It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What thanksgiving is really about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Occupy movements nationwide celebrate holiday

I know many have said they cant wait for thanksgiving or xmas for when all these protestors will be at home in their parents warm houses...

Most Americans spent Thanksgiving snug inside homes with families and football. Others used the holiday to give thanks alongside strangers at outdoor Occupy encampments, serving turkey or donating their time in solidarity with the anti-Wall Street movement that has gripped a nation consumed by economic despair.

In San Francisco, hundreds of campers at Justin Herman Plaza in the heart of the financial district prepared turkey dinners that were handed out by volunteers, church charities and supporters of the movement against social and economic inequality.

Across the bay in Oakland, where protesters and police previously clashed when an Occupy encampment was broken up, occupiers enjoyed a Thanksgiving feast outside City Hall with music and activist speakers, including Clyde Bellecourt, co-founder of the Minnesota-based American Indian Movement.

And in New York, Occupy organizers distributed Thanksgiving meals at Zuccotti Park, where the protest movement began on Sept. 17 before spreading nationwide. Protesters were evicted from the park on Nov. 15.

the article goes into other protests across the U.S. but I think the quote above shows the true point of thanksgiving people coming together as many of us do for homeless and hungry on thanksgiving a true reason to give thanks and celebrate our freedom.

the quote says where Oakland protestors previously clashed wth...

now think about what these peaceful thanksgiving protests are missing...

edit on 11/24/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanksgiving is the day where we can all get a bit of a break from Americans here on the internet, because they're all too busy eating yummy food and remembering why their "thankful"

God bless America!

Rev

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
Thanksgiving is the day where we can all get a bit of a break from Americans here on the internet, because they're all too busy eating yummy food and remembering why their "thankful"

God bless America!

Rev

ROFL a much needed break indeed!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Aye.
I like "quiet" days on the sites I visit. I've also noticed a lot less name calling today, which is always nice.

Rev

new topics

top topics

join