It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man-Made "Super Flu" Could Kill Half Of Humanity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

A virus with the potential to kill up to half the world’s population has been made in a lab. Now academics and bioterrorism experts are arguing over whether to publish the recipe, and whether the research should have been done in the first place.

Well that makes me happy...

­The virus is an H5N1 bird flu strain which was genetically altered to become much more contagious. It was created by Ron Fouchier of the Erasmus Medical Centre in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, who first presented his work to the public at an influenza conference in Malta in September.

Fouchier said the strain circulates in animals, particularly birds, but rarely affects humans.

In the ten or so years since bird flu first emerged in Asia, fewer than 600 cases have been reported in humans. But the H5N1 strain is particularly vicious, killing roughly half of patients diagnosed with it. What stops it from becoming a major threat to public health is that it does not readily transmit from human to human. Or at least it didn’t – until now.

Researchers in Fouchier’s team used ferrets – test animals which closely mimic the human response to influenza – and transmitted H5N1 from one to another to make it more adaptable to new hosts. After 10 generations, the virus had mutated to become airborne, which means ferrets became ill from merely being near other diseased animals.

A genetic study showed that the new, dangerous strain had only five mutations compared to the original one, and all of them were earlier seen in the natural environment – just not all at once. Fouchier’s strain is as contagious as the human seasonal flu, which kills tens of thousands of people each year, but is likely to cause many more fatalities if released.

This sort of "playing" god with viruses should be illegal. It's insane to think that my children or family or friends could die from an illness that is man made. Really makes you wonder about all the other virus' that go around year after year doesn't it?

Source

In any case I"ll be watching this closely. It's interesting their way of "curing" us of a virus is giving it to us in a less deadlier form. Kind of seems counter productive.

~Keeper

edit on 11/24/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

A virus with the potential to kill up to half the world’s population has been made in a lab. Now academics and bioterrorism experts are arguing over whether to publish the recipe, and whether the research should have been done in the first place.

This guy's expression sums it up for me:

As an American I am concerned if we tax payers funded this "research".

..AND: NOW academics and bioterrorism experts are arguing over whether the research should have been done in the first place???? A little too late me thinks.

If capable of wiping out half of humanity, then what could this do to the eco-systems around the world also?

Why wouldn't this be considered a crime against humanity if no salubrious use for this exists?

edit on 24-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am very suspicious of the so-called (vaccinations).....are some of them really setup to give us a virus...so they say get a vaccine and it will prevent the illness...when perhaps the truth is...the vaccination gives the illness.

Are many of us just an experiment? Will many of us be a part of population reduction?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What I don't understand is why would they even do this? An once it's done why not destroy it completely then publish how you destroyed the virus..not how you made it

How could they even consider releasing any of that information...it's just scary

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

And they call these people intelligent? Educated? They know what they are doing? Sounds like the "shoot first ask questions later" type mentality. I hope they choke in their highly secured lab on their own stinking virus and then we can cover it with a glass and granite cap and weld the damn thing shut.

ETA Spanish Flu V 2.0? (Obviously with a little modification...)
edit on 24/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Great. Now people can make a profit off of the vaccines.

They did invent the vaccines... didn't they?

please say yes.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If you think this is bad, imagine what could be done in privately funded bio-research labs.

But hey, "what you don't 'know', wont hurt you".... right?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks Op.

I want to say nice find but not sure its nice at all

we could of done so much with this beautiful place we call earth, help each other, love the land we have been given, share and just generally be at peace with each other.

Instead man is greedy and wants to play games with people’s lives.

I’m both Shocked and disgusted at what this man choosen to do with his life and even more so at the fact that they are debating weather to publish it. yeh why the hell not... let some other mad nutter get hold of it and then hes to blame if it does breaks loose.

why oh why can things never be productive... oh wait. yeh thats right theres a 1percent that dosnt care about the rest of the world. because we are all scumbags of course.

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
should have not been made this is looking rather to the left... :/ why make something with no cause.. unless someone has a bigger agenda

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

Absolutely, agenda's will be carried out accordingly, & we will get to watch it all go down, haha.. Honestly, for us to all start working together, something has to happen, the next dark hour will be playing it's part in illuminating the people.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

these people should be tried for war crimes and executed in public .

we have enough dangerous diseases on our planet without these idiots creating more

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I would like to see the % of Vaccination in our country. If you wanted to kill of a large portion of the population wouldn't you want to keep the people that follow the rules and are not out side the box thinkers? Or would you utilize the said group to spread the virus and be the clean up for all the infected..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Why wouldn't this be considered a crime against humanity if no salubrious use for this exists?

For the same reason financial terrorism isn't prosecuted.

IMO there's been a whole lot of cover up and false information about vaccines. I'm not discounting how they've saved millions of lives, with polio and such, but today's pharmaceutical world is not about helping people. It's about making them sicker, so they can sell you more drugs.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
All it takes is one simple mistake...

And, Hmmmmm....The timing is impeccable

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Most scientists, microbiologists etc do it because they can, and need to prove that it can be done (it is their only motive).... When one sets out to do something like this with the intent to change the world, then it becomes something else. (no need to go there again)

You all should be happy that the results of this project are being made public at all.

If they had more sinister intentions, you would have never heard about it, at least not before it was too late to stop it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Now there's an uplifting story to kick off this 'day of thanks' !!
Wooo humanity.. a bunch of thinkers, we are!

Thanks for posting. S&F.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It's my personal belief that a virus as lethal as this one is part of the N.W.O's plan for the future of the human race. The way things are going, to me a "one world government" wouldn't be such a bad thing in many ways, but not at the expense of two thirds of the human race, especially when the survivors would then become no more than slaves to the global elite. I would like to be wrong in my beliefs, but I can see no other reason for the research and manufacturing of something so deadly.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Now academics and bioterrorism experts are arguing over whether to publish the recipe

I'd be interested in seeing their pros and cons lost.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladykenzie

Now academics and bioterrorism experts are arguing over whether to publish the recipe

I'd be interested in seeing their pros and cons lost.

Indeed! There would be no Pro's in a scenario like this.

"Hey guys, lets release the recipe of a man made disease that could kill half the population"

"Errr OK
"

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is quite horrifying, yet not unexpected, except I thought it would originate in the States - Cue Rumsfeld & co with their vast-amonts-of-money-spinning & (possibly lethal) antidote. FFS, it makes my blood boil that they've done this. I hope karma suffocates them slowly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join