It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you befriend an alien?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Sure, I would be friends with an alien.

However, if that alien tried to steal my animal crackers then we would have to stop being friends because I don't like sharing my animal crackers with anyone.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

If they were indeed a friendly, non threat then absolutely i'd befriend an alien. So long as I have no reason to worry for the safety of me and mine then I can't see any reason why I wouldn't be a friend to them. And for me saying friend means a true friend. Someone who would sell you out is not a friend. A friend is someone you can trust, someone who looks out for you and is always on your side.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
if an ET was a good 'person' ??????

You would judge an alien by human standards? Our very breathing might be offensive to them... a bit like Jews to Muslims.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I would be very happy to befriend an alien. It is my impression that there are aliens here on earth, and some of them even read ats. To any aliens out there, welcome to earth, enjoy your stay!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Great replies and its running at about 98% that you would befriend an Alien Not quite sure about shooting one in the face, however!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

It would be nice if all aliens were like that of our hollywood famous ET but I'm afraid that probably would'nt be the case. They could be carriers of diseases unknown to man and vice viser, so many probabilities good and bad.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I would apply the same logic to them that i apply to any other living creature:
"A$$holes until proven otherwise."

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

So much discussion of aliens involves invasion, abductions, government cover ups, but what if you met a genuine ET and he was a good person. Would you be friends with him? Could you mentally handle being friends with a being from another planet?

Would you be a genuine friend or secretly wish to expose him for your own gains?

I suppose some people would be scared, but if he was genuine and didn’t want my brain for experiments, I would give a whirl. Would you?

I guess it would be like meeting anyone else you don't know. You'd try not to be judgmental, keep an open mind to the character of the individual and ignore the superfluous and immaterial... like politics, etc.

As for befriending? That would depend on whether the alien/stranger was someone that I could befriend on a genuine level. Not everyone is going to get along with everyone else. Real friendship is something that comes with time.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah I would. I would have he/she teach me the tech behind the "flying saucers" and start a buisness with them putting those damn airline companies out of buisness.

Good buisness venture no?

-SAP-
edit on 25-11-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If the alien was a friendly alien then I would have no problem in befriending it. Why not?

In the movie E.T. a young boy befriended a friendly alien.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

If this Alien had mastered inter-stellar travel and all that goes along with it then i think there would be a pretty large intelligence gap, I think i'd have to buy the Alien a "I'm with stupid" tee-shirt

Just because the alien's race had mastered inter-stellar travel would not mean they are more intelligent than humans.

They are just more technologically advanced.

Likewise. humans in 2011 are more technologically advanced than we were in 1511, but we aren't more intelligent than we were in 1511.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think there is now enough good will to change things slightly and ask...what if the Alien was lovely...but hideous to look at??? still buddies?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

A) Just because they are flying one doesn't mean they can explain how to build one. A jet pilot on Earth couldn't tell you the tech involved in building one, just the basic principles

B) You would first have to get past all those restricted technology issues

edit on 25-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

A) Just because they are flying one doesn't mean they can explain how to build one. A jey pilot on Earth couldn't tell you the tech involved in building one, just the basic principles

B) You would first have to get past all those restricted technology issues

This is true. Way to crush my hopes zorgon...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I think there is now enough good will to change things slightly and ask...what if the Alien was lovely...but hideous to look at??? still buddies?

The guy who lives next door to me is hideous to look at, but he's still my mate.

We even went to the theatre together last night (no, we aren't gay).

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sicksicksick
The guy who lives next door to me is hideous to look at, but he's still my mate.

Is it this guy?

(no, we aren't gay).

Ummm too much information... but hey its okay

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So much discussion of aliens involves invasion, abductions, government cover ups, but what if you met a genuine ET and he was a good person. Would you be friends with him? Could you mentally handle being friends with a being from another planet?

Would you be a genuine friend or secretly wish to expose him for your own gains?

I suppose some people would be scared, but if he was genuine and didn’t want my brain for experiments, I would give a whirl. Would you?

Why couldn't this thread be in another section/forum? I honestly don't understand, would I befriend an alien? What is that suppose to mean?

This is more of a philosophical question is it not? How about a general discussion about making friends? This topic is about friendship, and how friendly of a person are you? Would you make friends with an intelligent creature from outside this world?

Would you make friends with an animal? Would you make friends with someone from a different country?

The question is where do you end in giving friendship....The OP could have just bumped up a District 9 thread, I'm sure things like this were discussed when the movie came out. This thread reminds me of the movie ET lol.

Sorry I think this thread is entirely about making friends and not Aliens or UFO's.

IMO the OP is trying to gauge people's boundaries of friendship.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
Sorry I think this thread is entirely about making friends and not Aliens or UFO's.

Ummm the OP made it pretty clear what his question was...

And most likely, no matter what people say... they would steal his spacecraft and turn him in for cash rewards and the fame that would come with proving Aliens are real...

Oh yeah? Wanna bet?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Ummm the OP made it pretty clear what his question was...

And most likely, no matter what people say... they would steal his spacecraft and turn him in for cash rewards and the fame that would come with proving Aliens are real...

Oh yeah? Wanna bet?

So basically the OP asks would you make friends with a good person?

or

Do you have personal boundaries you don't cross when making friends? i.e. Lets discuss our boundaries of friendship....in the context of aliens.

I highly disagree so much talk about ET's is Government cover ups, abduction, or invasions, lmao. Legitimate ET talk is more or less what is in our Solar System! Or what Hubble and Kepler are discovering! Or quantum physics studies of Parallel Universes/Multiverse!

OP yes we want to make contact with ET's, where have you been? We sent out a welcome to Earth capsule a long time ago.

I'm sorry I can't remember what it's called but it contains languages from all over the world, examples of art, music, literature, and pictures. This is one of the reason Steve Hawking says we shouldn't be trying to contact ET. He is worried that we sent such a thing out will bring back violent ET's.

I found it:

Voyager Golden Record

I'm sure there are actually more examples....

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So basically the OP asks would you make friends with a good person?

Yup because your not likely to consider making friends with someone who is wanting to eat you or use you as a guinea pig

Legitimate ET talk is more or less what is in our Solar System! Or what Hubble and Kepler are discovering! Or quantum physics studies of Parallel Universes/Multiverse!

Can you link me to these Legitimate ET's that these programs have discovered? Thanks And BTW Steven Hawking says we should NOT be friends with ET... in fact he warns us not to

Stephen Hawking aliens warning
www.csmonitor.com...

OP yes we want to make contact with ET's, where have you been? We sent out a welcome to Earth capsule a long time ago.

Where have YOU been? We already found a laser like signal from Toucanae and we are sending messages to Gliese 581D And the top message is "Please don't eat us..."

Countdown till signal reaches Gliese www.hellofromearth.net...
Top Messages :

Hello Gliese 581d inhabitant. Can you help us humans travel through space and become smart like you. Please do not eat us we are a friendly race.
Angus Pigott
Canberra, Australia
www.hellofromearth.net...

I'm sorry I can't remember what it's called but it contains languages from all over the world, examples of art, music, literature, and pictures. This is one of the reason Steve Hawking says we shouldn't be trying to contact ET. He is worried that we sent such a thing out will bring back violent ET's.

Yeah that old message from Carl Sagan... making all ET's see that only White Aryans are on this planet

But that is why the OP stressed "GOOD aliens

Kinda like the Venusians that visited Earth in the 50's... They had some hot babes

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join