It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eve of WW III as told by Michel de Notredame (Nostradamus)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Human2Spirit

Congratulations on your first post & thanks so much for making it here! I find what you've said fascinating; I've never heard of this before. Can you give me any links or book titles? I'd love to see the take that these authors have on it. Whenever I can learn more about this subject, I try to pick it right up & I'm always glad when someone has something good to share.

I do know that the far East & Mid-East are incredibly well linked outside of Nostradamus, however. I mentioned the Asian oil situation in an earlier post, & I well know that China is not at all amused by the Iran/Azerbaijan problem. China built a huge pipeline from the Caspian Sea all across Asia at its own expense to transport the oil it buys from Azerbaijan back to its own country, & they won't sit still for any war that interrupts their supply. To start with, China has 2.5 million soldiers & another million in reserve!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomaMayLi

To start with, China has 2.5 million soldiers & another million in reserve!

Actually China has 2.285 Million Soldiers and 800,000 in reserve with 1.5 being paramilitary. Paramilitary is not part of state's general forces. This brings their soldier count down to 785,000.

Not so big when you think about it, or scary even.

Sorry just trying to keep things accurate.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shinzaun

I know how you feel about the world situation- that's how a lot of us feel now, especially with the situation in Syria escalating. As for Nostradamus having been Merlin, who knows? They were both prophets & I saw Merlin's prophecies on Crystallinks. I don't think his 4th century words translate well into modern English, though- I can't seem to understand much of it at all!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Roma, I will keep this thread handy. When I am able to get back into some reading, and since this thread, I have something more to go into with, but I would love to pick your thoughts when I do so on a few specific quatrains if you so desire.

Thanks again for the thread! Very informative. Would like to see more when possible!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdguy
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Hi, thanks for posting this. I like this kind of stuff.

Do you know of an old french province called Le Leu?

I think it means The Wolf and was somewhere near what is now Normandy.

I can't remember what it was about, was it where Nostradamus lived?

le leu doesnt mean thewolf but
le loup mean it

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Any time! Just U2U me or write on my wall if you like, or post here. Maybe we can pick each other's brains. I'll never know it all, & I love finding out about what other people have managed to dig up. Thanks for being here.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

To start with, China has 2.5 million soldiers & another million in reserve!

Actually China has 2.285 Million Soldiers and 800,000 in reserve with 1.5 being paramilitary. Paramilitary is not part of state's general forces. This brings their soldier count down to 785,000.

Not so big when you think about it, or scary even.

Sorry just trying to keep things accurate.

If you dont agree with whats been said why dont you take your negative energy and start your on thread

bore off

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

An omen in secret- a star shall land

Just a thought about that...
Somewhere in Revelations is a reference to a star being thrown down called wormwood? (translation Chernobyl?)
Could the star landing in Iran be the recent on line status of their nuclear reactor?
Just wondering...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

More like Iran sending off that terrible Nuke that doesnt get shot down. Russia is giving those bastards missles to get past the missle defence shield.

I know there was a "pretend" quatrain on the movie "The man who saw tomorrow".. Man I LOVE Orson Wells! (Should see the Tesla movie! You'll love it) where they made their own quatrian in some simblance to M.D.N.'s quatrains. Maybe to show how easy they could be made. But in that pretend quatrain, they had something about a man comming out of persia wearing a black turban, sending many missles over where some could not be stopped. What bothers me is, I could have sworn I read a similar quatrain about this, but not as specific.

Could I be confused with the movie "sample" quatrain?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Hi, I've thought about that too & I hope not!! I know that Chernobyl means Wormwood in Russian & I'll never forget the day that place melted down- it scared the daylights out of me. I felt so badly for all of those poor people who lived there & couldn't get away, & the brave pilots who died of radiation sickness from trying to fly over that reactor to dump concrete over it. And if that weren't bad enough, several more reactors melted down at Fukushima, Japan in March after those quakes.

To me, nuclear power is a nightmare. People don't have a safe or sane enough way of disposing of the wastes; so many reactors are old & getting dangerous now, like the one that's been leaking in France. I shudder to think what a reactor is doing in an earthquake- riddled country like Iran in the first place, especially right in the middle of a war that might be starting as we speak.

