It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. carrier sent to Syrian coast as tensions flare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You are right on my friend.

If the Military Might of the United States is released to its full potential:

- Technology so advanced it would be hard to comprehend how far behind the Civilian world is.
- Unrestricted Rules Of Engagement ( Total War ROE)
- Productions facilities being activated / Revealed.
- Iron Dome Complex activated
- Full Mobilization / Draft enacted for the US Armed forces.
- 20 Million man US Fighting Machine
- Massive food stocks revealed
- Large amounts of Oil reserves militarized in the us (Strategic Reserves , half the United States sits on Oil)
- The complete fortification of United State Interstates / infrastructure (Important)
- US Internet becomes militarized
- 12000 US Abram tanks being activated , over 8000 currently in active use with a reserve of 4000 US Abram tanks.
- Every single US submarine activated
- Defensive underwater counter measures activated that will not let another submarine within 150 miles of the US coast lines without detection.
- Stars Wars program is ACTIVATED.

You guys have no idea what America could bring down on other nations if we are mobilized ---- Economic / Strategic mobilization.

These are things i have learned in my classes with nearly one more year to go. Little less , 16 credits left before i have my BA.

I can only take 12 credits at a time due to my schedule.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One

Why wouldn't the same rules apply to entitlements as to war as far as the dollar making its trip?

With money payed to individuals, such as welfare and to an extent social security, the money will be spent at places like Walmart, where much of the funds end up overseas, especially in China. 10% or so will end up in state budgets from sales taxes. Very little will come back from the companies, due to loop holes and since they pay such low wages to their employees, many who are part time.

With defense expenditures the money stays in the US. The employees pay substantial federal income taxes and the companies pay taxes. If it is done optimally, ensuring no tax loop holes, it will bring substantial revenue.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Who named Navy’s newest aircraft carrier George H.W. Bush ?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Maybe so but i'm afraid the US are NO match for a united force of Russia and China. The US citizens on here who think they can dominate the whole world let alone Russia and China are living in DREAMLAND

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just for interest sake.

Russia sold anti ship cruise missiles to Syria earlier this year

Russia has signaled its intent to press ahead with the sale of 72 cruise missiles to Syria, believed to be worth at least $300 million

Russian Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov announced to journalists that, “the contract is in progress.” The minister added his country was also bent on carrying through on promises to deliver several Bastion anti-ship missile systems to Syria.

Capable of carrying a payload of 273 pounds and traveling 184 miles, the supersonic cruise missiles are considered very accurate. They are designed to travel just yards above the surface of the water, making it difficult to either intercept or identify by radar.

and

Russian weapons sales to Damascus provoked Israeli ire in May after Moscow said it was supplying Syria with MiG-29 fighter jets, Pantsir short-range air defense systems and armored vehicles

Link

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

You guys have no idea what America could bring down on other nations if we are mobilized ---- Economic / Strategic mobilization.

sounds like hitler 1939.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

If I were a country with a U.S. carrier battle group off my coast....I would be VERY worried. Split Infinity

What, worried about a weapon even you say is not in service yet and probably not fully tested or approved..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

It is true most Americans have no idea how powerful our military actually is, but it is restrained by politics.

The US Air Force is larger than China's and Russia's combined. The US Navy's level of superiority is even larger, bigger than Russia's, China's, and even the rest of NATO's combined.

We have far more modern main battle tanks or gunships than Russia or China. Using combined arms tactics, our US Army and Marine armor and aviation units would overcome any advantage that Russian or Chinese forces would have from their numerous infantry units.

The good thing is the Russians do know this and they are thankfully not suicidal.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

You make it sound like the US are the only ones with seccret weapons or even the brains to make them..

Oddly most of America's weapons were developed by foreigners..
You know, those people from other countries!!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One

Why wouldn't the same rules apply to entitlements as to war as far as the dollar making its trip?

If it is done optimally, ensuring no tax loop holes, it will bring substantial revenue.

That's a big "IF", one that appies to both sides and not an inherent property of either way of circulating the dollar. With more accurate weapons, greater automation, moving weapons production overseas and the cost of tooling/retooling here, I have a feeling they won't need much labor or expertise locally. It won't put much money through the bottom end but just bring it right to the top where they want it and provide further excuses to cut-off entitlements a la "we need money for the war, so sorry."

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Its being sent as part of the preparations for the upcoming implementation of a no fly-zone over Syria. This will be another step along the road towards their ultimate goal of waging war on Iran.

