It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eve of WW III as told by Michel de Notredame (Nostradamus)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Haha exactly!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
While I do see some merit in what you saying, I find some of it a bit of a stretch and some events bent to fit. While I find Nostradamus an interesting character, and his quatrains quite fascinating, I can not help but think that his quatrains have only been proven to be accurate (allegedly) after the event, and even then they are so ambiguous they could be attributed to various different events.

5:48
After the distress of dictatorial rule
Two enemies shall be defeated
The North African fleet & Eastern Europe shall rise
By sea & land shall horrific deeds be done.
2:32
Tears, blood & bullets by gangs in Dalmatia (Yugoslavia)
War engaged, disease in Balennes (near the Italian border)
A great scream shall come out of all of Yugoslavia
Then a monster shall be born by & within Ravenna

5:48 & 2:32- wars have ravaged Eastern Europe & are presently going on in Libya, North Africa. At Ravenna, Italy, there is an air base that was used by the USA to attack Eastern Europe.

Would you care to tell me exactly what wars are ravaging Eastern Europe? I live in Europe and can state quite categorically there are no wars here, the war in Yugoslavia was an internal civil war, and has passed many years ago. Besides which the quatrain doesn't mention wars in eastern Europe or North Africa, it just states that North Africa fleet (A naval armada, which Africa does NOT have, not one country there has a decent navy) and East Europe will rise, I am presuming he means in terms of power, neither of which have happened yet. And which countries in Eastern Europe is America bombing? None of course, it hasn't now or in the past, so what your point is here I do not know

3:4- this verse describes Azerbaijan, the Land of Fire, where the prophet Zoroaster first began having visions three millennia ago. It goes along with 3:31, which tells of WW III beginning along the borders of Azerbaijan, Iraq, Armenia & Iran. The first two world wars saw a lot of fighting in this very same place; during WW I Suleyman's empire (the Ottoman Empire) fell. Nostradamus is telling us a world war will happen again.

I would like to know how you are linking these two together, I see no relevancy between them at all. Also what fighting took place there in second world war? I am a bit of a military history buff, would love to know about the major battles that took place there during WW2 so I could expand my knowledge, because currently I don't know of any. Again it feels like facts being stretched to fit the prophecy

1:55 & 1:70- Iran will be invaded. With all of the saber rattling going on right now between Iran & Israel, it takes little imagination these days to see what might happen if Nostradamus is correct.

This is the one I feel has (some) merit, even more so as you look at France now pushing the Arab league to support Military intervention in Syria, If France/UK/America Attack Syria, and Isreal/America/France/UK attack Iran a world war is very likely because those actions are a very big threat to Russia and China, affecting their ports, trade partners and their vested interests, at some point Russia or China or even god forbid both will push back and say enough is enough.

Not meaning to troll you, but I do have to say I disagree with most of your conclusions here, and still see very little proof of any on his original prophesies being correct

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Personally i do have doubts about the whole Nostradamus thing..

Having said that.. this one kind of jumps out to me..

Leave, leave Geneva every last one of you.
Saturn will be converted from iron to gold.
RAYPOZ will exterminate all who oppose him.
Before the coming the sky will show signs.

Geneva is close to where the Hadron Collider is and RAYPOZ could be positive ray. (positive charged particles)
The Saturn reference could be something to to with the experiments.. (maybe the transmutation of elements)
Signs in the sky.. well we have had alot of ufo sightings recently and also the Norway spiral in dec 2009 (which happened around the time the hadron collider had conducted a big collision-in its early days of operation)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The spiral in Norway was a failed missle.
edit on 24/11/2011 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I love this stuff. Great thread.
"A star shall land" ... a fallen star perhaps? Fallen stars .. demons ... bad person? Or a real star ... asteroid ... Lots of fun trying to figure it all out. Probably won't until after it happens and you can point backwards and say 'ooooooh, THAT is what it is!'

edited to add -

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
The spiral in Norway was a failed missle

Do you really believe that? If so ... lets talk .. I've got this big bridge in NYC to sell ya.

edit on 11/24/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have to admit to being a sceptic on most of these types of works.. since a lot seem to put an emphasis on their enemies getting destroyed and I have yet to read a preditiction where a much loved neighbouring nation is predicted to be wiped out.

However I do find them interesting
and appreciate your hard work, thank you

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, many simulations were made which looked like what happend, also the morning after there was still the trail left over from the missile. Not everything is a conspiracy.

edit on 24/11/2011 by DeyTookErJeobs because: Typo's everywhere

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Excellent post. I'm glad you took the time to put this up.

I have always be interested in these prophecies and it is refreshing to find translations directly from someone with the ability to do so.

