It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If all is one, why is there duality?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

I've read The Law of One several times. I found some contradictions, but I can't help but agree with a lot of what they say.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I believe the answer to the question posed in this thread is as itisnowagain says: Knowledge. The bible also says this.

Therefore, my quest for the answer to this question must be my quest for separation. Crap, I'm out.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If its all one puzzle, why are there different pieces?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

System failure i thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
we do not live in an infinity.

we live in a bounded infinity.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

duality is to allow existence sense being to truth while being else totally, when u do opposites the result objective fact is nothing, while nothing could become true

of course it cant b done on the first place if it wasnt based on an idea in truth

in truth of course there is no duality since it is beyond absolute conceptions, positive superiority always

but in truth we have like two poles, the less and the most where the less is the most and the most the less too, which allow truth conception to b absolutely free superiority right meaning absolute objective free superiority logics end constancy of one truth conception

all freedom and one freedom where it is truly same

but of course since the base is freedom then it is really never the same

the idea is that the more u get down to truth dimension applications the more the possibilities put apart the truth

in higher dimensions possibilities are less and centered around the concept of absolute positive and absolute superiority as two different concepts while both true, in the concept of absolute truth where positive would b the add value to free superiority and superiority the add value to objective positive
where positive could b also superior to objective superiority and free superiority could b more positive present then objective positive constant
so where truth is one concept of positive superiority constancy always

if we get beyond that highest dimensions i guess truth is positive objective end of superior free moves, that lead to one dimension of objective positive superiority where the positive objective is superior to superiority free essences and where the superior free essential moves are more positive then positive objective present

i think that truth is free as it is absolute freedom too so we are like unfortunately left behind

the issue i guess is what we can conceive truth and choose it then we would b superior more then original truth dimension from what we must do it all so our freedom would b proved absolute superior to any before
then truth will b the answer as it is always

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

According to your reply, "God" is not quantifiable, but he/she/it, is instead something metaphysical, existing beyond the realm of our Universe. However, for something to act within our quantifiable universe, it must also exist in a quantifiable state, if only for a moment. So "God," if it touches humans at all, must have a quantifiable state of being. According to quantum physics the entirety of the universe is composed of 12 particles and 4 forces; these building blocks, if you will, form the foundation for the atomic, chemical, and biological signatures which unite all living and non-living matter together, while still allowing for diversity and duality. For "God" to effect this chain of arising, "God" must exist through some quantifiable means.

Further, according to your reply, you know that "God" is not quantifiable. How is it possible to know that there is, or isn't a non-quantifiable being, without quantifying it in some way? To presuppose that "God" exists at all, requires quantifying it. Whether this is done through emotions, reason, thought, probability, etc, the claim that any type of "God" exists requires some type of quantifiable regulation to have any meaning, or purpose in the universe. Simply speaking, if God is not bound by the laws of quantifiable nature, he cannot act in a universe structured around quantifiable things.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

2 sides to every coin.

if you need me i'll uhmm be somewhere else.

edit on 24-11-2011 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

duality is the illusion of all is one.
edit on 24-11-2011 by notonsamepage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
If its all one puzzle, why are there different pieces?

Then it wouldn't be a very good puzzle then would it then? Then also then that question would never need asking then.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
we do not live in an infinity.

we live in a bounded infinity.

Locally perhaps. Globally, then there be no reason to constrain things. Arrr.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Simple answer to that question really, but most will argue it is wrong.

Duality is an Experience on offer Here. The supporting layers for Here (astral awareness levels) also have it in play.. but.. beyond those limited levels of awareness (into soul awareness layers) it does not exist.

So, this tells me it is only a part of the Experience we choose to have in this World... problem there is we make Beliefs about it all from our tiny little perspective and then say it is Truth.. and then argue when anyone supplies an alternative bigger picture perception.

But, that's also part of the experience here at this time... and it will change as more people awaken to their own soul levels of awareness.. well, once they dump all their limited human Beliefs first.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

So, in essence you're saying: we are all unified in an infinitely blissful state of harmony, which we choose to disrupt by being born into an ignorant human state, so that we can live a miserable life all in an attempt to hopefully re-awaken into that state of harmonized infinite bliss. Yes?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
When I was about 11, I saw the movie "Oh God, You Devil!" There was a part in the movie that the little kid was questioning God:

God: [answering Tracys question about why there is so much suffering
in the world] I know this sounds like a cop-out, Tracy, but theres
nothing I can do about pain and suffering. Its built into the
system.
Tracy Richards: Which You invented.
God: Right. But my problem was I could never figure out how to build
anything with just one side to it.
Tracy Richards: One side?
God: You ever see a front without a back?
Tracy Richards: No.
God: A top without a bottom?
God: An up without a down?
God: OK. Then there cant be good without bad, life without death,
pleasure without pain. Thats the way it is. If I take sad away,
happy has to go with it.

