It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot guards to patrol South Korean prisons (Testing grounds before deployment to a suburb near you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

ROBOT guards with sensors to detect abnormal behaviour will soon begin patrolling South Korean prisons to ease the burden on their human counterparts, researchers said overnight. A group of scientists has developed the robot warders under a one billion won ($850,000) project organised by the Ministry of Knowledge Economy. The robots -- five feet (1.5m) high and running on four wheels -- will mostly be used at night. Read more: www.news.com.au...
Source

After reading the article which does not suggest it will be deployed yet into our schools, homes, play-stations. It got me thinking surely these would be in airports and other areas.

How long before this becomes a norm in modern society to be flagged a risk based on parameters recorded by a robot. As a thought experiment I thought I would present the idea. Enjoy

The robots -- five feet (1.5m) high and running on four wheels -- will mostly be used at night. Read more: www.news.com.au...

edit on 24-11-2011 by Shirak because: gnilleps

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A suburb near me is FAR away from a south korean prison? I think

Second line.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is dumb and pointless. Technology is great but things such as prisons need to be manned by human correctional staff.

There has been an increase in assaults on correctional staff here in the US lately. Not because inmates are more violent but because they replaced the armed tower guards with cameras that don't do jack to prevent an assault or an escape attempt. Some prisons have done away with towers and perimeter fences completely.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
EMP.

Its like robot AIDS.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
EMP.

Its like robot AIDS.

So you set off the EMP and *BOOM* 30 years later the robot dies of cancer? Neat. If I was a prison guard in South Korea I'd be worried about job security. (not really)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is what we have come to..
Humans become lazier by the day

new topics

top topics

join