S&F.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
There is a rather pointed possibility that Nostradamus either took some of his material from the Christian book of Revelation or he may have been witness to the same visions as John (who wrote it) but with a different language and world view with which to pass it along.

One of the most startling theories to come along is one I've only seen mentioned a few times and then, only in passing. This is that a person of some importance/fame, who was previously accepted as being dead from a severe head wound, will return from the dead. This person, sometimes described as the 'antiChrist' may well also play the part of the 12th Imam.

The cross breeding of prophesy fills in a number of gaps.

The person being postulated as the head-wound riser would be, none other, than old Osama bin Laden. Graphic descriptions of his death speak of the head wound. In fact, so horrible was it that Obama refused to release it to the public.

You can take this as you choose. There are a kajillion possibilities in considering so many prophets and their warnings.

But imagine, if you will, that Osama bin Laden should miraculously reappear onto the world scene and attempt to unite Islam against the Christian west. Who indeed, from Iran to Pakistan to Egypt and Libya... would not follow this man who was dead but then alive again?

Happy Thanksgiving to all, by the way

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Thanks for replying. Yes, many quatrains are ambiguous (I still haven't figured out what some of them mean) & a great many only seem to have been figured as accurate after a historical event has occurred. Some regard Nostradamus as an unreliable prophet because so many of the prophecies as interpreted have not yet happened. It doesn't mean they will... but, it doesn't mean they won't.

There are as many translations as well as interpretations as there are translators. I like to think that each one of us is trying to do the best we can with the information that we have. In the case of prophecies that seem to have occurred, it is best to remember that especially in the case of wars, history is written by the winners. It isn't always easy to find out what really happened without reliable first hand accounts.

There are dozens more quatrains related to this thread for which there are no room here. In order to begin to see the scope of things I had to translate every one of the 942 prophecies in the ten Centuries, which took years to do & research. That is what it took to begin to see which of the jumbled quatrains began to link up & relate to each other. All of it would fill at least one book, far too much for an ATS thread. In the case of Eastern Europe, it is part of a sequence of events. Of course there isn't a war in the present day, but President Clinton definitely started one in 1998 because of what was called "ethnic cleansing" in Kosovo, amongst other things, going on in that region. How long have you lived in Europe? All of that is in recent memory, & I believe NATO peacekeepers- mainly French & German troops- are still there. In a nutshell, Nostradamus predicted that three events would lead up to the third world war- the conflict in Eastern Europe in 1998, war in what was once the Persian Empire (Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, & Iran), & war in North Africa- most notably Libya. Libya has a navy. NATO is presently all over that country.

For quatrain 3:4, there was a LOT of fighting going on in the Araxum's Border area during the second world war. Hitler was bound & determined to capture Azerbaijan, & all of the oil & gas resources it has, in a huge military campaign called Barbarossa. The city of Baku on the Caspian Sea is a huge magnet for international investment in the present day. Hitler failed in this campaign; the Russians are fierce fighters & beat him back harshly. Two different men I once worked for served in the Allied forces in WW II & were stationed in Northeast Iran to guard Nazi prisoners.

1:55 & 1:70: as I write, Russia has just announced that they are arming & readying their missile systems in order to protect Syria from the US missiles that could be launched from Europe. There are already threads here on ATS about it (Russia Retaliates Against US: Puts Radar Station On Combat Alert, amongst others) so I won't go into that. That whole area of the Mid-East has just gone on alert.

You are of course entitled to your opinion & I started the thread so that it could be discussed. If what I've told you doesn't help let's just agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

If you give me the Century & verse numbers for the quatrain you are asking about it would help me to look it up faster so that I could give you my take on it- Thanks!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks for responding! Yes, it is a lot of fun figuring it all out- but it can be frustrating, too. "Stars" didn't exactly "land" in Nostradamus' day, did they? Nowadays we've got all sorts of aircraft with landing lights, etc.,- & then there are UFOs, meteors, comets, asteroids... time will tell, I guess!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well, I am pretty sure we will see WWIII, in our life time, and I am no prophet.. We can just read the newspaper or the news, or the internet news stories, for you savy cats like me. Nostradamus, is about the only prophet I can put some stock into, me being a poet as well, I understand the magic...

WWIII, is a coming!!

Its been a long time coming since the end of the Storms across Europe,
the stars will align,
and many will once again feel divine,
as the mist of man's blood turns to pools,
filling the crevises and cracks,
where the children of fools hid with their stupid grins,
when they saw the clouds rain out the blood of heroes..

