It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most ridiculous luxury vehicle I've seen in a long time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

OK, I can be a pretty crass guy at times, and I'm willing to cut cool wheels a lot of slack, but this is over the top.

This reeks of all kinds of bad taste to me, sorry. Although if I was five years old I might think it was pretty cool.

Verdict:

New York City's wealthiest enjoy hidden luxury in Mercedes vans that take up half the road

A trend has emerged in New York City for top earners to build hidden luxury inside Mercedes vans.
Upgrade: Martin Brass, a former Wall Street exec turned investor, looks at a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter at its New York dealership. There is a growing trend for the city's richest to turn vans into offices or lounges
Some owners use them as mobile offices or a protective shell to get some respite, while others treat them as a child’s playroom on wheels.

But at 22 feet long, almost nine feet tall and often decked with satellites, they cannot slip by completely unnoticed.

edit on 11/24/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
hey some one stole my minivan!!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

It really does, doesn't it?

I guess on the plus side it would be comfortable. But I'd feel silly driving around in one of those, personally. Well, to each their own.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Why would you spend so much money decking out such a crap vehicle..
If I had that much money I wouldnt be doing up some commercial car, I would be desigining my own car from scratch
edit on 24-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
lol

Someone finally made the Sprinter kool.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
not to play devil's advocate, but this really doesn't seem any worse than stretch limos or hummers......or well, I don't see a spa on the back deck, not really that over the top.....couple seats, a cabinet and a very poorly placed tv.....why is the tv behind the seats?....there must be two sets of seats and tvs, right?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
not to play devil's advocate, but this really doesn't seem any worse than stretch limos or hummers......or well, I don't see a spa on the back deck, not really that over the top.....couple seats, a cabinet and a very poorly placed tv.....why is the tv behind the seats?....there must be two sets of seats and tvs, right?

I will grudgingly grant it approval for use in the following cities only: Las Vegas, Miami, Dallas, Moscow, Rio de Janeiro, and Dubai.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The worst part is that it only seats two average sized people or one Newt Gingrich...

edit on 24-11-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by pointr97

I will grudgingly grant it approval for use in the following cities only: Las Vegas, Miami, Dallas, Moscow, Rio de Janeiro, and Dubai.

maybe dallas, moscow....but if it was going to be in the other cities......It needs to have a lot more flare. First off, there needs to be a pole in the middle. For vegas, I am seeing a disco ball, spot lights, and of course a sun roof for the partiers to hang out of (with a 9 foot step ladder). This one just seems bland, show us some bling.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hey Mon ...

Can't be any worse than the stretch Hummers, complete with fat screens, bars and mafia tint that the poseurs cruise in in these parts ...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

It is a Mercedes so it will last for practically forever...

Its more cost effective and roomy than a Maybach 62 or other luxury high end limousines as well as more spacious and economical.

I can see the reasoning behind this...for it's essentially a living room/man cave on wheels.

And Perfect for ferrying groups of people to and from sports events and concerts....and/or a night out on the town.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hey....
That has given me a few ideas about my Transit Luton box van!

top topics

join