It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why A Leaderless movement was required

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
these are the opinions of a person who does not speak on behalf of anyone other than myself.
i only speek for myself and do not represent OWS, OCCUPY, or Anonomous

this is why I beleive that a leaderless system was required,
when people get into politics it is usually because they want to make a positive impact on there country,
or they want to enrichen themsleves from the corruption of politicians.

i have seen time and time again representitives "sell out" to money and for power.

when all have elected a single representitive and they sell you out you have to wait to vote them out.
leaders can be subverted, bribed and co opted and this means that you are no longer represented.

when big money wants to, they buy complicite politicians there is no shortage of money and politicians they can control with offers of jobs and gifts.

when a group of people are all the leaders they cannot all be bought or paid for,
imagine trying to buy OWS

in the early stages to have a leader is certain to bring attacks on the leader and also attempts to bribe or coerse or intimidate or even kill that leader.

when EVERYONE is a leader there is no way to subvert the movement.

so how do things get done in this novel environment of we are all leaders.
what happens is every one is good at different things,
people do what needs doing,
ideas spread because all can speak and decide what happens and what should be done for the GOOD of all

the fact that there has never been a leaderless movement in history,
also means that such a group has never been subverted.
the usual methods employed to subvert are useless because you cant buy the whole movement.

some critics say how can a leaderless movement achive anything at all.

well some people know computers, some people know law, some people cook some reasurch and some sing
some educate others to their point of view.

when the people decide to achive something, they self assemble, self orginize and each person goes and does what they can to achive the stated goals

this co operation between people, each doing what they can to help the cause,
creates a self orginizing system.

this system of working for each other as equals is the leader.
the co operation between each person is the leader,
this self orginization is the leader,

the i want to help is the leader,

it is the co operation of the individuals the constitutes "the leader"

so really these occupations are leaders
THE WHOLE

not a single individual who can be sold

this is why there is very little chance of subversion

what is being done has never been tryed before so there are always going to be questions

the leader IS the movement

xploder

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Careful with your logic here, you'll probably be flamed or something, or perhaps trolled.
But that is exactly how i see it too.

Here is a clue:
Do -not- believe -anything- a public face tells you. Ever. Make your own decisions and choices based on your own senses, and your own mind. Not something that is chewed up and regurgitated for your viewing.

S&F

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

you only have to look at the corruption

to realize that bribbery and corruption is the norm

with no leader how can the normal subversion and corruption work
lol

xploder
edit on 24-11-2011 by XPLodER because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yeah i know, Haha
I've been saying this exact same thing since OWS began, and people were on with the George Soros thing.

Grasping at straws.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

i read the white paper from the pentagon on how to remove public support for wiki leaks,
the main point was if they linked wiki to soros that people would not trust them any more,

i find it odd that media trys to link soros to OWS

S.O.P

xploder

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Power corrupts absolutely, and if Americans were serious about wanting to end this kind of garbage, we'd all be demanding that corruption be met with a swift and permanent punishment for the perps: DEATH.

You want to use your position in congress to create laws that create profits for private companies at the expense of the taxpayer? You want to use your position to profit financially while screwing over your constituents? You should forfeit your life in exchange. I think it's quite fair really.

Otherwise, we need to stop putting our hopes in "leaders", especially ones that receive HJs from Goldman Sachs and its affiliates.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
We, as in -EVERY LAST ONE OF US- is capable of leading, and is capable of making decisions for the betterment of themselves and for the community, and if allowed, even the entire world. If money were ripped out of politics and it was a Volunteer position, or perhaps getting paid the median wage of amerca, which is something like, 45,000 i think.

Same with Canada, I want it done here. I want revolving door politics out of the equation. If your a politician, you cannot take bribes, any extra money earned will be questioned. you -cannot- work at a globalist corporation, then get a job in government regulating that company (which happens).

The only decision we make, is who we elect. Anything else is fair game to them, they know they can walk all over us, take our jobs, de-regulate what should be regulated, regulating what shouldn't be regulated. Stupid laws that benefit no one but a select few.

