It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the acronymn www engineered by the New World Order to be the numerical equivalent of 666 in Hebr

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There is a new book out which argues that the letters www have the numerical equivalent of six six six once transliterated into Hebrew or Aramaic - which was the original language of the author of the Book of Revelation.
(You can find all the links to the material below at unveilingtheapocalypse.blogspot.com...)

The sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet, the letter waw (also known as vav to Jews of Eastern European descent), has the numerical value of 6, and transliterates into the modern Latin alphabet as the letter w. So the numerical value of the letters www in Hebrew is three sixes – six-six-six. While these letters do not total up to the cardinal number 666 (six hundred and sixty six), they are each individually represented by the number six - which gives us three sixes.

The author states that the use of gematria (the conversion of Hebrew words into numbers) was the primary meaning behind the number 666, and goes on to argue that the primary symbolic value of the number 666 lies in the threefold repetition of sixes, and quotes a prominent Revelation scholar on this fact:

...the triple repetition of sixes connotes the intensification of incompleteness and failure that is summed up in the beast more than anywhere else among fallen humanity. In the Bible the number three signifies completeness, as, for example in the completeness of the Godhead in Rev. 1:4-5, which is parodied by the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet here in ch. 13 (and in 16:13). Therefore, six repeated three times indicates the completeness of sinful incompleteness found in the beast. The beast epitomizes imperfection, while appearing to achieve divine perfection. Three sixes are a parody of the divine trinity of three sevens. That is, though the beast attempts to mimic God, Christ, and the prophetic Spirit of truth (cf.19:10), he falls short of succeeding." (Beale p722)

You can find the above quotes at unveilingtheapocalypse.blogspot.com...

The author goes on to argue that the original meaning of the prophecy of the mark of the beast was based on the Jewish tradition of wearing phylacteries:

It is generally recognized that the "mark" of the Beast described in Rev 13:17 is an antithetical parallelism of the ancient Jewish practice of wearing tefillin (also known as phylacteries). Tefillin are small leather boxes containing pieces of Scripture which are temporarily worn on the arm and forehead during prayer services in accordance with Deut 6:4-8:

“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

This Jewish custom is of great antiquity, and was widely practiced in the 1st century AD. Phylactery cases were among the Dead Sea scroll discoveries at Qumran. As observant Jews, Jesus and the apostles would undoubtedly have kept this tradition themselves.
So the mark of the Beast described in Rev 13:17 is actually a parody of temporarily wearing a small square-shaped box in the hand or forehead, rather than a brand or tattoo.

The author goes on to connect the imagery of Jews wearing phylacteries to people using cell phones in a modern context:

If we transpose this situation to the modern day, this imagery evokes the now ubiquitous use of mobile phones. And if we are to answer the above question as to how www (which is really just an abbreviation for the world wide web or Internet) is worn in the hand, this would provide the perfect answer. According to market analysts, mobile phones are set to replace the use of credit cards as a means of commerce through the integration of near field communications (NFC) technology. It is currently possible to pay for small transactions using NFC technology at various locations throughout the Western world, and there are already plans for this payment method to replace cash by the year 2050

In the author's latest blog post on this subject, he states:

the fact that mobile phones are set to replace the use of the credit card in the not-too-distant future through the use of NFC technology, and that all such sales will be conducted over the worldwide web - www, which in turn is the numerical equivalent of three sixes in Hebrew, all further suggests we are living in the age of the prophecy of the mark of the Beast.

See unveilingtheapocalypse.blogspot.com...

(There is a lot more information, videos and stuff at the above links)

Could the letters www have been deliberately manufactured by the New World Order elite to attempt to bring the prophecy of the mark of the Beast into effect themselves? I remember reading somewhere that the letter G on masons aprons actually stands for Gematria, and masons are well known for using codes and the Hebrew language.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Nope. WWW stands for "world wide web" which is referring to the massive interconnected network we call the internet.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You're both right. The term "World Wide Web" is an act of misdirection to get your conscious away from the 666 connection.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure if WWW translates into 666, but even if it did.
I don't think it was intentional. The number 666 would be implemented in a totally different way. IMO.
What good would it do anyway?
If it isn't implemented by the Devil, it doesn't mean much.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the New Testament was written first in Greek and Latin, not Hebrew or Aramaic. Remember, it was Saul (Paul) a Roman citizen who created Christianity out of a Jewish Messianic sect. I love conspiracy theories, but sorrry OP, this one falls flat.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The book may be new but the idea is not.... I first heard it in a church visiting my parents 12 or 15 years ago. Then is was translate to Latin and Greek the to Hebrew or the other way around WWW means 666 ah oh my god the internet is the devil...

do some research into it i bet you can find about 15 ways people say to get the same thing.

