It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inanimate Objects and the Journeys we have with Them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have a favorite gemstone. I have had it since 2009 and it has been in and out of my life.

Take this latest escapade for example. I lost said gemstone 2 months ago. Life goes on. Then about a week ago, I simply could not find my wallet. I search my room, and during my search I find the missing gemstone. Of course 5 minutes later I also find my wallet. It was almost like my gemstone felt like being found at that exact time and wanted to become a part of my life again.

I was so happy that I found my favorite gemstone that I decided to carry it around with me in my back pocket. At the end of the day I check my back pocket and it is gone. I had been out all day so I was like damn it must have fell out of my pocket. I was very upset that I lost it again. I check all my pockets of all my clothes and cannot find it.

A few days after that, I do a load of laundry, and then put it in the dryer. An hour passes by and I decide to go check on my laundry. I open the dryer door, and there it is, my gemstone. It was actually perched on the inner ledge, as if it had climbed up there. I grab it and it is warm to the touch.

All of a sudden it made sense. My gemstone felt like being cleansed and purified, so it decided to hitch a ride through the washer and dryer.

I am staring at my gemstone friend right now, and it is smiling at me.

I believe that inanimate objects can sync up with its owner and gain a life of its own. Think of an object that has accompanied you on your many adventures through life. It could even be your cell phone. Imagine how many experiences you have been through with it. Over time, it is like it becomes a friend.

Also think of a favorite stuffed animal or blankie from childhood. If you think of all of the time spent with it, it is almost like a small portion of yourself infuses with said object. I remember I felt sad when I had to finally part ways with my favorite blankie.

Anyway, just felt like sharing my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is called entrainment. Crystals can be effected by emotions. I did the experiment you can to here is how.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This reminds me of a recent chevy commercial. I will try and find it....

found it. tough one to find...

I think it applies to what you are trying to say

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i have this with a guitar pick. not as deep though.
one time when i was meditating, i got up, and this guitar pick was laying on my bed, and i had never seen it before in my life. so naturally i was confused, i asked my mom about it. she had no idea.
so i just used it like a regular guitar pick. then i noticed, id lose it for a week or so, then find it in the randomest of places. then, i dont know what made me decide to, but i carved a rune for protection into it.
ive currently lost it. lol. but im sure it will turn up in a few days.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The thing I like about inanimate objects is that they are inanimate. They stay where they are. Of course, sometimes you forget where they are but that's not their fault.

The inanimate object that I've had the longest is a belt buckle (I forgot where the other ones are). I've had it for 41 years. I really like it. It makes a really good bottle opener but I get strange looks when I unbuckle my pants to open a beer.
edit on 11/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It makes a really good bottle opener but I get strange looks when I unbuckle my pants to open a beer.

That's so funny mate

new topics

top topics

join