, "terrorist" is a subjective term. You can see him as a stand up guy, but if he's a commander of an insurgent army that attacks the Syrian government in an attempt to distabilize Syria, then he sure is considered a terrorist to them.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Personally this is awesome news. Iran and Syria will stick together with Russia providing at-least some support and hopefully more. China's future will be that of green technology and probably lead us into the next Era. They will not require the use of anything we provide them, esp cash. And you'd better be afraid if India gets involved. I don't care how many marines you got, no way in hell could the Unites States occupy Russia, China, or India. Try Iran. I dare us into oblivion.

I hope this goes further, I hope they take it to Israel.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So they have little versions of this as hand held lasers yet? Interesting technology, I guess they managed to discover/get things they were not mature enough to use yet for the benefit of mankind.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What strategic interest does Russia have in Syria and Iran? Are they major trade partners?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join