It was one of the first memories I have of looking at things differently, and thinking outside the box for the first time. I have spent my life trying to figure out if it was at all possible to have a top without a bottom.

Throughout my life, I have had some, umm, well let's just say outer body experiences. Not sure what else to call it, and some of them have been through actually dying. The experiences I have had damaged me, because I saw things in a way that there is no real way for me to explain because I don't have a vocabulary for it. The best way I can sum it up for you is that everything came from one thing, one central starting point. Almost like we, the planet, the universe, everything, was spun out from one point. Kind of exactly how the big bang works. I didn't experience the physical reality of anything, but had consciousness when it happened. I was able to see everything with my conscious mind, but was completely detached from everything physical. When you are able to detach like that, you can see how man is the same exact thing as woman, and everything was just like an extension of me, except when I am here on this planet, the mind separates itself from everything else and thinks it is a separate entity from all else.

This wasn't a good experience to say the least. In fact, it was quite frightening! What I realized during this, is everything was all one unit, and there wasn't anything else in existence but this one unit. It was a very frightening and "lonely" experience. Then I wondered, if the purpose of consciousness, was to make us feel separate so that we aren't lonely. That we don't realize we, us, me, the whole, is actually just one big blob so to speak. That there isn't anything else out there at all, but us collectively, which is all just part of the one. Maybe me or God, or whatever the big unit is, just creates reality for fun, entertainment, companionship, whatever....mainly to experience.

It really changed my life, and has left me puzzled since. It was a God awful feeling, and something I don't ever want to go back to again. No granted, I am not saying this is the way things are for sure, and I truly hope not. If that was the case, in reality, I am talking to myself and nothing else exists but just an extension of me. I am you, and you are me, and we are all together (Jesus, the Beatles tune just came to my head).

In this plane, you can't have a top without a bottom at all. You can't have good without bad. Therefor, you can't have God without Satan. All this stuff in my head, and my experiences, has left me at a very lonely level very deep in my core. If this is the case, then that is where "you create your own reality" comes from. Then nothing is real at all, including God, you, or even me. Then in reality, it isn't the more people that wake up, or even that anyone else has to wake up, it's just that I have to wake up. I am just afraid when I fully wake up, I am not going to like what I see at all. I have had multiple little wake ups, but I just seem to keep waking up inside another dream! Actually, I should say, I keep waking up inside of another nightmare!! I am wondering how much further this rabbit whole goes, and will it ever stop. Someone once warned me that they can show me to the door, but I am the one that has to open it and step through. They warned me that once you go through, there will be no turning back. I chose the red pill because I thought I can handle it, but now I wish that I had taken the blue one

This is an interesting conversation because I think about this 100 times a day. I tried to explain the mess in my head the best I can, but I am sure that I am still not doing it justice. Many of the things you guys are saying in this thread I have heard a million times, but I still can't seem to grasp all of it.

I know all this sounds whacky of what I am saying, but I just really don't want to find out one day I was right. If so, this is just a cycle that keeps going on, and on, and on...like the big bang, and there isn't anything more to it. Just different experiences

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by Tayesin

So, in essence you're saying: we are all unified in an infinitely blissful state of harmony, which we choose to disrupt by being born into an ignorant human state, so that we can live a miserable life all in an attempt to hopefully re-awaken into that state of harmonized infinite bliss. Yes?

~ Wandering Scribe

No Ws.. not saying anything like that. the basis for your perception is a human one and thus limited.. and all concepts based on it will fall far short of the bigger picture reality.

Harmony, Blissful state..even Miserable Life.. are human concepts based on our limited human perceptions.

We exist only as portions of the Aware and Energetic Universe, and we are the means by which it comes to know itself, just as we come to know ourselves better here through the experiences we have Here.

As souls choosing to enter this world offering experience we do so because we know "the Dream" will be short, we know it offers all Valid Experiences, we know none of it is Evil or Good.. it is only Exerience we can have.. so we do not Judge it as we may while in the human experience.

Things like Miserable Life, Loneliness.. etc, are all States of Mind. and with them as Beliefs, we create the experiences of those things. Most ppeople have as yet not reached the awareness required to see the beauty of all experience offerings here.. we are far from bringing our higher awareness into the low, dense physical experience yet.. well, most haven't yet.

The main aim of our choosing these human experiences apart from the Universe learning about itself from us.. is for us to awaken and become the soul awareness we are.. but while in the flesh of the human body, as this is the next evolution of human kind... the next range of Experience offerings for this world we call Earth.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Duality points to the fact that EVERYTHING was created with a pair. Even the Universe.
We are all one in the sense that We all come from one source.

it's even possible that our universe ie: the firmament, is a reflection of a higher domain ie: the two waters referenced in Gensis (and no I'm not a literalist fundmamentalist creationist).

Which signifies to me that the "Great Work" involves a transmution and the spiritualization of matter, so that the two eventually become one - "thy kingdom come".

