It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If all is one, why is there duality?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
you have one car..you sit in it and turn the key, move a lever one way or another, turn a wheel this way or that, and it moves you down the road...
that car has four tires, one transmission, one engine, doors, fuel tank, god only knows how many nuts and bolts...and a number of other parts to it....pistons, spark plugs...and on and on...
many people, myself included don't know just what all makes up my car, or just what part any particular piece plays on moving that car down the road in the direction I want it to go. but, well, thank God, someone has spent the time learning about the many different parts that make up that car and what they do, so they know how to fix the thing when it breaks down!!!

maybe creation is like that also, we chose to break things down into small segments, so we can learn about the individual pieces and their purpose??
the car is still one car, creation is still one creation, god is still one god, but by looking at them in a microscopic way, one little bit at a time, maybe we can learn a little more about the whole, and how it works....
maybe three dimensional living is just a early lesson in a bigger schoolyard on creating!
edit on 25-11-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

Hi Awoken4Ever.

No top without bottom ??
What about inside outside a ribbon ??

If you do a "normal" loop with a ribbon,
similar to a rubber band, you have. . .
an " inside " and an " outside ", right ?

If you do a "Mobius strip"
[ ribbon loop with a half twist in it ]
you do NOT have an interior/exterior !
photobucket.com...
Right ?

Did we "fool" duality ?? B-)

I am a litle off topic, here. B-)
Let's come back to serious talkings.

Blue skies.

edit on 2011/11/25 by C-JEAN because: Explanation.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

Hi Awoken4Ever.

No top without bottom ??
What about inside outside a ribbon ??

If you do a "normal" loop with a ribbon,
similar to a rubber band, you have. . .
an " inside " and an " outside ", right ?

If you do a "Mobius strip"
[ ribbon loop with a half twist in it ]
you do NOT have an interior/exterior !
photobucket.com...
Right ?

Did we "fool" duality ?? B-)

I am a litle off topic, here. B-)
Let's come back to serious talkings.

Blue skies.

edit on 2011/11/25 by C-JEAN because: Explanation.

Hi Jean

but you can't have one side without the other can you? Your photobucket link is not pulling up for me.

Also, while I have you, you mentioned in an earlier thread to check out two links in your signature, one was the Ra, and the other I forgot what you called it, without going back and looking at the moment, doesn't show up in your signature, because it is below the allocated space for signatures. Can you provide the link directly for what you were talking about. I would like to check it out. I have the Ra page open now, but I needed the other one you mentioned in past threads that you said was in your signature. I can go back and find it if you need me to.

Thank you!

Think this is a great thread! Getting lots of things out of it.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

there is no duality,
its all in our brain,
its all in our mind.
we have learnt to create
something and just anything.
we enjoy creating when the time is ticking slow.
our bigger consciousness has taught us that very well.
we have captured it in our memory so well that we still reproduce.
that is what the bigger C has done,
it has created everything that we know.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Because you cant have one thing with out its opposite. You can not know love with out feeling sorrow/pain. You can not have light with out darkness. Ying and Yang

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

It is only the human mind that see 'things' in opposites. The mind works this way. The world is not built in opposites. The mind/language is dual.
However, life is not dual.

What is non duality? What is duality?
youtu.be...
edit on 29-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
"All is one" is misinterpreted to mean that everything is actually the same thing, which couldn't be more blatantly and obviously false - that's your answer.

There is one coin with two opposite sides. They are the same, but they are not the same, and they are only the same, so long as they are joined at the middle. Just as how it is not true that left equals right. Left can only equal right so long as there is a middle. The middle is the one because without it the dualities cannot exist, yet the one would have no distinct traits if it had no duality. So things are both "all" and "not all" at the same time, which when put that way, it is an epistemological error, since being all and not all at the same time violates the Law of Noncontradiction, so that wording is not correct, but it is the most often used terminology because it is very difficult to explain what we can all readily see as the truth; that truth being that duality is two sides of the same coin.

