It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eve of WW III as told by Michel de Notredame (Nostradamus)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

I think you're right- Nostradamus himself sais he was publishing his prophecies in the hopes that people would see what was coming & try to change it.

I wish they'd tried a lot harder!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Ha ha ha, best laugh I've had in a while- CincyFreedom's right- where DOES this site get people like you from?

Never mind, he answered your post just the right way!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

I agree, it's great reading & it can be scary! I've heard that particular quatrain described similarly to the way you've just put it. I've also heard it described as New York City being hit by a bomb or an asteroid prior to 9/11.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dnacowboy

Welcome to ATS! No problem, you've done it right- congratulations on your first post! Those are all great possibilities that you came up with. I remember the days when Skylab, then Mir both dropped out of the sky after awhile! Then both of the space shuttles. Anything can happen!

link   
A star shall land in secret? Hmnn.. Well here is a possible bibical explaination.

Numbers 24
14And now, behold, I go unto my people: come therefore, and I will advertise thee what this people shall do to thy people in the latter days.

15And he took up his parable, and said, Balaam the son of Beor hath said, and the man whose eyes are open hath said:

16He hath said, which heard the words of God, and knew the knowledge of the most High, which saw the vision of the Almighty, falling into a trance, but having his eyes open:

17I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

18And Edom shall be a possession, Seir also shall be a possession for his enemies; and Israel shall do valiantly.

19Out of Jacob shall come he that shall have dominion, and shall destroy him that remaineth of the city.

20And when he looked on Amalek, he took up his parable, and said, Amalek was the first of the nations; but his latter end shall be that he perish for ever.

21And he looked on the Kenites, and took up his parable, and said, Strong is thy dwellingplace, and thou puttest thy nest in a rock.

22Nevertheless the Kenite shall be wasted, until Asshur shall carry thee away captive.

23And he took up his parable, and said, Alas, who shall live when God doeth this!

24And ships shall come from the coast of Chittim, and shall afflict Asshur, and shall afflict Eber, and he also shall perish for ever.

25And Balaam rose up, and went and returned to his place: and Balak also went his way.

Per verse 14 that is a end time prophecy. Also there are a couple of other mentions of a "Morningstar" in the Apocalypse as well.

Revelation 2
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28 And I will give him the morning star.
29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 12
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Revelation 22
6 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

It would appear that in the Apocalypse there was supposed to be a 2 chosen ones and he is going to elevate the other guy to his level. Essentially the job of messiah was supposed to have been a 2 man job. See the book of Malachi.

I would pose Nostradamus is talking about this guy.

edit on 25-11-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by CincyFreedom
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Where on Earth does this site get people like you from? If you'd read anything on this thread you'd know you don't know WHAT you're talking about.

You drank the KoolAid with both hands, man- turn the damn computer off & GET A LIFE!!

As far as the specifics about the translation of the Nostradamus Quatrain's, I will admit that I know nothing about translating from French to English. But, I do however understand what it entails to bring forth a 'as close as possible' comprehension of texts between translations, especially of those texts that are 400-500-3000 years old. My experience is more with ancient hebrew and modern english.

The very fact that I brought up Etymology in the first place should imply that I at least, in very minimalistic nature, DO know something in which I'm talking about.
Etymology
en.wikipedia.org...

Considering, since day one of being on this site, my profile has always said, "I have interests in just about every feild, to name a few.... Cosmology, quantum physics, sacred geometry, mathematics, politics and governance, history, philosophy, symbolism, evolution on all levels, biology, theology, ancient civilizations, etymology, sociology.....
Pretty much, you name it, and I have an interest in it,"
I have done research on all of those related topics for years, so I would suggest that I do in fact know at least enough to get by.

Don't go trying to, get all, 'Kill the Messenger' on me. All I was doing was pointing out the flaws in argument provided by RomaMayLi. As well, that EspyderMan has been correct in everything he/she has said so far. I think that RomaMayLi can benefit from talking about subjects like this with a person like EspyderMan, that's why I chose to address their little fued.

