It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What time is it now?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

No matter what is veiwed it can only be veiwed now. Now is all that exists presently.
Your 'younger selves'? How many are you?
edit on 26-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Because you believe in other times and places you magic up more of you. There is only one of you and you are here and now.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

not so. You can view many places. Sometimes, if you're like me, you can start to map the little things that connect global affairs and peak a little into the future. Not through any sort of paranormal nonsense, but just because you know how the gears of humanity interlock, react, and work. Maybe I posted it here, I forget, but many years ago I posted what I thought was going to happen, and it's going just as I speculated: Russia in the middle east, China in the south pacific, Europe being economically troubled, and entwined into Russian affairs, America going the way of Russia in WW1.

These are things not yet here. Not yet now. Yet I can calculate in my head what's going to happen simply because I know my history and the way people work.

How many am I? I am me. But I have undeniably other personalities in my head, personalities I invented in my will, which are the extracts of who I was in those time periods. Do they have souls? I don't think so. Yet I can ask for their opinions. A consciousness preserved at a certain time. Perhaps when I was more innocent, or perhaps when I was justifiably angry. At some point in time, not now, these personalities were me. I was them. But I chose to no longer be that person, and reinvent myself, preserving a little piece of who I was then, should I ever desire to think in the patterns I did back then.

All the brain is, is a network of neurons with specific arrangements and conditioning to get an answer. It's like I take a mental snapshot of how this network is at a specific time, and preserve it for later use.

I am still me. But I have many "mes" created by me in order to create a diverse set of opinions. A sort of senate of my brain, able to review a problem quickly, and develop multiple strategies that I can choose from.

Yes I am here and now, but I am no longer then and there. Those snapshots of me when I was then are no longer now. They are the past. I have left them, and have been remade into who I am now. And undeniably, I will at some point in time kill who I am today, preserving him in my mind, and another personality will take up the role of being consciousness, and who I am now will be but an image in my brain, there but to speak an opinion of how I would resolve a problem at this point in time. A save point in my journey through life.

There is an old saying. "If you can see it, you can change it. If you can change it, you can destroy it". Think about that, if everything is now.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Most people suffer from multiple personality disorder but do not recognize it. Confusion, fear, anxiety, guilt and shame are the feelings associated with not knowing who you are. Which one is the real one?
It is no more than a belief in time that produces the separate identities, the separate identities are illusionary and so is time.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

no, that's bending what is real to fit your personal beliefs. I am myself. You want me to be something else because I don't fit into your view of the universe. I'm sorry, but this fact is your problem, not mine. I exist now. I do not exist yesterday. nor do I exist tomorrow. When I go to sleep, my brain with sort through the actions of the day and decide if they were good or bad, and attempt to alter how I respond in order to morph myself in what I want myself to be. In this act, a little piece of me phases away, and a little bit of a new me enters into my knowledge.

Time exists because I'm going to die. However, unlike most people, I have made it so I die more than once. Once in reality, many times in the mind.

It is not multiple personality disorder. It is willingness to accept that I am flawed, and that over time I must change for the better, and that in time...ha, time... in time, I will murder my own consciousness in order to grow into a better person.

We all do this in some way. One time, long ago, you did not understand time. You were a child, and you did not know what was going to happen tomorrow, much less what happened yesterday. Then you grew older. You understood hours, days, months, and years. Do you remember that one time your parent told you to wait x amount of time? How INCREDIBLY long it was to your young self? Now you look back and wonder why you thought it was so long. Because hours go by in seemingly minutes sometimes now. So you changed what you view time as. You applied what you want to be true onto what is true. We all do this in some way. I do it for my Christian faith. I want God to be able to create the world in 6 days and for it to somehow equal 14 billion years. But there is no simple way to do it. So I invent my own view. My own theory. God is like Dr. Manhattan in the watchmen, perhaps. Always working. Jesus said God never stopped working. Maybe a 5 day old God is making something while a 14 billion year old same spirit is on his thrown.

Look back to what I said. "If you can see it, you can change it. If you can change it, you can destroy it."

If all time was now, you could destroy death. But you can't do this. You will die. One day, the information that you exist will cease to be in this reality. And if all of time is now....then quite frankly, you don't really exist, now do you? And if you don't exist, then how can you be reading this?