For my own thoughts, though, I think Wormwood in Revelation is a meteor. Nostradamus seems to mention it in some of his quatrains, & refers to it as "a bearded star" or a "star with a tail". I try to keep my ideas as open-minded as possible, though- I never know when just the right information or the right person with some might somehow come my way & help contribute a new to piece to the puzzle!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Saw that movie too. One of the early Nostradamus public renderings. When you watch it now, it seems tripe, over dramatized. Those scenes with the (Dark Turbin) in his bunker shooting missiles at New York, remember? And we deflected them again and again until one or two got thru? Weird if you think about 911 by the way...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Hi RomaMayLi,

May i ask you a few questions, without being called a troll or a bad person?

Have you had these peer reviewed by a fellow scholar who was dedicated to french renaissance? If not, i can possiblly put you onto someone, i sadly cant promise anything, the last historian i used to interact with has since passed on (which was quite sad), but i can try and help.

The main problem of the 'mistranslations' of the Nostradamus texts is the non-centralization of language. This behaviour is actually quote prevelant in the sign language (as in People without hearing), some signs actually have what you'd call an 'accent' if you will. So one sign can mean love in one 'accent', however it could mean 'hate' in another accent. Its quite interesting.

With that in mind, dialects in particular during these times where quite interesting, and in some cases a mix of languages or isms. In some cases, language is both body language, dialect and tone.

Looking forward to your response
edit on 24-11-2011 by Spruk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I never know when just the right information or the right person with some might somehow come my way & help contribute a new to piece to the puzzle!

Me neither. It was your work with the quatrains that gave me the heads up about the star thingy reference. Thank you I like to turn prophetic stuff around in my head as well.
You have done a serious amount of work in this regard so I guardedly raise my hand in your forum to ask questions.
Like---
Have you ever thought heavy usage of symbolism in ancient writings reflects on the "seer" trying to relate modern technology to their world without these things that they live in? That they may be shown visions of things to come and then make efforts to interpret or define them from their point of view?

An example might be referring to a star or the sun because their understanding of nuclear power or weapons is limited by the vision and any explanation they may have whispered in their ear at the time?

Seer: What is that?
Angel or guide: Its like the sun or a star.
Seer: Ohh...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A great thread and read, I thank you for your work and the spunk to post this.
I admit to not reading all the comments yet but that is what I will do next.
Food for digestion here without a doubt.
S&F to you sir/madame
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Interesting thread S&f . I have read a post in this thread which questions the great bear quatrain along with aspersions to Merlin and I just want to add my tuppence worth. Rather than relating to Russia consider the quatrains connection to Artur.

The name Arthur (as in King Arthur),is regarded as meaning 'the bear'. Legend has it that he will awaken when he is needed. Widely and bizarrely regarded as being of English descent albeit Artur is renowned for battling the Saxons (Anglo-Saxons - anglaise = ENGLISH) Historical fact has the man himself largely located in the south of Scotland...along with Merlin. Both long pre-dated Nostra Dames.

There is an island near me called Arran - it's mountain peaks are called 'the sleeping warrior' - to see it from the right angle anyone can see the warrior lying with his arms crossed over his chest. In local legend it is said that Arthur is burried there - and that he will awaken when he is most needed.

Maybe, just maybe, the quatrain was referring to King Arthur and not Russia.

edit on 24-11-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

Of course you can- & I agree with you. No, everyone isn't a troll or a bad person. There is simply a right way & a wrong way to get a response from someone here!

Nostradamus is my hobby, which I freely share in places like these. If I were going to publish a book, of course I would submit to a formal peer review as my editor, not just my public, would wish it & I would be more than happy to make revisions. As everyone can see in my responses to everyone on this thread, my fellow members are the closest I presently have to a peer review, as it were, & I can sincerely & politely discuss what people have on their minds & learn from them what I can. If I'm not of like mind, I just agree to disagree. No problem for anyone.

In the case of the second "troll", as it were, a check of his profile will show anyone that he spends all of his time here stalking & calling people out for the least excuse, & he makes no apologies for it. I gave an alert to the mods because he's a waste of everyone's time. I put it out there in my original post for this thread that I didn't care for anyone here to have to waste their time on anyone's trollish behaviour- it's like a game to them. This particular person has no credentials or valid reason to be doing what he does.

