It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. carrier sent to Syrian coast as tensions flare

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
Just want to make a quick comment. I've said this several times before.

When looking at the strength of the Combined US Military assets one must take two things into consideration. First it's not just the US your going to have to deal with. EU, UK, AU and most of the economically secure middle east.

Second and most importantly you have to realize that the best equipment in the would means nothing without the skills and experience to use it. Which the has been doing for the last ten years. Fighting in major conflicts around the globe has turned our military forces into the most experienced, professional fighting force in the world.

Just my two cents

not to mention either .....

the financial agendas of the ones who have vested interests.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

When looking at the strength of the Combined US Military assets one must take two things into consideration. First it's not just the US your going to have to deal with. EU, UK, AU and most of the economically secure middle east.

Second and most importantly you have to realize that the best equipment in the would means nothing without the skills and experience to use it. Which the has been doing for the last ten years. Fighting in major conflicts around the globe has turned our military forces into the most experienced, professional fighting force in the world.

Just my two cents

the same military that has marines and army grunts carry these.. THE YELLOW CARD, you might wanna goggle that... I swear they are real.. They can even be taken off the front lines if stressed out..

Yep.. I am confident, they can go toe toe with the Chinese and the Russians..

Not trolling just trying to teach...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
here we go again, america wanting to go to war with yet another country. if they take on the russians and chinese as well then hell mend them. more trillions of dollars and lives lost yet again. hitler was just as bad.
americans are all brain washed and no wonder they are turning into the most hated country in the world.
google how many countries are sick of invading americans all the time.
try it here and we would fight to the last man as we did in world war 2. america didn`t even want to help europe until pearl harbor happened. remember vietnam, you didn`t win that either.
look after your own before you kill others and end up bankrupt spending it all on guns and killing brits etc with so called friendly fire.
edit on 24-11-2011 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The goal of Is Ra El is to use the US as its hammer to beat down the world. In the end the US will be subdued and weakened beyond recovery leaving Israel in charge. Look behind every US policy that leads to war. You will find a(n) Israeli think tank/advisor(s).

quote]Originally posted by scotsdavy1
here we go again, america wanting to go to war with yet another country. if they take on the russians and chinese as well then hell mend them. more trillions of dollars and lives lost yet again. hitler was just as bad.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

www.snopes.com...

looked it up. Choosing what you want to believe huh?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

its real.. A marine told me how troops were using it during the invasion of IRAQ... Believe what you want thou.. I did not record our conversation. Why would he make that up anyway? If its a myth as well, who would make that crap up?

The armed forces are not the way it was when your parents were in it, that is for sure....

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

If a soldier's ability to do his job on the front lines is compromised, maybe a commander might make the decision to take him off the front lines, but if you're referring to the old "stress card" myth it is just that... There's no such thing officially.

To stay on topic, I would really like to see the leadership of my country stop playing around and focus on the homefront rather than expanding our empire and pissing off Russia like this. I'm not in the mood to go fight an avoidable war, personally. Our move to put up missile defense systems so close to them is comparable to shoving a shield in someone's face and saying, "come at me bro".

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

Just my two cents

the same military that has marines and army grunts carry these.. THE YELLOW CARD, you might wanna goggle that... I swear they are real.. They can even be taken off the front lines if stressed out..

Yep.. I am confident, they can go toe toe with the Chinese and the Russians..

Not trolling just trying to teach...

Now I have been a long time lurker and reader of many a post on ATS but I had to join to reply to this .You sir seem to know quite a bit about our/my military, suggesting that while on the front lines we carry these magic get out the the suck card.As a 11bravo Infantry man in the US ARMY who has been (on the front lines) these cards do not exist or have been in any pocket of my guys .

If anything they were blue cards and it was a Navy basic training program they did away with back a few years ago..
www.snopes.com...

Ok I can step off my soapbox now.

