It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 - most Americans don`t know what/where Syria is.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

That bloody state must be Texas, Southern Texas

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
Yeah, all you Europeans are sooo much smarter than we are. Even though your entire continent fits inside the US a few times you think we should all care where a bunch of two bit crap boxes that call themselves countries are. We should all give a flying crap who leads these stone-age sandboxes, and all of us are armed to the teeth to deal with them.

The truth is nobody outside the USA means anything to us. We're too worried about the crap going on right in front of our noses here. And we mean it.

In charge of national security myself, I wouldn't put a boot on the ground I could put a missile instead.

Hey dummy, the video posted is from Australian TV show the Chasers War on Everything.

You're evidence of the premise of that video, unfortunately. Can't even differentiate between an Australian and a European

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jondave

QLD, Australia

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

most Americans don`t know what/where Syria is

Right next to Ubek-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan. I think we have military bases there. We'll get to bombing them just as soon as we finish Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, and Yemen.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Kentucky fried chicken is all I know lol

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Syria is a country in the middle easy next door to Israel that hates Israel so you can mark one off your list.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

You're right that was a terrible movie. I'm not sure how they even got the funding to make it

Isnt syria east of albania and north of tasmania? Or am I too american to be able to comprehend it's location?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If America is filled with the dumbest people yet were the only superpower does that mean every other country is filled with complete morons?

Think about it! Its like losing a sprint run and then calling the first place runner slow...........ok and that would make you what exactly?????????

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yeah, all you Europeans are sooo much smarter than we are. Even though your entire continent fits inside the US a few times you think we should all care where a bunch of two bit crap boxes that call themselves countries are. We should all give a flying crap who leads these stone-age sandboxes, and all of us are armed to the teeth to deal with them.

The truth is nobody outside the USA means anything to us. We're too worried about the crap going on right in front of our noses here. And we mean it.

In charge of national security myself, I wouldn't put a boot on the ground I could put a missile instead.

Who cares what fits inside what? Canada has more land mass than the USA, and being Canadian I have NEVER heard anyone say such a simple minded thing in my life. I mean size has little to no revelance what so ever. If you were in charge of national secuirty you wouldnt do a thing you wanted, you would have been bought and paid for long ago, wether you like to admit it or not.

But kudos to the old dude near the end with the masonic order thing, smartest American in the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg

WW3 - most Americans don`t know what/where Syria is.,

As tension mounts surrounding the issue of Syria it is ironic that most Americans don`t know what/where Syria is

It's Ironic that most people trying to forewarn other people about the beginning of WWIII are incapable of recognizing that GLOBAL = WORLD.

"Global War On Terror" Began 10+ years ago. Global = World.

Americans are unaware of many things, but America still has a higher national average IQ than Europe's average IQ. But, the place where it is legal to smoke marijuana has a higher average IQ than America.

Legally impaired (aka legally retarded) is an IQ of 70 and below.
The genius range IQ is 140 and above.
America's national average IQ is 98.
70 or 140. Which is 98 a lot closer to?
One source for these statistics

☠Them Deadliest - The Middle East☠

I'm just sharing some thoughts.
Have a good week,
ILikeStars

I'm going to go eat some more food....

edit on 24-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The lower middle class is this dumb in any developed country country, including the US, Australia and the UK, France and Germany. And I have lived in all of them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

Originally posted by jondave

QLD, Australia

ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ

edit on 24-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

That is a funny map. I mean, the land mass is comparable but the population of Australia is a little over 22 million right? Add 20 million illegal aliens to the official US population 310 million. In other words, we likely have 15 times the idiots of Australia here. Just like we have 15 times the functional population.

Kind of like our little brothers to north with 10% our population. They don't have to spend anything on security. Don't worry lil Canuck, we got it...They're big too though, no doubt about it.
edit on 24-11-2011 by TreadUpon because: Dang spelling during turkey coma.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I found that map highly amusing because it is true for about maybe 80% of the U.S. population. They are more concerned with paying bills, paying off debt, trying to make ends meet, being entertained, or in pursuit of the "American Dream". To care about anything outside of that.

