It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. carrier sent to Syrian coast as tensions flare

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Actually the deployment of the USS Bush was to releive the Stennis if I remeber right, who just ended a 4 month tour in the Persian gulf - 5th fleet. The Bush was there, then it was slated to the med and positioned off the coast of Syria. The Bush is in the operational command of the US 6th fleet now. I dont think she is scheduled to head home for a few months. Provided hostilities dont break out.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
After the fall of the Berlin wall, the Russian military went into degrade mode and in the recent few years they have been up grading and modernizing in all areas. We have always postured against each other during the cold war as I was part of it and know first hand. There were numerous non conflict accidents like subs hitting carriers they were tracking by error because both sides were playing a constant game of cat and mouse for real.

The USS Bush seems to be posturing against the Russians in one case to let them know that we are there just like Russia's long range bombers are once again testing the North American defense systems like the U.S and Canada radar and response systems.

The USS Bush is also positioned for any other mission that might arise and be ordered to handle. It is now in position instead of steaming for days to get to a hot spot and is probably monitoring and training for several different types of missions.

Non military types look at this deployment with "eyes wide open" and offer all types of scenarios of what the military has planned to do but rest assured that military tactics and deployments are not that transparent and written down for the enemies enjoyment or like a gentleman's game of chess, its a statement to those there and hopefully a deterrent.

Carriers are floating airfields and do not need to get close to a harbor to offload or conduct military missions. The air wing might find a harbor attractive in a conflict that are many miles from the carriers deck, though. The point is that we know that the Russians are there and they know we are there just as we have always done in the past when posturing and being in position just in case the balloon goes up (war starts).

edit on 24-11-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by jrmcleod

We know far more about Russia's and China's capabilities then they know about ours.

Also, the Chinese sub that "popped up" in the middle of an exercise was actually tracked for more than 3 hours before it "revealed" itself.

I'd say it's a tie.

No one can be sure if what the US spends their black budgets on militarily speaking above top secret,but then again neither can you say the same thing about what Russia or China might be hiding under their secrecy.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustme333

It is not possible for any non-NATO force to take out the carrier. Served on them, know their deffensive and offensive capabilities and technologies. Not possible. Period. They are no where near Syrian territorial waters. They don't need to be.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by USAisdevil

OK so...

Your member name is USAisdevil yet you're the one advocating Russia does the following...

1. A nuclear Holocaust which will result in hundreds of millions killed..

and

2. A conquest of the Northern Hemisphere by force for economic dominance over it's natural resources which will costs the lives of millions more.

You should have chosen "I'mthedevil" instead.

Slayer,

This is the same as the US have done and are doing right now...except the nukes. There are a lot of people, probably far more who think "the USA is the Devil" than believe they aren't. If the USA or Russia got rid of the nukes they posses then there wouldn't be the possibility of Nuclear Holocaust...just having them is the bigger problem because no one will go first and decommission them all - thus keeping the chances of holocaust open.

The US are bombing and invading countries all over the world for financial control and will continue to do so until they are no more. This will eventually come to fruition whether you want to believe it or not. The US wont hold Earth supremacy for ever.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by jrmcleod

We know far more about Russia's and China's capabilities then they know about ours.

Also, the Chinese sub that "popped up" in the middle of an exercise was actually tracked for more than 3 hours before it "revealed" itself.

Can you provide sources for these 2 statements please?

My point is...if members of ATS know about the US "Black Projects" then i'm quite sure the Russians and Chinese know FAR more than ATS does.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

It also generates currency. And lots of it.
Not to mention employment opportunity's.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Bluesma

Actually the deployment of the USS Bush was to releive the Stennis if I remeber right, who just ended a 4 month tour in the Persian gulf - 5th fleet. The Bush was there, then it was slated to the med and positioned off the coast of Syria. The Bush is in the operational command of the US 6th fleet now. I dont think she is scheduled to head home for a few months. Provided hostilities dont break out.

I'm not in the US, but on the mediterranean. I was actually just reprimanded by my husband because I'm not supposed to be revealing where they will be when exactly apparently. So I won't say more. I'm kind of excited because this is the first time I'll be on one that is commanded by a woman!

Suffice it to say, I doubt the carrier is going to be staying off the coast of Syria for very long. I am guessing it is just a stop among many, and she'll be moving along shortly.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I have a question for you or your husband since his in the Navy does he feel a war with Iran and maybe with Syria will happen?
Because the way i see it sanctions always leads to war.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
for info re George H. W. Bush

George H. W. Bush (CVN 77) and John C. Stennis (CVN 74)
steam alongside one another in the Strait of Hormuz
13Nov-15Nov2011, Arabian Sea
16Nov-19Nov2011, Red Sea
20Nov2011,
transited the Suez Canal
and arrived in the U.S. 6th Fleet AOR
20Nov-22Nov2011, Med

p00hbear

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Russia and the US are the same.

They've been playing a hoax on countries saying there were enemies during the Cold War to use to screw over brown skinned countries...and justify getting their oil and using it all up "to protect them".

Goes back to Lincoln. During the US Civil War the ENTIRE Russian Atlantic and Pacific Naval fleets were in Union Ports...Lincoln got Russia to help defeat the South.

Maybe Russia and the US will scare monger Syria into spending more money it doesn't have, borrow more money...