After four centuries it can be anybody's guess sometimes what some obscure definition might be; after all, few people then knew how to read & write, & most educated people in Europe in those days spoke Latin because they had that language in common with one another no matter what other language they spoke or what European country they came from. After all of the wars Europe has had in the meantime since Nostradamus' existence not much in the way of written clues or evidence survives for research in some cases, so, I do the best I can with what I have. I make mistakes like everyone else, & I have never set myself up as any kind of authority.

Thanks for responding -RomaMayLi

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Saw that movie too. One of the early Nostradamus public renderings. When you watch it now, it seems tripe, over dramatized. Those scenes with the (Dark Turbin) in his bunker shooting missiles at New York, remember? And we deflected them again and again until one or two got thru? Weird if you think about 911 by the way...

But I dont remember if that was something that the cast threw together for fun, to make their own, or if it was one that M.D.N. predicted himself. I dont "think" he predicted it. I think it was the last prophecy of the movie that was a "what if". But, I want to say there was some simblance in an actual quatrain where something like that happened.

What worries me about it is Russia's involvement with technology being given to a country who isnt advanced enough to do it on their own.. Kinda like giving the A-bomb to Ghengis Khan and telling him which way to point it.

Scary!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Spruk

Nostradamus is my hobby, which I freely share in places like these. If I were going to publish a book, of course I would submit to a formal peer review as my editor, not just my public, would wish it & I would be more than happy to make revisions. As everyone can see in my responses to everyone on this thread, my fellow members are the closest I presently have to a peer review, as it were, & I can sincerely & politely discuss what people have on their minds & learn from them what I can. If I'm not of like mind, I just agree to disagree. No problem for anyone.

After four centuries it can be anybody's guess sometimes what some obscure definition might be; after all, few people then knew how to read & write, & most educated people in Europe in those days spoke Latin because they had that language in common with one another no matter what other language they spoke or what European country they came from. After all of the wars Europe has had in the meantime since Nostradamus' existence not much in the way of written clues or evidence survives for research in some cases, so, I do the best I can with what I have. I make mistakes like everyone else, & I have never set myself up as any kind of authority.

Thanks for responding -RomaMayLi

Ok good! Just some people believe blindly they are 'right', no matter the physical evidence, and its always good to ensure people are of a more open mind before i start engaging in any form or participation (Especially in this forum). If its blind, then i'll make a quiet exit and stop posing.

This is correct. Latin from eastern europe had many dialects and translations, to which im sure you have seen. This is one of the largest problem with translating older texts from these time periods, the common language barrier. One set of latin translators might say something like this:

"He had a large duck, and his servant cooked it fresh"
Where as another translation might be: "He had a small donkey, and his servant used to ride it"

There is also the potentail contexual problems, since context is ALWAYS a problem in all languages, again spanish is a good example of this.

My biggest problem (in general, not with you), is people bending these types of passages to modern day aspects. I believe this point has been discussed, someone in the 15th century wouldnt understand what a tank, boat or aircraft (and missile) would be. I'm pretty sure if we had a visit from someone in our past they would look at modern day man and have a heart attack (After using there therms heretics etc). That is one major thing to keep in mind, the minute you over complicate something like this is the minute you are erring on the side of being incorrect.

Keep it simple, and try and think like you are from that century, and what modern tech would look like to them (Magic, mystical creatures like the dragon etc).

I'm not saying you are flat out wrong, nor am i saying you are right. I dont speak 15th century latin

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

This is what is referred to as "the 100 years of Satan" because there will be 3 world wars that takes place within that 100 year span where countless millions have died and will die again.

The 3rd world war isn't about to start, it started 10 years ago on 9/11/01. Were 10 years in and it hasn't even gotten to the worst part yet. Over 300 million people died in the first 2 WW's. This WWIII that number will be eclipsed. According to most modern theologists interpretations of the bible were set to lose 3/4 of the world's population in this last war which will be why Christ will return so that the last surviving humans will not be wiped out of existence. Ofcourse i no longer agree with that interpretation but many others still do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join