I'm a natural born U.S. citizen, whose an "Army brat" and has been around. If the guy from the video in the OP had asked me any of those questions, I would have gotten them all correct, but of course I would have been edited out, or edited to seem like I didn't know the answer. I think only the Sri Lanka question would have tripped me up for a second.

ETA: What's even more true about that map is the complete omission of Africa.
Oh nothing stands more further than the truth!!! I'd give you two stars for the map, or whoever made it, if I could!!!
edit on 25-11-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Those poor people!Of course they don't show the anyone getting it right.

Germany in the Axis of Evil?

Absolutely correct.I live there and it's the truth.

Nearly five euro for a Guinness that isn't even imported.

Schämt euch,Germania!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS? You really don't realize how stupid that sounds? So you're saying Americans shouldn't give a flying # to learn about the geographical, political and economical history of a country THEY ARE INVADING? The US is occupying more countries in the mid-east then it is not, all for the purpose of economic DESTRUCTION FOR PROFIT, WHICH might I add is WHY they are stone-age sandboxes - as you put it.

The ignorance truly is astonishing. You know, during WWII, the Nazi's steam rolled half of Europe before the alliance stepped in. At least they knew what they were supporting. You dumb #s allow your government to terrorize any country at will, and the worst part is you can't even point it out on a map. So sickening, explain to me why Russia and China shouldn't just nuke the US. It really is no different then the Nazi revolution. Instead "you are worried about local affairs". OH REALLY? because when a plane flies into a building it's "terrorism," but when the states declare no fly zones, build missile bases, and touch down troops to kill and bomb innocent civilians WITHOUT a declaration, that's liberty. YOU MAKE ME #ING SICK TO MY STOMACHE AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

On a side note: Al Qaeda is an organization of insurgents defending THEIR OWN COUNTRY. If china or russia invaded the US without a declaration of war, you would take arms and do the same. SO YES IT'S AN ACTIVE WAR, THAT'S WHAT YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND. They are not terrorists. They are fighting for their own country. I just can't even bare to read any more comments from stupid americans like this. JUST SO BRAINWASHED IT"S RIDICULOUS

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
well duh...we don't know where Syria is..because we only had this map in skool

J/K of course....

lmao love it!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
If America is filled with the dumbest people yet were the only superpower does that mean every other country is filled with complete morons?

Think about it! Its like losing a sprint run and then calling the first place runner slow...........ok and that would make you what exactly?????????

The size of the population drives the economy. I didn't think you needed a high IQ to buy something
There's often a choice to be made such as Super carrier? National healthcare? Super carrier? National healthcare? Lets go super carriers! Same old debate. Alot of countries could afford a massive war machine but prefer to have no cost medical treatment on low cost medication and such instead.

Anyway I don't think Americans are stupid, well no more stupid than anyone else, there is just an unusaully high amount of ignorance to the outside world and alot of assumptions.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

That is a funny map. I mean, the land mass is comparable but the population of Australia is a little over 22 million right? Add 20 million illegal aliens to the official US population 310 million. In other words, we likely have 15 times the idiots of Australia here. Just like we have 15 times the functional population.

Kind of like our little brothers to north with 10% our population. They don't have to spend anything on security. Don't worry lil Canuck, we got it...They're big too though, no doubt about it.
edit on 24-11-2011 by TreadUpon because: Dang spelling during turkey coma.

What's funny about the map? Your post referd to little countries fitting inside the U.S. And while talking about security it's likely a good idea to understand that the other developed countries have a defence force suited to peace time defence. The U.S seems to be on a constant war footing so of course it's going to have a larger defence force. You honestly think that if Canada ( or any developed country) was directly threatend that its defence force would remain at the size it is now?
edit on 25-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Right?! I've driven 14 hours in the same direction and still been in the same state! I'd have had to known 3 languages over there...I'd love to fish the Coral Coast.

Yep it's the same in Australia. Our idea of distance and the European or Brits idea are two very different things. The coastline of my state of Qld is 6973 km long ( and it's not the largest state). How many European countries would you pass through on that trip? .Hypothetically.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join