Teaching - 0
Trolling - 1

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

look after your own before you kill others and end up bankrupt spending it all on guns and killing brits etc with so called friendly fire.

Also the Brits have killed plenty of their own men that we had did yours.

we would fight to the last man as we did in world war 2. america didn`t even want to help europe until pearl harbor happened.

Your classic of example of damn if we don't and damn if we do. Because of two World Wars Europe started, we had to set up military bases to prevent you guys from acting aggressively toward each other. As for america didn't even help Europe, where was Europe during the Bosnian War for the last three years while oh the people were dying and getting killed, even it's your own backyard?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfather6672
Now I have been a long time lurker and reader of many a post on ATS but I had to join to reply to this .You sir seem to know quite a bit about our/my military, suggesting that while on the front lines we carry these magic get out the the suck card.As a 11bravo Infantry man in the US ARMY who has been (on the front lines) these cards do not exist or have been in any pocket of my guys .

If anything they were blue cards and it was a Navy basic training program they did away with back a few years ago..
www.snopes.com...

Ok I can step off my soapbox now.

Teaching - 0
Trolling - 1

+1. I've had military service as well, my family has, I've had friends, the list goes on. The card is a myth. I don't know why it persists. I always assumed it was a joke among old members of the military to the new members saying that the military is softer than it was before. I dunno.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Europe didn't start the two world wars, Germany did. Read your history first. We asked for America,s help because as we are such a small country compared to the states, we were running out of materials, planes etc but they sat and said no way were they getting involved.
Yet, they wanted our help in Iraq and Afganistan? Great country.....not!
And as for your military bases, you just wanted to be closer so that you could bomb Japan etc so don't give me that garbage that Americans are brainwashed into thinking they won the wars because they didn't, it was a combined effort.
edit on 24-11-2011 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Not that this is anything to do with the thread, but I'll bite for entertainment reasons...

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
Also the Brits have killed plenty of their own men that we had did yours.

That sentence makes no sense, whatsoever. But if you're on about British blue-on-blue, it does happen but not at the same frequency as with the US, who have quite different ROE and doctrines. Americans tend to shoot first and ask questions later, such as the case in Iraq in 2003 where some Marines decided to open fire on two British Land Rovers. The British Sgt, who got shot in the leg, was less than impressed, got out his vehicle and, while under fire from the Americans, proceeded to berate them on their poor ID'ing of the target...

Then there are the dozens of other incidents, such as the Tornado being shot down or the A-10 attack on British tanks, etc etc...

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
Your classic of example of damn if we don't and damn if we do. Because of two World Wars Europe started, we had to set up military bases to prevent you guys from acting aggressively toward each other. As for america didn't even help Europe, where was Europe during the Bosnian War for the last three years while oh the people were dying and getting killed, even it's your own backyard?

Give over. You obviously don't realise the EXTREME lengths the UK went to in order to get the USA involved in the War. Firstly, there was an extensive operation by MI6 in the US to persuade and cojole Congress to support us, the fight against the State Department which was full of Germanic descended US citizens who had a penchant for Hitler, the Tizard mission (where we basically gave you a leg up in RADAR, jet engines and other secret tech), the attempted blackmailing of the whole Carribbean in exchange for some obsolete destroyers, the promise for us to wind up our Empire after the war to allow US access to markets, the assistance we rendered which enabled the US to develop the A-Bomb and the loans which the UK was forced to pay off until only a few years ago..

