It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
um, ok, how about this one:

www.sundayherald.com...

or this one:

www.yellowtimes.org...

or this one:

news.independent.co.uk...

this link has info on the deterioration of WMD:

www.ummahnews.com...

quoted from a UN paper on iraq in the above article:

"Taking into consideration the conditions and the quality of CW-agents and munitions produced by Iraq at that time, there is no possibility of weapons remaining from the mid-1980's" (quoted in Ritter, Arms Control Today, June 2000). Many other chemical or biological warfare agents have a shorter shelf life. The sarin produced by Iraq in the 1980s was found to have up to 40% impurities, entailing that it would deteriorate within two years

also quoted from the above article:

the assessment by Professor Anthony H. Cordesman of the Center for Strategic and International Studies should be taken seriously: "The shelf-life and lethality of Iraq's weapons is unknown, but it seems likely that the shelf-life was limited. In balance, it seems probable that any agents Iraq retained after the Gulf War now have very limited lethality, if any" (Iraq's Past and Future Biological Weapons Capabilities, 1998, p.13).

A lot of this evidence comes either from the UN or from respected members of both the British and US inspection teams and international agencies. Saddam had no WMD, we went to war on a false pretext and those who lied to our governments and electorates should pay the price for this. More honourable men would have fallen on their swords already but I am beginning to think honour is a thing of the past in politics.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Sometimes random events can give out more truth than years of research. Especially microphones forgotten (or 'forgotten') on...

There was such a case with George Bush Jr: he once was in Europe, and he said "I can't believe these idiots voted for me" to some person near him in turned down voice. Unfortunately for him, this was caught and made headlines in Europe. I am sure it has not reached US.

If you are not convinced yet that GB is the clown puppet, I don't know what else can convince you. USA is currently run by the industrial military complex, and it will continue to do so, even if Kerry becomes president.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
............."I can't believe these idiots voted for me" to some person near him in turned down voice. Unfortunately for him, this was caught and made headlines in Europe. ...............If you are not convinced yet that GB is the clown puppet, I don't know what else can convince you. .........
yea right....were is the link to the video of this widely reported on event. march to the light, march to the light....i'm now convinced someone has told me a story about a microphone.....march to the light.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Lookin4clues Saddam gassed the Iranians and the Kurds. Everyone knows he had WMDs. Did he sell them? Did he hide them? Did he use them all up on the Iranians and the Kurds? Do you at least agree that at one point in time Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

BUT was there any real proof that he was going to use them on US?? We can't be everywhere and take care of everyone. What he did to the Kurds was awful...but look at Africa!! It was all about getting revenge for Bush 41. Pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
www.sundayherald.com...

a senior administration official, the administration said, a senior administration official the administration…..

www.yellowtimes.org...

“alternative news & views….just what the hell journalism and alternative views have to do with each other I’m unsure of.

news.independent.co.uk...

not one word as to weapon potency

www.ummahnews.com...
the assessment by Professor Anthony H. Cordesman of the Center for Strategic and International Studies should be taken seriously: "The shelf-life and lethality of Iraq's weapons is unknown, but it seems likely that the shelf-life was limited. In balance, it seems probable that any agents Iraq retained after the Gulf War now have very limited lethality, if any" (Iraq's Past and Future Biological Weapons Capabilities, 1998, p.13).

thanks for posting a refutation of your own argument.

…………… from respected members of both the British and US inspection teams and international agencies. Saddam had no WMD, we went to war on a false pretext and those who lied to our governments and electorates should pay the price for this. ………………..

Most of the articles are not from respected members of anything they are some lefty interpreting what some respected members of something or the other said…..more Michael Moore trash. And the funniest thing is the choice of wording not one damn thing in any of the quotes even addresses what we knew before the war (pre-)….lying depends on intent not content.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalengrma
.......... It was all about getting revenge for Bush 41. Pure and simple.

And you would ignore the Russian intelligence warning us that Iraq was planning terrorist activities in the US?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   

a senior administration official, the administration said, a senior administration official the administration…..

What's your point? 'A senior official said...'. Yes, a senior official said, they should know, who should we listen to?

“alternative news & views….just what the hell journalism and alternative views have to do with each other I’m unsure of.

