It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Titanic Destroyed By A German Submarine?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

For all we really know here and now,a hundred years after the sinking and inquiry,edward wilding may have been in the know,a part of the cover up,implanted into the conspiracy to spread lies and spoon feed disinformation to a shocked and gullible public hungry for quick and acceptable answers...

edit on 15-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Who cares? Why discredit Wilding? 12 sq ft open to the sea is 12 sq ft. What did Mathias find in 1996?

Again from your Source

It wasn't until 1996 that ultrasonic probes conducted by Paul Mathias were able to conclusively establish that there was no gash: the damage done was indeed a series of bent plates, split seams and small holes--the total area open to the sea being just a little over 12 square feet.

Can you read that? NO single 12 sq ft hole in the ship, only in your theory. A 12 sq ft hole in a single compartment would not have sunk the ship anyway.

NO sub, NO torpedo damage and NO chance you are correct on this one either.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by roadgravel

Or maybe perhaps the impacting detonation of a german submarine launched torpedo,caused the titanic to suddenly and unexpectedly lose its steering,then sail off course and against a nearby iceberg?

And those sounds supposedly claimed by some passengers and crew to have been caused by the titanics massive boilers exploding,just doesnt hold any water with me...

Because some or all of those passengers and crew were most likely inside the ship and asleep,many hundreds of feet away from the explosion and they most likely never heard a massive bolier exploding before and could not have known for sure thats what they heard...

and the overwhelmingly vast majority of people back then,didnt know what an exploding torpedo sounded like,or even what a torpedo was and chances are,anyone who happened to have been close to the point of impact and explosion,didnt live to tell about what they saw and heard...

This is not my original post, but I have now calmed down from being boiling mad to simply being contemptuous. I challenge you to provide me with a cite - a single solitary cite - that says that passengers heard the sound of an exploding boiler. You won't find any by the way. The boilers were damped down by the heroes of the day, the engine crew. They put the boliers out. There wasn't a boiler explosion.
There was no torpedo. The evidence is very, very, clear.
edit on 15-6-2012 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Or maybe perhaps the impacting detonation of a german submarine launched torpedo,caused the titanic to suddenly and unexpectedly lose its steering,then sail off course and against a nearby iceberg?

And those sounds supposedly claimed by some passengers and crew to have been caused by the titanics massive boilers exploding,just doesnt hold any water with me...

Because some or all of those passengers and crew were most likely inside the ship and asleep,many hundreds of feet away from the explosion and they most likely never heard a massive bolier exploding before and could not have known for sure thats what they heard...

and the overwhelmingly vast majority of people back then,didnt know what an exploding torpedo sounded like,or even what a torpedo was and chances are,anyone who happened to have been close to the point of impact and explosion,didnt live to tell about what they saw and heard...

This is not my original post, but I have now calmed down from being boiling mad to simply being contemptuous. I challenge you to provide me with a cite - a single solitary cite - that says that passengers heard the sound of an exploding boiler.

edit on 17-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

This is not my original post, but I have now calmed down from being boiling mad to simply being contemptuous. I challenge you to provide me with a cite - a single solitary cite - that says that passengers heard the sound of an exploding boiler. You won't find any by the way. The boilers were damped down by the heroes of the day, the engine crew. They put the boliers out. There wasn't a boiler explosion.
There was no torpedo. The evidence is very, very, clear.
edit on 15-6-2012 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)
I said that passengers heard an explosion,or explosions,that they thought,or were told to think,was a boiler,or boilers exploding...

More likely,imo it was actually the sounds of one or more german torpedos detonating against and through the hull of the ship that they heard,while standing far away from those points of impact, hundreds of feet away on the otherside of the ship...

Secret tactical missions,intentionally designed to initiate fear and hate and an unstoppable war mentality among the mainstream sheeple...

More german war mongering and the 75,000,000 or so people slaughtered during world wars one and two, both evil conflicts more or less instigated by germans...

Hundreds Blown From The Titanic By Explosions > wormstedt.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Fredrick Fleet and Reginald Lee would say to this theory

Iceberg right ahead !!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I said that passengers heard explosions that they thought,or were told to think, were a boiler,or boilers exploding,or perhaps it was actually the sounds of one or more german torpedos detonating?

So are you now arguing that the torpedoes were fired at Titanic after it started to sink?

As usual, from your source wormstedt.com

The terror did not begin until the lurch of the vessel showed that it was sinking. then came two explosions,

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

No doubt spoken in adherence of being forced,or bribed,to follow along with a pre-arranged script that was written and rehearsed by the war mongering powers that be,imo...

Or perhaps the impacting detonation of a german submarine launched torpedo,caused the titanic to suddenly and unexpectedly lose its steering,then sail off course and against a nearby iceberg?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Before,during and after,who knows exactly?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

this is a speculative forum, so feel free to speculate

the rest of us will deal in facts

have fun !

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Before,during and after,who knows exactly?