It's all a scam. Even the protests in Syria...fake. They're getting paid to protest to stir the pot to make US/Russia $$$$

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Wars generate huge amounts of cash and revenue

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ah, yes...War with Syria is now being promoted.

The US is the undisputed warmonger of the world!

The "tensions flaring" in Syria is because our US spooks saw to it to stir up conflict so we could then send in the troops to support "liberty and freedom" in still another oil rich Islamic nation. How is it that we are always taking "liberty and freedom" to these foreign nations and taking it away from our own citizens here at home?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Russia did mistake then by saving america. This time we will make it right

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Bluesma

I have a question for you or your husband since his in the Navy does he feel a war with Iran and maybe with Syria will happen?
Because the way i see it sanctions always leads to war.

I'm sorry, he's not in the Navy (or any military) actually. We've got no "insider info". Just friends in the military. I might get more insight into things after this weekend, and if that is the case, I'll share (whatever I'm allowed to
)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Quite the little bitch fest going on here isn't there.

First of all I'd just like to say that I've debated with Slayer many a time over the years, most of the time we are pretty much in agreemeent but certainly not always, in fact somtiimes we've had completely opposite opinions.....but I must say this - he's a well respected member who has always shown respect to other members and tried to debate with respect and reason - both of which are far too rare nowadays on ATS.
I most definately don't recall him being either condescensing or bullying in this thread or any other one.
Maybe some people just can't accept a different opinion to their own, especially when expressed articulately and confidently.
In such instances I would like to suggest the problems lie with the 'offended'.

However, I would like to point out to Slayer;
We are far older than you Americans and far more 'grown up' than the USA will be for years.

The USA has many faults and it's recent foreign policy certainly hasn't endeared themselves to many around the world - and the actions and behaviour of some Americans doesn't help - but of one thing I am absolutely certain; without the USA this world would be a far worse place than it is and for that they deserve some respect and recognition.
Yes, they talk a lot of bollocks when they talk about 'saving Europe' in WWI and WWII, but it would have been a damn sight harder if they hadn't eventually joined in.
And some of their military achievements since haven't exactly been stunning. who can forget Grenada?, but I truly pity the nation(s) that really do piss them off and they take the gloves off and unleash everything they have at their disposal, and that's not taking into consideration their nuclear capability.

Mind you, not wanting to disrespect those who fought in them or to trivialise anything, but the list of military encounters that have occurred in the USA was quite embarrassing.
Most of them were little more than skirmishes between different Americans and hardly on a par with the horrendously bloody catalogue of war and destruction that is European history.
I am in no way proud of that, but it does give an inherent understanding of warfare and it's reality.

As for those advocating nuclear or chemical confrontation, of any kind by anyone, you disgust me and I can only echo the sentiments already expressed that I hope it never happens in any of our lifetimes.

We were criminally lied to and misled about Iraq but what were 'we' supposed to do.
Saddam Hussein was a horrible, murdering tyrant who got everything he deserved.
But we failed to respect Iraqi wishes and tried to impose 'our' beliefs on them.
A mistake we may well be repeating in Afghanistan - where again we were misled.
But can we afford to let The Taliban take over again and re-continue their barbaric rule which the majority of Afghans don't want?
There is no easy solution.
Anyone who thinks there is a clear cut, simple answer to the Middle East's problems is either naive to the extreme, delusional or just plain old stupid.

I don't know what's going on in Syria, but it worries me a bit.
I do know that the USA, Russia and China have all lived and survived under the prospect of MAD for quite some years and I am convinced that it would take something far more serious for any of them to seriously consider instigating such a scenario.
But who genuinely knows?
And as has been said - war does generate manufacturing growth, new technology and of course money and profit.
edit on 24/11/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Quite the little bitch fest going on here isn't there.
We were criminally lied to and misled about Iraq but what were 'we' supposed to do.
Saddam Hussein was a horrible, murdering tyrant who got everything he deserved.
But we failed to respect Iraqi wishes and tried to impose 'our' beliefs on them.
A mistake we may well be repeating in Afghanistan - where again we were misled.
But can we afford to let The Taliban take over again and re-continue their barbaric rule which the majority of Afghans don't want?
There is no easy solution.

Who are you to decide who is tyrant and who is not ? Who are you to decide what is democracy and what is not ? All world is screaming to you " just mind your own business"

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You state your point of view well and seem to be clear headed in your analysis.

I would only point out the the US that "saved Europe" in WWI and WWII was a completely different nation than now exists. The US government has been taken over by banksters intent on distroying nationalism in favor of the NWO.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

"Bla, bla, bla". That's all the world hears. America is being judged by her actions - not your weak justifications. The sad thing is that it sounds like you've even convinced yourself.

Delude yourself if you want. The rest of world is wise to the trash that you call "foreign policy". There's nothing you can do or say to change that.

Mind your own God damn business. You can't even handle your own borders and protect your own people. You've become the laughing stock of the world. You're not wanted. You're not needed. Ron Paul gets it. Other intelligent Americans get it. You don't apparently.
edit on 24/11/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

reply to post by xavi1000

Originally posted by xavi1000
Who are you to decide who is tyrant and who is not ? Who are you to decide what is democracy and what is not ? All world is screaming to you " just mind your own business"

Who are you to make that argument? Shouldnt you mind your own business as well?

btw - it works in both directions.

The irony in that argument is classic.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join