Senior European sources said that Arab jet fighters, and possibly Turkish warplanes, backed by American logistic support will implement a no fly zone in Syria's skies, after the Arab League will issue a decision, under its Charter, calling for the protection of Syrian civilians. The sources told Kuwait's al Rai daily that the no fly ban will include a ban on the movement of Syrian military vehicles, including tanks, personnel carriers and artillery, adding that this move would aim at curbing the movement of Assad forces, and cripple their ability to bomb cities. The European sources said the no fly ban might lead to the paralysis of the Syrian regime forces "in less than 24 hours.'' Meanwhile, it is reported that the leadership of the Turkish General Staff informed all the concerned parties with the Syrian issue its rejection of the idea that the Turkish army would launch any invasion to the Syrian territory including the area adjacent to the Turkish border to establish a "buffer zone" to protect civilians fleeing the violence.
www.albawaba.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustme333

Lots of Germans, at least during the Cold War. They were new American citizens though, brought over after WW2. .

Most of the post Cold War designs, railguns, drones, exoskeletons, etc., are homegrown American.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

You are assuming the reason for the deployment of the carrier is for combat operations. While that is a possibility, its just one possibility out of many. The United States still has consulate officals in country as well as US Citizens and dependents.

Keep in mind also that the situation is deteriorating, with defections occuring in the military and other government branches. If a civil war does occur and escalates their is the very real possibility of our officals / citizens being trapped with no way to get out.

In addition to US citizens / officals, we have in the past in other similar situations, also evacuated citizens / consular staff of allied / neutral nations. The deployment of the carrier does not violate any laws or UN resolutions. ITs also not violating any warnings that Russia has stated since as of now there are no hostilities between the US / UN / NATO and Syria.

Not saying an attack is not imminent, however there are other possibilities to consider.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

It is true most Americans have no idea how powerful our military actually is, but it is restrained by politics.

The US Air Force is larger than China's and Russia's combined. The US Navy's level of superiority is even larger, bigger than Russia's, China's, and even the rest of NATO's combined.

We have far more modern main battle tanks or gunships than Russia or China. Using combined arms tactics, our US Army and Marine armor and aviation units would overcome any advantage that Russian or Chinese forces would have from their numerous infantry units.

The good thing is the Russians do know this and they are thankfully not suicidal.

Yes the US Air Force is larger and Yes their naval forces are larger but to presume that China and Russia don't have strategies in place to remove half of your equipment or to presume that Russia and China don't also have technology that the US isn't aware of would be very silly of the US Government.

Lets not forget that the Russians and Chinese have a total of 103 subs and 40 destroyers. Your naval forces would be severely hampered by 100 subs.

Was there not a recent US drill where a Chinese sub popped up in the middle of it without detection? If a real event...it would be bye-bye 25% of US naval forces within about 20 minutes.

I think its highly stupid of anyone to under estimate ANY enemy...Russia and China know damn fine well how powerful the US are because they don't stop talking about it...but do the US know just how powerful Russia and China are? Do they? Do Theyyyy?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Actually I am not assuming they are there for combat operations. I am assuming they are there as a contingency and to project power to the Russians and Syrians, i.e. old school gunboat diplomacy.

As for evacuations, we normally do that through expeditionary strike groups with US Marines like we did in Libya. I am sure there is probably one close enough to respond in the event Syria goes to "hell in a handbasket".

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Amidst calls for all US citizens to leave Syria, the USS George H.W. Bush has arrived off the coast of Syria in clear defiance of Russian warships sent to help deter NATO from any action in Syria.

Since when does Russia dictate where our naval ships can go and not go?

This was a crock from the instant it was announced by Russia.

Made me think some 13 year old in Russia somehow figured out a way to commandeer the official Russian news agency or something...I was waiting for the retraction from the "adults"

It's all just a show...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustme333
reply to post by SplitInfinity

If I were a country with a U.S. carrier battle group off my coast....I would be VERY worried. Split Infinity

What, worried about a weapon even you say is not in service yet and probably not fully tested or approved..

And we know that for sue....maybe not in a carrier as that is far too much exposure.....but what a bout an Aegius cruiser? Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Most of the post Cold War designs, railguns, drones, exoskeletons, etc., are homegrown American.

Pretty sure the railgun was an Australian invention though very early designs were done by Hrench,British and German scientists..
Drones I haven't heard about..
So no, not all homegrown stuff there..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I think we have a very good idea how powerful they both are, but I highly doubt they have any idea how far we are in the world of black projects, etc.

Keep in mind with the sub numbers, most of theirs are not quiet nuclear subs, but diesel. The Russians have 15 nuclear attack subs. The PLA have 6 nuclear attack subs. Sure some of them might get in close to strike groups, but most won't.

I should note the US has around 50 nuclear attack submarines.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustme333

I'm talking about current designs, i.e. the actual patents.

If we credited the original inventors of the idea, then technically all jet aircraft are French and all tanks are British.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join