It would actually be more proper to say that all things together make up the one thing, rather than trying to turn that back around and exclaiming that the one thing makes up all things, because although that is true, the terminology used is illogical and improper, since a tiny pebble is obviously not the same thing as the entire universe. If it were, there would not be anything other than the pebble. The proper terminology would be much more like, "all separate things are really made up of measures of one thing, and that one thing is, in its totality the sum of all separate things". So assuming that one thing is Deity, then all the different things which exist are really just pieces or parts of Deity, and the Deity is the sum total of all of those tiny pieces of itself.

If we call Deity energy, then it is the same thing...There is energy here and there is energy there, but the energy itself, in its totality is Deity. If Deity cannot actually be separated where the energy may occupy various places, then the issue is really a lack of proper terminology because we can only understand things from our limited perspective, meaning to us their is duality, but to Deity there is no such thing. Of course, there again you run into a wall of separation between "us" and Deity, making us revisit the reality of duality, and meaning that Oneness is, as I stated at first, UNDEFINABLE without duality.
edit on 11/29/2011 by HillbillyHippie1 because: Because I can.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

The middle of left and right is you.
You see from non duality.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
bc one is not what u think it is

all is one mean superior freedom, the one concept of truth being freedom superior value

principally, if smthg is absolutely alone then it cant b unless it has a lot of value, this is the idea of truth in concept being that nothing exist primary bc it was the absolute value, then when that value became constant, so nothing constancy value, constancy was detached from nothing as superior value so true too
then other superior value rised out of constancy value which gave more a hint of truth as a concept constant

u dont see nor give value of any objective fact, there cant b object unless it is present there cant b present out of none unless it is positive, this is existence value as being objective fact, it must b positive always and it is proven that way if we make abstraction of evil powerful force upon it

so what is superior is always objective
but what is true is absolutely superior so not necessarily objective, more positive free like

and here where i can introduce u to truth concept perspective

what is positively free, is nothing to any definition while clearly above all definitions, absolute superiority that is the truth concept ways

positive is principally what is objective value, if positive is free then it is beyond all objective concept value

freedom is principally superior value, from what freedom may surprise anytime, but if freedom is positive then it is beyond the concept of superiority value

so that is the truth, what is positively free is necessarily true, so what exist is what is absolutely superior always

there is no relative existence, no reasons and cause effect links, only what is absolutely superior exist

so relativity is drived from but must b true since absolute superiority condition absolute to b superior and superiority to b absolutely

so positive freedom is truth concept abstraction one, so nothing that might nor should b seen

this is how duality exist, bc what look like negative freedom could b positive true one
what look like positive freedom could b noone present value

it looks like the objective is huge, if any must b true that what could explain this infinite openning to extremes objectives for meaning one absolute truth

like u see the idea of warriors is to justify negative objective freedom being actually positive true one that is active constant alone to destroy inferiority directly for having no right to take advantage of truth and exist

as the idea of natural love is to justify positive objective freedom being actually true one so not limited, active constant alone to value others existence rights which it sees alone and not itself one

now ur example that darkness gives joy to light, i disagree with, it is u or the poet that is being the two same one

then it is a fallacy, on the contrary darkness kills light, while light is a reason of rising superiority that always surprise with what it will come up with fresh free right

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Duality is an illusion which occurs with conscious existence...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
maybe creation is like that also, we chose to break things down into small segments, so we can learn about the individual pieces and their purpose??
the car is still one car, creation is still one creation, god is still one god, but by looking at them in a microscopic way, one little bit at a time, maybe we can learn a little more about the whole, and how it works....
maybe three dimensional living is just a early lesson in a bigger schoolyard on creating!
edit on 25-11-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

It's exactly like that. It's no accident we see things the way we see them and do things the way we do them.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We are creatures with limited perceptual capacities that restricts us to only a few dimensions. On top of that, we *choose* to deny others that we can sense but not in a way that satisfies our "rational" minds.