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The identification of things as separate. It's psychological.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Shepp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Duality is blatantly obvious. Male/female, good/bad, love/hate, etc. Unity, is more subliminal, but when experienced, is surrealy unmistakeable.

I see that all is one. My question is: What causes the appearance of duality?

ETA: Happy Thanksgiving!
edit on 24-11-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

"all is one" is one part of the duality because "one is all" too so "All is one; One is all" is what sums up the unity of duality
Because nothing is everything, But everything is not nothing. So “THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental.” and for a period of time a little schizo.

so here are a poem and rap for everyones to help in understanding paradox of "the stupid doo doo dumb."

OLBERS’ PARADOX And I heard the learned astronomer whose name was Heinrich Olbers speaking to us across the centuries about how he observed with naked eye how in the sky there were some few stars close up and the further away he looked the more of them there were with infinite numbers of clusters of stars in myriad Milky Ways & myriad nebulae So that from this we can deduce that in the infinite distances there must be a place there must be a place where all is light and that the light from that high place Where all is light simply hasn’t got here yet which is why we still have night But when at last that light arrives when at last it does get here the part of day we now call Night will have a white sky little black dots in it little black holes where once were stars And then in that symbolic so poetic place which will be ours we’ll be our own true shadows and our own illumination on a sunset earth -Lawrence Ferlinghetti

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Unity in diversity.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

No Ws.. not saying anything like that. the basis for your perception is a human one and thus limited.. and all concepts based on it will fall far short of the bigger picture reality.

This is actually an extremely biased, and offensive position for someone to take, when they claim to have insight into a higher state of consciousness. I would have thought, and hoped, that biases and prejudices were no longer a part of that higher state of being. After all, this "I am enlightened and you are not" mentality is certainly an egotistical prejudice. Perhaps I am wrong though.

Harmony, Blissful state..even Miserable Life.. are human concepts based on our limited human perceptions.

This is incorrect. They are terms used by humans to describe actions, and states of nature. Harmony is not a human conception. When two things are placed on a scale, which evenly balance out, then harmony is created. Even if a human were not watching this activity, harmony would still exist between the two equally-weighted objects. A rose by any other name...

The same goes for blissful and miserable states of being. To be in perfect health, and exercising, releases a chemical called endorphin. Endorphin is a stress and pain reducer, bodily morphine essentially. This creates a sensation of joy, comfort, and happiness in a human being. In other words, pleasure, or a taste of bliss.

Counter to this, to have your arm severed off by a machine creates a state of misery, pain, panic, and discomfort in a human being. This is not a "perception" of the mind. It is a very real state of being. Not at all limited to human perceptions, like you suggest. These are states and emotions exhibited by all manner of sentient life.

Whether you're an animal, an insect, a plant, or bacterium you respond to states of misery and pleasure.

We exist only as portions of the Aware and Energetic Universe, and we are the means by which it comes to know itself, just as we come to know ourselves better here through the experiences we have Here.

This I can entirely agree with. Through atomic structure, chemical composition, and biological evolution (the very same things I stated in my original reply to this thread) we are all connected: to the Universe atomically, to the Earth chemically, and to all other life on our planet biologically. I simply have the science to support it, instead of relying on pop-spiritualist metaphysics.

An extremely similar conclusion is reached though; regardless of the roads we take to reach Rome.

As souls choosing to enter this world offering experience we do so because we know "the Dream" will be short, we know it offers all Valid Experiences, we know none of it is Evil or Good.. it is only Exerience we can have.. so we do not Judge it as we may while in the human experience.

Again, I disagree. If we are a in a state of awareness with the entire universe, we wouldn't need to enter into a body to have "experiences." As we've both demonstrated, the universe knows itself through the living creatures populating it. All of the living creatures are composed of the same "life-stuff" as the universe. So, as "souls," or "spirits," or whatever term you choose to use, we can already know all we could experience by being in human incarnation, because the universe and life are made of the same stuff. All substrata of life are also composed of the same universal building blocks.

Unless the last bit I quoted from you above, about us being portions of an aware and energetic universe, was not the truth.

The main aim of our choosing these human experiences apart from the Universe learning about itself from us.. is for us to awaken and become the soul awareness we are

This is exactly what I asked you if you meant.

...we choose to disrupt (the higher state) by being born into an ignorant human state, so that we can live a miserable life all in an attempt to hopefully re-awaken into that state...

You might disagree with "miserable state," or other syntax, but the message is the same. At the start of this reply you said: no, you meant something else... now you're saying yes, that is what I meant... this seems like an internal contradiction in your theory.

I don't know if you're deliberately trying to throw me off; are not consciously aware of the contradiction in your own thinking and thesis; or, are aware, and are just exhibiting the negative spectrum of human spirituality by attempting to mislead people.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 25/11/11 by Wandering Scribe because: correcting some coding

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join