Certainly not you. So now a silent torpedo explosion caused Titanic to suddenly veer off course and impact the iceberg? No sounds were reported by anyone before impacting the iceberg. No explosions reported by anyone before the ship was starting to sink. No 3' x 4' hole in the ship from a torpedo. Why continue this charade?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I said that passengers heard an explosion,or explosions,that they thought,or were told to think,was a boiler,or boilers exploding...

More likely,imo it was actually the sounds of one or more german torpedos detonating against and through the hull of the ship that they heard,while standing far away from those points of impact, hundreds of feet away on the otherside of the ship...

Secret tactical missions,intentionally designed to initiate fear and hate and an unstoppable war mentality among the mainstream sheeple...

More german war mongering and the 75,000,000 or so people slaughtered during world wars one and two, both evil conflicts more or less instigated by germans...

Hundreds Blown From The Titanic By Explosions > wormstedt.com...

Your cite is a newspaper report that talks about the last moments of the Titantic, when it broke in half and then sank, due to the stresses on the hull. There were no explosions by the way. There was no torpedo. Everyone pointed to the giant pointy lump of ice. Your so-called 'terror tactics' were therefore a massive failure, because not one but two exhaustive enquiries said that it was the iceberg. No war mentality therefore.
Why are you bothering when it's so easy to show up your facts as utter rubbish?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by blocula

this is a speculative forum, so feel free to speculate

the rest of us will deal in facts

have fun !
Its up to you and who ever else,deciding wether or not to believe the so called facts that are accumulated by tptb,who edit and write them in a way that ensures they fit into their version of new world order scenarios,who then teach them and spoon feed them to a gullible public hungry for quick and easy to live with answers...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Its up to you and who ever else,deciding wether or not to believe the so called facts accumulated and written by the perpetually lying ptb,who then spoon feed them to a gullible public hungry for quick and easy to live with answers...

I note that once again you have no facts of your own.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yea, that sounds like it could happen......the Titanic was sunk by a U Boat.....that was all white camo......and fired a frozen torpedo that didn't explode....but rather tore into the hull in a grazing fashion.

Oh and that U Boat looked a awful lot like a hunk of Ice as it slowly drifted away making no noise whatsoever.

You might be onto something.

Not for nothing, but wasn't there a guy who dived to the bottom and filmed the wreckage in its entirety not once but twice? How does that fit the current speculation of U Boat? As in no evidence was found that such a thing occurred, rather they could see the hole in the boat where the ice ripped through.

This theory has more holes than the titanic.......wait......
edit on 17-6-2012 by GrandHeretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

They actually just recently mapped every single piece of wreckage, and "rebuilt" the ship in computer models. There was absolutely no sign of torpedo debris or large holes in the hull pieces.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Its up to you and who ever else,deciding wether or not to believe the so called facts that are accumulated by tptb

It's not about TPTB bloc. It's about the FACT that you have no more evidence for your theory than I have for mine that Titanic was sunk by the Excalibur wielding Guenevere after Merlin turned her into a mermaid.

There is absolutely no reason to believe you. Just because you think it could have happened in NO way means it did happen. What is so hard to understand about that?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

Not for nothing, but wasn't there a guy who dived to the bottom and filmed the wreckage in its entirety not once but twice? How does that fit the current speculation of U Boat? As in no evidence was found that such a thing occurred, rather they could see the hole in the boat where the ice ripped through.

This theory has more holes than the titanic...
edit on 17-6-2012 by GrandHeretic because: (no reason given)
By the time anyone actually located the titanics wreck and went down to view it with cameras and their own eyes,so many decades of salt water erosion and metal decay and corrosion had taken their toll,a lot of torpedo detonation evidence that may have been there,would have been forever altered, or lost altogether and what originally started sinking the titanic,was a hole in the hull only a few feet square across, something that a side scraping iceberg could not have done...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

So that would mean that for them to have been hit by a torpedo, they would have had to have been hit by it AFTER they were already sinking. If they were already sinking then they weren't destroyed by a German submarine, they were destroyed by the iceberg that they hit.

It's obvious you have no idea how metal fatigue, or improper mixing of steel works. Steel weakens quite a bit when immersed in extremely cold water. Steel that has too many impurities in it is already weaker than it should be. Put the two together, and you have steel that is weak enough to be damaged by an iceberg the way the Titanic was.
edit on 6/17/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Were the titanics designers expecting the ship to be setting sail upon warm tropical waters,in the northern atlantic? no and so surely their at the time,state of the art designs,accounted for steel effected by cold water...

The passenger liner Titanic,with a length of 882 feet,sank on April-14th 1912 with 1,503 lives lost...

The passenger liner Lusitania,which entered service in 1907 and had a length of 787 feet,was sunk by a single torpedo launched from a German U-boat on May 7th 1915 with 1,198 lives lost...

Hmmmm? anyone else noticing any extraordinary similarities between those two tragic events?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If it was JUST the cold water, then she COULD have survived the impact. I said it was the COMBINATION of substandard steel (too much carbon) and the extreme cold in the water. If it had one or the other, then she may have either stayed afloat longer, or not suffered as much damage, and made it to New York. As it was the combination of those two factors ensured her destruction.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join