It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Need Of More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Why is there not enough people being employers? It is too many employees verses employers. Is it that too many people want to be an employee when they grow up? And why is that? Is this why people are workless? If everybody wants to be an employee when they grow up, do you see how that can mean a problem for a % of people searching for work? But what are the pros and cons to being an employee over an employer? And what are the pros and cons to being an employer over an employee?

By the way, are any of you an employer? Is it harder than being an employee?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Why is there not enough people being employers? It is too many employees verses employers. Is it that too many people want to be an employee when they grow up? And why is that? Is this why people are workless? If everybody wants to be an employee when they grow up, do you see how that can mean a problem for a % of people searching for work? But what are the pros and cons to being an employee over an employer? And what are the pros and cons to being an employer over an employee?

By the way, are any of you an employer? Is it harder than being an employee?

If one chooses to be an employee, how are you equating this to global financial meltdown?

I think it depends on the industry a person chooses to work in, don't you? For example, I can't build aeroplanes out of twigs. I would need to be able to purchase the materials needed to do that. I also would need to spend money on an education that would teach me how to do it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I started a business last year, and it lasted about 4 months. Not from lack of business, but from the good ol' state trying to tax me on tools that I have already bought and paid taxes on. Then there is the income tax, which you have to pay quarterly, the state taxes which you have to pay monthly, and the use tax on any tools you use in your job. If you have employees, you have to pay a ton of taxes on them, while they steal you blind, and there isn't anything you can do about it unless you catch them red-handed.

I am good at what I do, but I am not going to pay over 40% of what I work my butt off to get in taxes. Now I work in retail, make other people money, enjoy my job without stress of ownership.

The government and their taxes make it way too hard for a small business to succeed.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Not many people can ,or want to pay the tarrif the government charges for the "privelege" of hiring you. I'm not sure if it works that way in the US, but here in Canada, if I hire you for 10$ an hour, I'm actually paying 14$ an hour.

The other 4 goes to the government as a "tarrif". Basically they are trading you as a commodity, and I have to "rent" you from the Corporation of Canada, since you are their employee from birth.

It's a sad game and really it's the way they continued surfs under the British Monarchies...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why is there not enough people being employers?

mostly because of the present administration...

potential employers are on hold... waiting to find out about Taxing, required Health care for employees
and a whole host of regulations & policies to be imposed on the enterprize community of businesses

ie the new law of reporting $600 increments on 1099 forms instead of listing as business expenses...

there's just too much 'change' (for the bad) out there that new business is waiting for the 'uncertainty' to laid to rest

new topics

top topics

join