This was included for the Hamel transcript, in which a UN expert is questioning one of Saddams scientists, here is the link to the full transcript:

www.fair.org...

not one word as to weapon potency

This was not included for evidence as to weapon potency, it is included because (and i quote):

'Saddam's WMD never existed, says CHIEF AMERICAN ARMS INSPECTOR'

thanks for posting a refutation of your own argument.

Did you read it? Read the rest of the sentence you quoted, in fact, here it is:
"but it seems likely that the shelf-life was limited. In balance, it seems probable that any agents Iraq retained after the Gulf War now have very limited lethality, if any"

Or maybe you like the official UN paper better:

"Taking into consideration the conditions and the quality of CW-agents and munitions produced by Iraq at that time, there is no possibility of weapons remaining from the mid-1980's"
(Also quoted in Ritter, Arms control Today)

Most of the articles are not from respected members of anything they are some lefty interpreting what some respected members of something or the other said…..more Michael Moore trash. And the funniest thing is the choice of wording not one damn thing in any of the quotes even addresses what we knew before the war (pre-)….lying depends on intent not content.

These pages contain quotes and excerpts from papers from the UN, the Center for Strategic Studies, the senior american arms inspector and senior officials in the Bush administration. I know, 'senior officials'. This phrase seems to annoy you but have you ever heard of 'off the record briefings'? We get this all the time in the UK, 'a senior aide of Tony Blair said....', One of Micheal Howard's aides told reporters today......'. If these people want to remain anonymous, they should have that right. There's speculation that Deep Throat was a 'senior administration official', let's just dismiss him, eh?

p.s. As for the stuff being 'lefty': can you really see them posting this on Bush's homepage?

edited to try and get the quote box right, darn thing
[edit on 10-9-2004 by Chris McGee]

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Chris McGee]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What's your point? 'A senior official said...'. Yes, a senior official said, they should know, who should we listen to?

The point is that if an official had said something that interesting and important his identity would have been given, it didn’t say anything about anonymity request…it is clear that the talking head that prepared this analysis was interpreting the content. If the journalist in question had given an identity then it would be simple to fact check…no identity then it is an untraceable “quote.”

This was included for the Hamel transcript, in which a UN expert is questioning one of Saddams scientists, here is the link to the full transcript:

www.fair.org...

wow neat link…do you have anymore sensitve IAEA documents. Lets suppose it’s on the up and up, this supposed man in the know admits to being surprised at the discovery of Nuclear equipment being found after he thought they had stopped it, and acknowledges an effort by the Iraq administration to hide their WMD efforts…and this proves that they were not trying or did not have WMDs how?

“We have not yet found stocks of weapons, but we are not yet at the point where we can say definitively either that such weapon stocks do not exist or that they existed before the war and our only task is to find where they have gone.” David kay, statement on the interim progress report on the activities of the iraq survey group

“We Have Discovered Dozens Of WMD-Related Program Activities And Significant Amounts Of Equipment That Iraq Concealed From The United Nations During The Inspections That Began In Late 2002.” (David Kay, Statement On The Interim Progress Report On The Activities Of The Iraq Survey Group, 10/2/03)

“In Addition To The Discovery Of Extensive Concealment Efforts, We Have Been Faced With A Systematic Sanitization Of Documentary And Computer Evidence In A Wide Range Of Offices, Laboratories, And Companies Suspected Of WMD Work.” (David Kay, Statement On The Interim Progress Report On The Activities Of The Iraq Survey Group, 10/2/03)

more quotes from your favorite quoter the CHIEF AMERICAN WEAPONS INSPECTOR

…………Or maybe you like the official UN paper better:

Actually I rather have the link to the UN document. Especially as the “quotes” don’t appear to be the same. But it won’t surprise me if the UN also cherry picked their quotes.

………..This phrase seems to annoy you but have you ever heard of 'off the record briefings'? We get this all the time in the UK, ………….

And that is probably some of the problem with the UK journalism, have you ever heard of the latest rage in journalism its called making the story up while sitting at your computer.

Here is an example of some current day journalism www.businessweek.com...

And another…same paper but you can find more if you look.
www.nationalreview.com...

attributed fake quotes to a naval officer in San Diego to fit the reporter's antiwar agenda…………In response, a Times editor shrugged off Beidler's complaint. LeDuff, he informed Beidler, "thinks that he accurately represented his interview with you and your wife, and therefore so do I.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by keholmes]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join