My take on it? people see what they want to see.
edit on 24-11-2011 by DisIllusioned PatRiot because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

The Hebrew and Greek alphabet does not have separate characters or alphabets for numbers and letters. Letters are also used as numbers. So each letter is a numerical value. The Hebrew equivalent of our "w" is the letter "vav" or "waw". The numerical value of vav is 6. So the English "www" transliterated into Hebrew is "vav vav vav", which numerically is 666.

EDIT: Not that i believe this BS... Hail Satan. SHEMHAMFORASH.
edit on 24/11/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Assuming you are right, what exactly is it gonna do, unless giving jews who have a grasb of hewbrew a chuckle each time they surf the web?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The World Wide Web was created by Robert Cailliau a Belgian fortran programer and scientist with CERN. looking at his biography i doubt he was part of the NWO or knows a very much about gematria

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by doulos33

www in Jewish Gematria Equals: 2700 ( w 900 w 900 w 900 )

On the other hand, Carbon has six electrons, six neutrons and six protons. It is the mark of mankind. It is the preferred trading system for the New World Order and will likely replace money to "Save the Environment."

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think the internet is the image of the beast. Some people are literally attached to their smart phones. Others spend many hours in front of a computer screen. It's idolatry. In time the internet, could very well be the only way to buy or sell anything. I've heard some Christians claim the image is going to be a statue or some other graven image. I'm quite certain it"s the internet. One of the things I've learned in my life, that with God there is no such thing as co-incidences.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

This is a reach, quite a far one too. WWW is World Wide Web and that's all it is. Unless a Jewish person invented the Internet....

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

The guy who coined the acronym www was Tim Berners Lee, who is acreditted with the invention of the internet - does anyone know anything about this guy? Involvement in Bilderberg, Bohemian Club, etc. would be a big tell...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

The Book of Revelation was originally written in Greek - very poor Greek mind you, which the vast majority of scholars believe suggests that Greek was not the original language of the author. Whether it was written by the apostle John or not, the vast majority of academics, whether critical of Christianity or not, have all concluded that the original language of the author of the book of Revelation was semetic in origin, and that he was thoroghly aquainted with the topography of Jerusalem, given his knowledge of the Temple precinct. There are many semeticisms throughout the Book of Revelation, which not just in my opinion, but in almost every New Testament scholar's, leads to conclude that the author was from a Palestinian Jewish background, who converted to Christianity. If you read the book, the author shows how the Greek word for "beast" (therion) once transliterated into Hebrew, equals 666, which shows that the author knew both languages.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Wow didnt know that thanks. BTW as far as I understand the more common gematria going round, 666 = FOX. (F = 6, O = 60, X = 600)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
OK, so as the posts in this thread mention, we have the World Wide Web , and Fox news as the candidates for the number of the Beast.

So religious folks, there ya have it... stay OFF the 'Net, and dont tune into Fox news, and you'll be safe from 666.

Problem solved for you all.

WELL??!! What are you all STILL doing reading this?? Get off the Net NOW!! You will be marked with 666 if you dont leave the Net NOW!!

Run, RUN NOW!!!

edit on 24-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Your link leads to an extreme Roman Catholic site obsessed with finding evidence for the occurrence of the Mark of the Beast. It isn't the least bit rational, or credible.

Gematria is one of the refuges of the very bored and easily deluded, and if the Book of Revelation was published today, and hadn't got attached to the end of the Bible, it would be universally ignored as the self-important fantasy it is (Oo, look at me! God came to me and showed me this stuff, and he didn't show anyone else!!).

The Book of Revelation has probably wasted more of more peoples' time and energy than any other piece of writing in history.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yeah, and ATS = 40

A = 1
T = 20
S = 19

So 40 is a significant number of ATS.

Lets find the significant connections between the number 40(ATS) and religion.

Judaism

• Rain fell for "forty days and forty nights" during the flood
  • Spies explored the land of Israel for "forty days."
  • The Hebrew people lived in the Sinai desert for "forty years". This period of years represents the time it takes for a new generation to arise.
  • Moses' life is divided into three 40-year segments, separated by his fleeing from Egypt, and his return to lead his people out.
  • Several Jewish leaders and kings are said to have ruled for "forty years", that is, a generation. (Examples: Eli, Saul, David, Solomon.)
  • Goliath challenged the Israelites twice a day for forty days before David defeated him.
  • Moses spent three consecutive periods of "forty days and forty nights" on Mount Sinai.
  • A mikvah consists of 40 se'ah (approximately 200 gallons) of water.
  • 40 lashes is one of the punishments meted out by the Sanhedrin, though in actual practice only 39 lashes were administered.
  • One of the prerequisites for a man to study Kabbalah is that he is forty years old.

The number 40 in religion.

As you can see we are being led to believe (sub-consciously) the magical mystical power of the number 40.

Honestly though, if you look though enough things you will eventually make connections between them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Respect for the well presented OP.

But, wow, Andre the Giant couldn't reach that far...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Far out, I didn't consider that at all. Nice pick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join