It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Epic Of Souls -- A Chapter From The Book of Unknown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hey ATS.

This is a little series I've been putting together, it's not grand or anything but I am attempting to put out some feelers. Depending on how things progress, this might turn into a collaborative writting project among some of the members if enough interest in generated.

In the meatime enjoy this little tidbit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, what news to bring to me Devlas?”

The throne room lay empty, with the exception of the Dark King and Devlas. The Ethereal being floated around the room, its whisks of dark energy singed the banners laid against the walls.

“The Southern Continents prepare a march against you Sire. They’ve collected many artifacts. Most of which we were aware but a few I’ve never seen before.”

The King peered into vast emptiness of the room, pondering his next move. He snapped his finger as the sound resonated through the chamber black smoke began to rise in front of him; forming a silhouette against the darkening sky.

“Yes master? What can your faithful do for you?” Cried the voice in an inhuman tone.

“You are to take the shadow guard south to Emvitae, see King Elnius and advise him his time is up. Tell him I require the shield. Actually, take it from the vault, and then tell him you need it. If he ends up refusing, simply leave.”

“Although he knows his place in my kingdom, he’s always been a bit hard headed.”

“You think he will give up his defenses that easily sire? The shield is the only thing that keeps them safe from the horrors of the Deep Forest.”

“He’ll do as he’s told!” Yelled the king in a tone that made even the marble beneath his feet rumble.

“You’ll not forget that the “horrors” of the Deep Forest are far more forgiving than I am. Whether he gives it to me, or whether I go there myself and rip it from his dead cold hands, that’ll be his choice.”

As the sentence rolled out he again snapped his fingers and the being vanished in the shadows as fast as he had appeared.

Devlas came closer to the king’s ear.

“You don’t tire of dealing with these demons Zaio? I worry they may one day side with our enemies.”

Zaio stood, picked up his sword and tied it to the familiar place around his waste.

“They can rebel if they so choose. They’ll outlive their usefulness eventually. I brought them in from the Shadow Realm, and I’ll just as quickly return them. There are millions of others lining up for a chance to live again.”

“Fair enough.” Mumbled Devlas. “You might find some of them like living, more than they like serving. Others will provide that opportunity. Some wish to see only chaos in these lands.”

“You included?” Shot back Zaio as they reached the stone doors to the courtyard.

“Of course not my liege, I would never betray you. Although chaos is in my nature, I am yours to serve. I am the extension of you.”

“Get my things ready, we leave for the Southern Continents at nightfall. They want a war; I’ll give them a massacre.”

End of Chatper (?)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Nicely done tttp. I would like to read more.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

Thanks, I'm currently working on the 2nd chapter, I might even have it up today.

This novel has been in my head for the better part f 15 years, I have probably about a thousand pages of written history, I just don't know where to start

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Keep it coming! there is clearly quite a lot of background 'world' that you have created for this and i'd love to see how you evolve it into the story.

ADD: oh yeah, and thanks for the 'applause' on my work as well.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join