I can go on, but it would seem you believe the whole "we came to stop you lot fighting" misty-eyed nonsense, as opposed to the self-serving reality of the US involvement in WW2.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

If the Military Might of the United States is released to its full potential: - Technology so advanced it would be hard to comprehend how far behind the Civilian world is. - Unrestricted Rules Of Engagement ( Total War ROE) - Productions facilities being activated / Revealed. - Iron Dome Complex activated - Full Mobilization / Draft enacted for the US Armed forces. - 20 Million man US Fighting Machine - Massive food stocks revealed - Large amounts of Oil reserves militarized in the us (Strategic Reserves , half the United States sits on Oil) - The complete fortification of United State Interstates / infrastructure (Important) - US Internet becomes militarized - 12000 US Abram tanks being activated , over 8000 currently in active use with a reserve of 4000 US Abram tanks. - Every single US submarine activated - Defensive underwater counter measures activated that will not let another submarine within 150 miles of the US coast lines without detection. - Stars Wars program is ACTIVATED. You guys have no idea what America could bring down on other nations if we are mobilized ---- Economic / Strategic mobilization. These are things i have learned in my classes with nearly one more year to go. Little less , 16 credits left before i have my BA. I can only take 12 credits at a time due to my schedule.
reply to post by milkyway12

I am just going to point out that as it stands currently the US has fiscal problems that could certainly affect the mobilization and day to day functions of many of the above.

China has the world's largest military, with 2.3 million active personnel and 1.2 million in reserve. By comparison America has under 3 million in total active and reserve personnel. They also have a much larger work force, production facilities and food production in vast rural areas. They have increased their military budget by 2.4 billion in less than 8 years and that of course increases accordingly (current estimation would be close to 5.5 - 6 billion). The US military budget for 2010 was $663.84 billion so as you can see while it's not on par, it comes within spitting distance.
The Chinese also have their own space program. This is just the tip of the iceberg as what the West knows is what they allow us to.Their tech is always cutting edge and requires a vast swath of global resources for their development. They too are a force to be reckoned with and the above regarding the US potential whilst impressive may not seem quite so when encountering a military that may equal or excel its force.
If two other superior forces combined, which would not be such a stretch with regard to the current tension surrounding Iran, the US might find itself in quite a bit of bother. As there is no proof Iran has Nuclear weapons, the people will not willingly fall into the same political trap of Iraq's WMD's to support killing for the sake of economic growth. I am sick of the war economy of America and the corporate pigs with their snouts in the trough of human misery.
Good luck with your credits.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather6672

So be it, as I was saying you do not have to believe me, and perhaps the ahem, Navy blue card is what that Marine, was referring too, during the invasion of IRAQ.. The fact remains thou, their was a BLUE card at one time or whatever in our MILITARY, which goes back to my main comment about, the GREATNESS OF our armed forces..

Whatever thou, beleive what'cha wish.. If you think the US armed forces is unstoppable and can beat all other countries with the waves of their hands so be it..

As I said I have heard stories from vets, people who left the military, telling me some interesting stories.. Having the stress cards was one of them, and I was appalled at the idea that these cards EXISTED at one time.. Like I said in the first place, why would people even make that up..

Ever since the Vietnam, vets left the Armed forces by the way, the United states military has and had gotten soft..

THIS IS FACT...

You can argue with me about that until you turn blue in the face... I will not change my mind on that...

We have no business in Syria, on their shoreline, or where ever.. I would hate for the truth to reveal itself, and have to say I was right..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Whoa! STIMULUS? So So Wrong! You mean spending on military adventures again? How do you think these get paid for???????????? How do you think Iraq and Afghanistan were paid for and are being paid for? BORROWING MONEY!!!!!!!!!! How do you think we got into this mess? Besides the Wall Street and Banking looting going on, it was getting into TWO wars at once, cutting taxes at the same time, and borrowing to pay for everything! We don't have the money! What we have is "Credit". What we have is IOUs. What we have is selling off future notes in Treasury bills. ITS ARTIFICIAL STIMULUS!!!!!!!! It's gigantic new bills that will have to be paid or defaulted on! If we need to STIMULATE our economy, we can do something better with it than killing people and increasing the power of the military industrial complex, which is already basically in control along with the bankers! War DID force us into great production in WW2, but we HAD to. Starting wars to stimulate economies is insane. How about stop letting Defense Contractors tell us something will cost X dollars and then multiply that with cost overruns almost every single time, while often not producing quality products? F35 put off for years and starting to cost so much we may cancel many of them. F22 fleet grounded on and off recently. The new destroyers too costly to build. the Seawolf too expensive. Faulty body armor. Cancelled projects that had already cost billions and billions....... HOW DO WE PAY FOR IT ALL OTHER THAN BORROWING IF WE ARE SPENDING MORE THAN WE TAKE IN??????? Owing the Chinese? Tell me.... who is it that actually has enough money to lend to whole countries? Who is in debt? Greece, Spain, Ireland, Portugal, Italy, Hungary, the US.... the list is long. So where does the money come from?????????? WHO IS LENDING ALL THE MONEY AND WHERE DID THEY GET IT?
edit on 24-11-2011 by jaxnmarko because: grammar