You want to know where people like me come from, and find sites like this to contribute to? I come from a place that is saturated with ignorance, so I come to help deny it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

Hello to you & welcome to ATS! Great avatar. Did you know there's a YouTube video showing footage on Google Mars that claims to show old war robots on it that look just like your avatar?

I'm glad that you like Passport to Magonia. That book in particular has things in it like no other. The scariest story in it for me is the one of the poor French woman who was abducted while walking home & got swung around by her head- that really gave me the creeps.

Yes, according to some, when Nostradamus mixed his quatrains up to foil the Inquisition he REALLY mixed some of them up! I have seen that some of them are easier to interpret/make sense of when rearranged that way. Thanks for your post- RomaMayLi

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

A definite possibility. But I hope so much that it doesn't come to that! Nukes just put the whole world in danger, & we're all so sick & tired of it- I wish they'd never been invented.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

Can we please make sure not to shift our attention from the topic to the poster.

In other words: Stay on topic. Play the ball, not the player.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Healthlaws

Thanks for saying this. I learned it from Jim Marrs' book, "Rule By Secrecy"- best book I ever read. I'll bet you did, too. -RomaMayLi

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

Thanks for letting me know- I'm always glad to hear of another good book for my library. I'm old-fashioned that way, I guess. -RomaMayLi

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silversurfer6161

Sorry- from the second this thread went up I've been doing my best to keep up with everyone's questions & keep it down to a dull roar! I should have taken the time to be more specific- Nostradamus frequently uses the words "monster" or "Mars" in his work as euphemisms for war. What I meant to say was that the US launched its Kosovo offensive back in 1998 from the Italian Ravenna airbase amongst others. The US uses air bases all over Europe as need be.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

"Major Kong? Where is he? Where's Major Kong?"
"Waaahoooooo!"
My favorite part in one of my favorite movies...
Gotta stay humorous about these things, right?
Wheres the kegger?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Wow. Never thought of that.
Pretty creepy.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

I don't doubt he might! Thanks for all of your hard work & Bible study in your post.

I'm always grateful to get as many views as possible from the community. I never know where the next clue to solving a mystery might come up!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Folks, it's been great, & wonderful to meet so many of you- thanks for making this thread so popular & asking good questions & giving great information, flags, stars & everything!

I need to call it a day for a while & go to work- be back soon. -RomaMayLi

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

absolutely! I believe that throughout history people have had experiences- psychic ones & others- that are beyond the realm of common human experience for them, & that it has been hard for many of them to describe what occurred & what they saw without some common frame of reference.

Thank you for that reply. Thats what I am talking about. To somehow see with the author's eyes what they are trying to describe with their frame of reference... that's the key!
And further: If the source of that "vision" were true, then we might find other references from archives that also recount similar events. Like comparing prophecy in the Bible to Nostradamus Quatrains for instance.
His writings obviously reflect the passion for the "events" he was transcribing. There are so many of them. He was a learned man and healer of his time.
The other thing I trip about is how strange it is that seemingly he saw these events like a history film that already happened, that hadn't happened yet. That time may indeed be a ribbon of past and future history already played out we just haven't lived thru it yet. "Predestined" as it were.
There is another verse somewhere describing things that "are, and aren't yet, and yet are..."
His Lost Book that was recently uncovered that is full of pictures and no text. What do you think of that?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

But I dont remember if that was something that the cast threw together for fun, to make their own, or if it was one that M.D.N. predicted himself. I dont "think" he predicted it. I think it was the last prophecy of the movie that was a "what if". But, I want to say there was some simblance in an actual quatrain where something like that happened.

Yeh. I think it was the "fire from 45 degrees" quatrain , "that will destroy the New City" or something like that. Referring to New York which lies along the 45th parallel? There is another post on here from someone who describes it better than I. So it was not something the crew made up although they may have embellished it to some extent. The movie envisioned the attack to be missiles and the actual attack on 911 was with... well, missiles. (I mean the biggest, smartest, cruise missile jet liners ever used as military weapons against a target, ever.)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join