It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxidermied Hamsters for Sale Bizzare Craigslist Add,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I was surfing on craigslist and ran across this add...I had to share...

Taxidermied hamsters for sale

I have a family of taxidemied hamsters for sale. They are perfect for the kid who wants a hamster but you know damn well won't take care of them. Just buy a cage, pose them in it and tell the kids to enjoy. If the kids ask why they aren't moving just explain to them that happy hamsters keep still. These hamsters were originally bought with love and taken care of very well. Then, as is usually the case with my little ba**** kid, he lost interest and kept forgetting to feed them. One by one they dropped off. I couldn't bear to flush these cute things down the toilet so I bought a taxidermy kit and stuffed them. The best part about these guys is that they won't soil the cage or cost anything in food! They'll just give hours of pleasure like live hamsters. Call or e-mail me with an offer so that you can begin your new life as a hamster owner! [number deleted]

Thanks,
Joe "Buzzy"

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1127138244

www.craigslist.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Suuuure that's how they died, buddy. Used Hamsters should always be suspect.

I'm sorry. S&F for the pain I've caused here.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Greetings Gut.

I must admit I had to think about whether to post it...but, I see everything in my mind as photos when I'm reading, and I couldn't get past seeing a little pappa hamster, sitting in a little rocker , in a pin striped suit reading a newspaper. While mamma hamster was stirring a teeny weeny pot of barley porridge, pink curlers on her itty bitty head, in front of a little stove. Of course, there were twin hamsterettes, boy and a girl, playing scrabble at the kitchen table.

No, I don't think I'm strange at all. Just wish you could have seen the picture too. Then the whole ad would have made perfect sense to you

edit on 24-11-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Argh. What kind of idiot would post something like that on craigslist!? Now, you know it's a joke and meant to get a rise out of people but those people need to seriously get their head examined. They are the ones that laugh while people shave stray cats and hit ferrets around with baseball bats (true story)
Their was a massive man hunt locally looking for a person that tourtured and mutilated a young cat, $10,000 reward. Well, a 10 year old child called the MSPCA investigating and turned out to be a 12 year old boy who did it...what do you do and say in this case? I felt no sympathy toward him, unlike others. Kid got off with counseling, yay for him... grrrr

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Oh but what a fine picture you paint, Destinyone.

And it would have been an ATS faux pas not to have shared this furry little gem.

I think an action shot suspended in an exercise wheel would be taxidermy gold--a wonderfully metaphoric image of the rat race of life--but yeah, some Rockwell-style Hamstericana is pretty cute.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by moondancer811

I have zero sympathy for anyone who tortures helpless animals. I did indeed know it was a joke ad on craiglist.

I'm of the school that children who torture and main animals have deep psychological problems, some of which can't be fixed with counseling. Sociopaths are known through many case studies, to have tortured and mutilated animals as children. I'm convinced, only a dark mind could go there.

edit on 24-11-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Exactly. This boy is going to grow up to be a sick human. If you only knew what he did. My god.

These people who post this stuff are really not any better. I mean, you and I would never post something so terrible and think it funny. Thanks for posting. Gave me a chance to vent a bit. S&F!

edit on 24-11-2011 by moondancer811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by moondancer811
reply to post by Destinyone

Exactly. This boy is going to grow up to be a sick human. If you only knew what he did. My god.

These people who post this stuff are really not any better. I mean, you and I would never post something so terrible and think it funny. Thanks for posting. Gave me a chance to vent a bit. S&F!

edit on 24-11-2011 by moondancer811 because: (no reason given)

Counseling does squat for sociopaths. Counseling requires that the patient has a conscience, empathy, the capacity to feel remorse. Sociopaths lack all those human emotions. If you ever see a true sociopath projecting what a normal person would interpret as remorse, it's really regret and anger at being caught. Sociopaths tend to be very intelligent people, they don't learn from their mistakes, they just learn to be more covert.

Glad you could vent...we all need to do it sometimes. It's the ones who always hold everything in, that worry me.

new topics

top topics

join