Heres a scary thought. What if...

The JCS, the presidents security advisor, and various members of the cabnet, and top ranking DoD members, along with the fed representives have gone over all the numbers and came up with the simple fact that..

Were BROKE, and were never going to pay off our debt. So...
There briefing to the president..

JCS chairman..

Mr president..we;ve run all the scenarios off our comabt super computer and if we do a pre-imptive strike against such-and-such a target we can expect a limited response from the old warsaw pact nations, i.e russia and its allies. We estimate a 20 percent loss in personel, and equipment. Course if we send in a covert team and hit the target in question they are expendible. We can disavow any knowledge of the events. And we would still get ruffly the same effect, then having a full military manuver. We can put all our forces in both afganistan and Iraq on standby alert. if a pincer movement of ground forces are necessary we can have our two armies with boots on enemy soil in 24 hrs.

JCS naval admiral..

Mr. president..we have five carrier battle groups in the med at this very minute, along with various support ships and submarines, were ready.

JCS Air Force general..

Mr. President...or bases in turkey, italy, germany and isreal are on stand-by alert. Our stratgic forces are also on standby alert. I can guarentee you sir you give my boys targets will use everything at our disposal. No other airforce in the world is our equal...will pound them flat, and ::chuckles:: look good on CNN for the folks back home..

Homeland Security chairperson..

Mr. President...We can instigate our black ops program "raven", once the order of attack is authorized, we won't have any problems with the citizens, or the senate or other goverment orginizations out of the loop. They will all tow the line for the good of the country. Any decession will be swiftly taken care of under the patriot act. Treason will not be tolerated..

The president...ah..you mean activating executive order 11940...hmm..it could work..continue...

Fed chairman..

Mr. president..were BROKE in fact were beyound BROKE, and theres I give it 6 months if that before everything falls apart. I agree with my collegues that the only way to fix the ecconomy is a full blown WAR. War is great for stimulating the ecconomy. I'm sure the propeganda department can spin something to churn up the national pride. To get the common folk up in arms. Lets not forget we did it after the attack on pearl harbor, and 911. Mr. President we of the fed are behind this operation 100%...

The president..

Hmmm..alot to think of gentleman...

What if..

scary...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

That is all true with a conventional war, but money won't matter once all the nukes are launched.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Anyone have any real news that says US aircraft carrier has been sent to Syria besides the BS posted on here?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Awful to hear some of the reactions to this news, while in other threads, people root for Ron Paul and his idea to end our policing of the globe.

This all must end. How sad to think our economy could turn around for the better at the expense of the lost lives of other people. Maybe I need a reality check.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

No, many American's don't feel the same as these warmongers on here.

For those that do, may they burn in hell.

They salivate at the thought of destruction around the world, even a charred earth, if they "win"

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
1. Yellow Card doesn't exist in the real world. Verified by my personnally experience in the past and several active military friends and family deployed overseas who I talk to on a regular basis.

2. Yellow Envelope does exist and it contains a white card that tells a soldier what type of injury he has sustained in a simulated injury. I remember having an STD card the whole time I was going through JOTC training in LA.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join