Ya I can see it coming as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-11-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You're quite welcome! I know what you mean about some people's interpretations. When I first started trying to do this sort of thing I could not believe how many strange & off-the-wall things some of the published authors who were trying to interpret Nostradamus' work had to say. Most of the authors had an agenda, you see- it was the late 90's & they were cashing in on everybody's interest in the upcoming Millennium! It seemed that no one was taking the time to do a good job- they were going by superficial modern French translations of the prophecies & nothing made any sense. Nostradamus began writing these prophecies about 1543, so we're talking about an entirely different world & mindset, here.

So- some scepticism is good! It's when scepticism gets used as a sort of denial by people who are scared of believing something that gets folks of differing opinions into trouble, I think.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jroberts227

Thanks so much. I did a lot of hard work in order to be able to do this, & this small presentation on this thread is just the tip of the iceberg compared to all of the rest of the stuff I have! I'm so glad you appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

One of the most startling theories to come along is one I've only seen mentioned a few times and then, only in passing. This is that a person of some importance/fame, who was previously accepted as being dead from a severe head wound, will return from the dead. This person, sometimes described as the 'antiChrist' may well also play the part of the 12th Imam.

The cross breeding of prophesy fills in a number of gaps.

The person being postulated as the head-wound riser would be, none other, than old Osama bin Laden. Graphic descriptions of his death speak of the head wound. In fact, so horrible was it that Obama refused to release it to the public.

i counter that Ariel Sharron might well be the infamous mortal-head-wound person that reanimates...
whenever the False Prophet from the land appears to revive him..

Sharron is a Zionist terrorist according to the majority of the world (sans westerners)

from Yahoo answers.com:

Vlad Vlad

Ariel Sharon had a massive stroke in 2006 that caused massive brain damage and left him in a coma, from which he will likely never recover. He's currently in the long-term care facility in a hospital near Ramat Gan. Doctors are currently installing medical equipment at his ranch in the Negev, so that they can move him there, and he can spend the rest of his life there in his bed under life support.

this former PM, thought to be brain dead, would be a better candidate than OBL,,imho
what better cover/misinformation matrix than a world leader from Israel, connected with the Christian morality agenda, to return to life with an answer to the Palestinian issues...& to defuse the current war rhetoric concerning Syria/Iran/Israel, etc...he would-should get a Peace-Prize compared to the Prize given to Øbama

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. Oh, yes, there ARE a kajillion possibilities! I don't think that Osama bin Laden will return, but there are a lot of quatrains dealing with the Antichrist, who is the 12th Imam's enemy, & the one that the 12th Imam has come to destroy.

In one of Nostradamus' letters to Henri II, King of France, he warns that the Antichrist would first make his appearance during the third world war in what was once Attilla the Hun's empire: the area of what is now Russia between the Volga & Dnieper Rivers. He calls him "the new Xerxes" who will come to battle bringing with him untold legions of soldiers.

You're right about the Book of Revelation & Nostradamus' visions being in some instances a continuation of St. John's visions that fit better into the understanding of his time. His family were Jewish converts to Christianity, & he was raised in the spiritual knowledge of both faiths as well as in the Cabala.

Thanks so much for your post- RomaMayLi

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Thanks so much for your post & your poetry! I'll read your thread a little later on.

Yes, WWIII is a-coming, especially in times like these. I mentioned in a response to Prince Dreamer how Russia announced just now that they are readying their missile systems to protect Syria. There's an ATS thread on it already!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
WW III is important, but not as important as what sets it off. I've read through these Centuries several times over and enough times to recognize the relationship between quatrains. These are not individual peeks into the future, but rather parts of paragraphs of a singular essay detailing one string of related events. From some of these, I've been able to construct a map that represents the trigger for global collapse and war. I call it my "Map of a Thousand Conspiracies" because you can link up a lot of conspiracy related material and current unfolding events with it.

I'll give you guys a hint.................

PIIGS aren't just broke, they're in the way...........as in physically, geographically, and too bad they can't move....

It's so big, it doesn't need its own thread, but its own forum.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RomaMayLi
reply to post by pointr97

!
There is also a set of verses about the Russian bear in the book of Daniel. I'll get back to you later. Thanks for posting!

the verses i read in Daniel...about the 'Bear' were in reference to Persia or the Medes & Persians:
( Not the Russians or Soviets)

Dan 7:5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and [it had] three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

the 3rd Beast in turn was the Greek Empire, which was like unto a leopard, with wings, & eventually broke into 4 kingdoms
followed by the 4th Beast, the Roman Empire

it is my stance that most modern interpetations of the 'Bear' as Russia/former USSR is wrong...
the end times Bear is Persia/Iran [the eventual caliphate to come (iran-iraq and some of Turkey/Armenia)]

edit on 24-11-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join