It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other forms of you (the before-life and the after-life)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This topic goes into the before-life and the after-life.

Questions...

1. Where and what were you before this life?

2. Where and what are you after this life?

My answer to question 1: I take it from a circomstantial evidence point of view that I was in paradise. And I take it I was another form of a person with memory different from the memory of this life I am.

My answer to question 2: I think after a kind of paradise I came to a kind of hell (this world). But I think I'll return to that same kind of paradise, but to remain evermore the next time I return. O yeah for me!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I am not completely sure who I was in my past lives, but I know it had to with things of the spiritual nature. At a very young age I had a profound understanding of many different religions. I have been writing since a young age, and when I go back and read what I have written I am astounded by the things I did know before any of it was ever introduced to me. When I was done reading the things I wrote over twenty years ago, I said to myself, "How did I know that?". It kinda freaked me out at first, but now I understand.
I am not sure where I will end up after this lifetime, but I do have a feeling that this might be my last Earth reincarnation. I hope I have learned enough to move upwards to a new realm with new experiences.

PLPL

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The real answer to your questions is "I don't know." But I do have beliefs...

Originally posted by WarJohn
1. Where and what were you before this life?

Who I am is not related to time or the physical. I am the same now as before and will ever be. I have a physical body right now, and it resides on this planet, but that isn't who I am. It's my temporary vehicle.

2. Where and what are you after this life?

I will be the same as I am now. Perhaps with another vehicle in another place. Perhaps without a vehicle, but experiencing on another level... But I will be me.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There are many different ways this could go. Most likely the majority of hardcore atheists will dismiss both questions with the answer "You didn't/won't exist". Maybe they are right. However if the truth must be told, none of us can know absolutely what awaits. I might have memories of my past lives, or they might just be something my brain has conjured up that I think I'm remembering. I would like to believe that I would live on, yet my evidence is limited to reports of NDE's that can't be verified. Even IF I did continue to live on, I would remember as much of this life as I do my past lives which would land me in the same boat I'm in now, which is not knowing anything for certain. In fact, if any proof were to materialize in front of me, or any studies be done regarding the issue then the statement could be made that it was just my mind playing tricks on me / or that the studies were somehow biased in achieving their results. The reality of not knowing isn't something I worry about. If there were, indeed, past lives I have lived - they sorted themselves out. Any future life that I may have might be dependent upon my behavior in this life - so there's a reason to strive for personal growth...aside from the fact that the same personal growth will benefit me in this present life. I can only handle one life at a time. If I received any instructions prior to this life, they are unavailable to me at the moment and therefore are inconsequential. This life will end one day, and I'm ok with that. It happens to everyone, it's part of living. The only part that I would dread about it would not being able to see the procession of my family tree, from my great grandchildren on down, assuming I live long enough to see my grandchildren when they are born.

I used to think a lot on this matter, and I had several different theories ranging from a holographic universe, to universal consciousness.....I really don't worry about it anymore and just take things one life at a time.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
how can you have had past lives if the materials , sperm and egg were made creatively, uniquely, and newly in a time and place, and from that you came, the possibility of you was not possible, until then, and then after you sprouted you merely act as a mirror and a sponge, absorbing information from senses and sorting in mind, to create yourself, this is an on going process and did not need to occur the way it did? if you were born in the woods would you think the same way you do now about your self and surroundings?, or do you think the same now as when you were a child? lets say your personality or memory starts fading during old age, so that by your time of departure you hardly know a thing, then who or what are you? then where will that individual "spirit" go afterwards?

I think our labels can effect reality but i dont think it effects enough, or matters? like biological life entities are like rare and unique atoms or particles or elements, who come into existence as a system with paramaters, and has a complete feel or sense of freedom as long as it plays by the rules... but as unique as one atom is from another, or one cat is from another, a cat is still by law a cat, people can act an infinite amount of ways, do infinite things, infinite times, but they are still trapped to their nature and they are still at base, a person..
like all things at base.. are made of similar substance.... infinite diversity within one.

and all I really want to do personally is be a apart of an ongoing conversation with you people about these ideas, to cast doubts and test reason and create understanding.

new topics

top topics

join