Our brain is not the seat of knowledge. Understand that and the concept of duality will become much less important and much less of a "reality" in your life, quite simply because it's not true. All is one. Everything that is is one. That is truth. We are ever entangled, not just one to one but One. See the difference? Got it?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyHippie1
since a tiny pebble is obviously not the same thing as the entire universe. If it were, there would not be anything other than the pebble. The proper terminology would be much more like, "all separate things are really made up of measures of one thing, and that one thing is, in its totality the sum of all separate things".

The pebble IS the same as the entire universe. There is no pebble. Just as there is no you or me. There is only universe. Separation is an illusion.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Duality is an illusion which occurs with conscious existence...

I wouldn't say that it is duality that is an illusion. I would say that it is separation.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Duality is an illusion, which is the result of a limited experience of all that is. Open your mind. There's a lot more than you are seeing now and you're seriously mistaken in thinking that that's all there is.

OPEN

YOUR

MIND.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

exactly they refuse the concept of else for the concept of one, so they jump to the best end duels

focusing all else as one hate

they know that else is the answer, but they know also that if u accept the notion of else they u loose ur priviliges in claiming all being one u, since u must give ur one rights to else rights too as one itself

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
If all is one, why is there duality?

Duality is blatantly obvious. Male/female, good/bad, love/hate, etc. Unity, is more subliminal, but when experienced, is surrealy unmistakeable.

I see that all is one. My question is: What causes the appearance of duality?

ETA: Happy Thanksgiving!
edit on 24-11-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

DUALITY is caused by the mind. DUALITY=MIND

Your mind is not your mind.

The mind is a sports commentator telling you that there is a red team and a blue team. You are not the commentator or the comments. You are merely an observer watching the game, there is only the appearance of a red and blue team.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The Father has a wife out from His "rib", Eve, the Universe, the infinite Bride.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyHippie1
"All is one" is misinterpreted to mean that everything is actually the same thing, which couldn't be more blatantly and obviously false - that's your answer.

There is one coin with two opposite sides. They are the same, but they are not the same, and they are only the same, so long as they are joined at the middle. Just as how it is not true that left equals right. Left can only equal right so long as there is a middle. The middle is the one because without it the dualities cannot exist, yet the one would have no distinct traits if it had no duality. So things are both "all" and "not all" at the same time, which when put that way, it is an epistemological error, since being all and not all at the same time violates the Law of Noncontradiction, so that wording is not correct, but it is the most often used terminology because it is very difficult to explain what we can all readily see as the truth; that truth being that duality is two sides of the same coin.

It would actually be more proper to say that all things together make up the one thing, rather than trying to turn that back around and exclaiming that the one thing makes up all things, because although that is true, the terminology used is illogical and improper, since a tiny pebble is obviously not the same thing as the entire universe. If it were, there would not be anything other than the pebble. The proper terminology would be much more like, "all separate things are really made up of measures of one thing, and that one thing is, in its totality the sum of all separate things". So assuming that one thing is Deity, then all the different things which exist are really just pieces or parts of Deity, and the Deity is the sum total of all of those tiny pieces of itself.

If we call Deity energy, then it is the same thing...There is energy here and there is energy there, but the energy itself, in its totality is Deity. If Deity cannot actually be separated where the energy may occupy various places, then the issue is really a lack of proper terminology because we can only understand things from our limited perspective, meaning to us their is duality, but to Deity there is no such thing. Of course, there again you run into a wall of separation between "us" and Deity, making us revisit the reality of duality, and meaning that Oneness is, as I stated at first, UNDEFINABLE without duality.
edit on 11/29/2011 by HillbillyHippie1 because: Because I can.

Plato said in Timaeus that the world was made of 2 things the same, 1 different.

Its like this infinity is between 1 and -1 Which is 0 infinity also is out side of both 1s which always see the other as the negative making them both the same in thought and reason .

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The view is one. The image is one image. What is seen from where you are is one image, like the tv screen is one image, or a photo is one image.
The image is one and then the separation occurs when the one image is split into image and 'me' seeing the image. There is no separate 'me' and image.
The true image, the pure image is God. It is all there is.
Extracted out of this one pure image is 'man', manufactuered out of the image of God.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join