I can go on, and on, and on my friend. I am so passionate for change that when i talk about it (actually talk), i get shivers, i forget to breath, and i end up twitching a little bit, (haha), only because i forget to breath, because im rattling off information that i have gathered myself over the last year.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

if you wish to remove corruption from canda,

invetigate and find out what laws were passed that would have a very large impact on an industry,
then look for large bets on the stock of companies that would benifit from the passage of corperate freindly laws for that industry.

show that before the bills were passed by legislators, they were bying stocks in advance.
then find recordings of that politican "fighting" against the bill while earning money if the bill passes.

people HATE to see their politicans "ACTING" as if they are on their side while betting for the other side.

this can and has been done in america,
is underway in new zealand
and is being tested in other countries

the trick is these corrupt politicains never thought they would get caught and started to get blatent with their greedy actions

now it is up to the people to be outraged and force change in the behaviour of their politicains,

this will provide motivation and public out cry,
and the politicians will pass reforms to try to apease the people

then you bring bills to be passed from the public in the public interest.

then people see hey it can be done.

use their greed to show people their public face is an act
in politics this is a career suacide

try it

xploder

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They are a big target. take out the leader.
and the rest will only last for so long!

some can be said for the ones who inspire them
or pull them together in any way.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

its too late to stop it now,
you cant stop an idea whos time has come,

if offereing advise is something that makes me a target so be it.
KIA KAHA
piece and light

xploder
edit on 24-11-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Leaderless movement = deniability.

Leaderless movement = zero accountability.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
Leaderless movement = deniability.

Leaderless movement = zero accountability.

like the leaders incongress how about deniability?

how about wall street crimes how about zero accountability?

how about too many people to currupt? think about that

xploder

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

So the fix to a good, albeit, broken system is a system flawed by design?

Only makes sense when I follow my screen name

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by XPLodER

So the fix to a good, albeit, broken system is a system flawed by design?

Only makes sense when I follow my screen name

i just googled your name and found you have accounts on far too many different sites to be able to considered "normal"

you have accounts all over the place and i wounder why do you belong to so many different sites that blog?

this behaviour is suspect

if you know why and how a system is broken you take steps to ensure the same mistakes are not carried over.

i think you know what i am implying?

xploder

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sorry only skimmed the OP, but the reason we have figure heads is because its a hell of a lot easier to listen to one unifying voice than the rabble of an angry mob.
edit on 11/24/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
Sorry only skimmed the OP, but the reason we have figure heads is its because its a hell of a lot easier to listen to one unifying voice than the rabble of an angry mob.

you would rather listen to one bought out corrupt leader,
than a rabble? wtf

wait untill the legislation is written and compair that to what congress currently writes

sheeh

xp

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Hey man, not disagreeing just calling them as how I see them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Just look at successful protesting,to see what can be done,with strong leadership...................

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi . 2 October 1869 – 30 January 1948) was the per-eminent political and ideological leader of India during the Indian independence movement. A pioneer of satyagraha, or resistance to tyranny through mass civil disobedience—a philosophy firmly founded upon ahimsa, or total nonviolence—Gandhi led India to independence and inspired movements for civil rights and freedom across the world.Gandhi is often referred to as Mahatma or "Great Soul," an honorific first applied to him by Rabindranath Tagore). In India, he is also called Bapu and officially honored as the Father of the Nation. His birthday, 2 October, is commemorated in India as Gandhi Jayanti, a national holiday, and worldwide as the International Day of Non-Violence.

LINK

Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968) was an American clergyman, activist, and prominent leader in the African-American Civil Rights Movement. He is best known for being an iconic figure in the advancement of civil rights in the United States and around the world, using nonviolent methods following the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi. King has become a national icon in the history of modern American liberalism.

LINK

There are many more.............................

Just imagine what these leaders could have accomplished,if they led OWS.

Having leadership isnt bad at all. And I dare say,would be good for OWS.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why did you feel the need to create a new thread to the other "leaderless" thread you made? Was that thread not going the way you wanted? This is pointless.....

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Why did you feel the need to create a new thread to the other "leaderless" thread you made? Was that thread not going the way you wanted? This is pointless.....

i am adressing some of the miss conceptions born from media bias
i intend to adress each and every critasizm that has been leveled at OWS,
and to keep it very clean and on topic i am authoring seperate theads to allow detailed discussion on each point

xploder

top topics

<<   2 >>

join