It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A big "Hello" from a small country :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

My name is Marco, 40 years of age and I live in a small town in the Netherlands.
Before I go any further you should know I "suffer" from a form of autism called "Asperger Syndrome". Nothing horrible really, just not very comfortable in large groups and loud noises, for example.
On the other hand people with AS generally have a strong interest in a few select areas.
Area 51, for example ;-)
But seriously, I have been fascinated with so-called "unexplained phenomena's" since childhood.

To write a complete list of everything i'm interested in would take too long.
But the "abbriged" version so to speak would include topics like UFO's, possible genetic manipulation/engineering of the human race by "visitors from above" (explains the 'Missing Link'??), the UFO abduction phenomena (seems to run in families), evidence that the human race in ancient times have had helpers/teachers that guided mankind (like Quatzalcoatl), long lost advanced civilisations like Atlantis and Mu, places on Earth that have anomalies like the Bermuda Triangle and the Devil's Sea, the possibility of highly advanced technologies like free energy and means of propulsion derived from downed ufo's. etc. etc.

By searching the Internet to try and combine all those 'loose threads' and mysteries and ancient folklore I'm trying to get a complete picture of what happened in mankinds past and might still be going on today. It's like trying to weave a carpet on a loom by (trying to) tie all those loose ends together.
It may not make sense to you but I guess this is an Asperger's way of sifting through all available information. Rejecting ridiculous ones and connecting promising ones I try to built a picture. (weave a carpet)

Anyway, I encountered the ATS website quite a few times on my searches and after all those years I wanted to see if the people here share some (or alot) of my ideas. The reason I waited so long to finally create an account is because of my fear that my ideas are too strange or far-fetched to be taken serious by anyone.
It seems that the scientific community doesn't appreciate folks that 'draw beyond the lines', or think 'out-of-the-box' so to speak.

So, if the friendly folks here want to hear how I think about a broad range of subjects I'm game!
Just bear in mind that because of my autism I may not always react in a way that is mainstream. Not that I'll get rude or flame ppl or anything. I have an open mind and will never shoot others down just because they have a different opinion than me. After all, the way I see it it's good to have a variaty of opinions. A problem is best solved when viewed from every possible angle and hearing the opinion of others prevents getting 'rusted' in one particulair view.

Well, this has been a slightly longer introduction than I had in mind. At first I didn't know what to write but once I got started it just kept comming, lol!

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to participate and contribute to this site.

Regards,
Marco

P.S.
Appologies if my English is at times not good enough. I never mean to offend anyone should I make a typo or something.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Good morning!
Have a great day!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Midnight1138

Hey Midnight

Pleased to see you; there are afew members here with ASD and quite afew parents of children with ASD and I'm one of them from Australia and have ancestrial roots in Holland.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Welcome and Happy Thanksgiving.
You are at the right site for your Ufo/alien discussions

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Well....I like the way you think.... It takes all kinds and if there is a place to share unique ideas, this is it. Just speak your mind, and if someone is rude, ignore. Looking forward to reading your posts! There is something for everyone here...welcome!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I surely believe the UFOs are for real and that mankind is in a complete maze. But there is a way out and every person has the chance to get out of the maze by cultivating their mind and body.

I try to become a better person and I believe this is the only way to stay safe in the future. That is why I practice Falun Dafa, cultivation of mind and body according to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life. A higher form of science if you ask me, including third eye science and other dimensions(where many aliens reside). I guess that is why you see many scientists and professors among the practitioners. Another great thing is that it is free of charge and it has no membership.

ATS has a great role to play in order to let people find the positive force in this world - everything in this universe is balanced so among all the misery there is bound to be a treasure of gold among us - it is just a matter of finding it before too late...

I wish you good luck in the future!

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Hi!!! and welcome

Hope you like it here! I look forward to discussing topics with yourself
BTW your English is clear and readable

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Welkom bij ATS!
Probably one of the more comprehensive intro threads I've read and the title caught my eye as I thought "little country" might refer to where I live too. (Well Luxembourg was a possibility too I guess) Your command of the English language could be called nothing less than impressive. No need to apologise.

PS There seem to be quite a few Dutchies here. For such a small country I am starting to think it's a conspiracy...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Welcome Marco!!

I'm sure you will have lots of fun.

Rotterdam is not exactly small town though. For us in the Netherlands its a big town and one we''re proud of.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

hahaha who knows.

But I think the Dutchies are too levelheaded for conspiracies

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Nice introduction. You are in the right place for thinking outside the box. I look forward to reading your thoughts. You present your ideas very well.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Baie welkom by ATS! Before I get in trouble for wrighting in Afrikaans, let me translate. Welcome to ATS!
Sharing your interests!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hi Midnight...Welcome to ATS...you will fit right in amoung all of us. I am a bit of a skeptic but enjoy reading of all things unexplained...so welpme again and make the most of it. You have already made a great start !

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You sir, will fit in perfectly at ATS. Welcome and enjoy your time here.

Don't ever be afraid to voice your ideas and contribute in any way that you feel is applicable.
And as far as thinking that your mode of thinking will seem strange then you need not worry, some of our fellow ATSer's are bat-poop crazy at times and Aspergers, i feel, is a common condition in these forums, as it paranoia, egotisim and religious zeal.

Having said that it is also full of love, care and all those other fluffy emotions and modes of communication.

So Welcome and enjoy the sideshow that is ATS.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Wow, nice, the Netherlands, I can't wait to visit there. welcome to the boards

new topics

top topics

join