Because you are reading this. Right now. And soon you will STOP reading it. The knowledge, in time, that what I said is what I said, will enter your mind. A meme will be created, where once it did not. And you will have to respond to that. You do not know what you are going to say before you read this. But I suspect that now you do, having taken the time to read it. Proving time exists.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It is very freeing when reality is seen for what it is and imagination (mind stuff) is seen for what it is. It dispells the confusion.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sir, imagination, and indeed dreams, are entirely different things. In my dreams, I live entire lives, gaining skills of people I never knew in reality. I was an airship captain during a world war on mars, in the trenches of ancient Rome's battles. I have traveled past stars, taking notice of a world and in an instant, seen its entire evolutionary history. I've walked with Thomas Jefferson and debated the validity of Bush's presidency with him. I have flown on mighty craft and floated through space in a atmospheric bubble, with just a pinch of gravity, swimming through the stars.

If you want me to see what this "mind stuff" is for what it is, and to see what reality is for what it is, I don't think you realize that the mind is a totally different weapon. A weapon in which not all wield the same way.

And like a Matrix, from my dreams, I learned skills I didn't even know I had for reality. In my dreams I have learned skills and put them to good use in reality. When you learn to master the mind as I have, you can control time as you wish in the dream. I have prepared for school boy fights in a dream, and beaten them with skills that would have taken months to learn in reality.

The mind, simply put, is not reality. And how you use your mind, is not how I use mine. In the valley of consciousness, where reality ceases and you become like a god of your own universe, you learn to do many things.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yes, you are consciousness and you can do anything. I agree totally. But there is not a separate you and a separate consciousness. You are where it happens when it happens as consciousness.

This is Nathan Gills view, if you are interested:
youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

But it is a separate me. I am not the person watching world war on a terraformed future Mars. That man was a young 30 something year old writer. From him, and observing his life, I learned to write better, and learned to fight martially better. This man had a completely separate life to my own. His life began in a hospital in what we call Newton crater, in a a city called Capaxia. He grew up there, he joined the Amero military to fight in their problems. To liberate Olympia, on a long uphill battle, from a Ruskano force.

That's not me.

You send me this video, about...well I'm going to be honest. About a person who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about and is either too stupid or too ignorant to view reality as it is, so desperate to view it through his lens. Because of what? Fear of death? Fear of reality? Fear of infinite? Doesn't mater. He's closed minded. Can't let reality show itself. He's right and everyone is wrong.

bah, I say.

Insanity I say.

It's metaphysical baseless none sense.

Now is now. Tomorrow is the future. yesterday is the past. Yesterday's me is dead. He exists on that day. Tomorrow me is not born yet. He will be born soon. Today me is going to sleep soon. Every day, a little bit of me dies, and a little bit of me is born. A mix of fiction and reality....Am I the only one capable of doing these things and still seeing the very obvious line of real and not?

The dream is not real. Reality is. Tomorrow is the future, and yesterday is dead.

If time doesn't exist, then neither do you.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

There are very few who actually see reality for what it really is and Nathan Gill is one of them. He does not fear death or reality because he knows what he is, he has seen the truth. I understand that it is a completely new way of seeing the world but truth does bring peace. Whatever is happening in the moment in your experience is real and what is not happening is not.
You are right when you say that if time does not exist neither does 'me'.
I exist as consciousness only.
Consciousness is.

'Me' is only a thought, an idea arising presently within consciousness. There is only presence.
No one is doing anything. Everything is being done.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Consciousness is dependent on the brain. One day your brain will not exist, and by proxy, neither will your consciousness.

You are right that it does bring peace. But many things bring peace. The idea of nonexistence. I mean, atheisticly speaking, you simply cease to be, has always brought peace to my chaotic mind, and I do not know why. And the idea of existing with Christ, too, brings peace now that I have become part of that religion.

The fact something brings peace does not indicate truth. Peace and truth are two separate things for human beings. Many things bring peace to many people.

Fact is, what you are asking me to do, is to think that because it makes sense to you, it must be true.

This is simply irrational.

I understand full well this line of thinking, and indeed to some level subscribe to it, but not completely, for I obviously believe time exists. It does not bring me peace, because it means that a mass murderer is innocent if he stops killing. It means that once a thief has stolen, he has not stolen once he succeeds. It means that once a rapist has done his crime, he has not raped. These things are unacceptable.
edit on 27-11-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I am not being irrational. I don't expect you to do anything. I didn't make you read the posts that you have already read and you can't unread them. It is done.
Only the ultimate truth can bring peace and understanding.
And Christ forgives all.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

yes he does, but to quote Christ, what is truth? I don't think the universe's structure holds it.

Fact is, all those crimes never happened if time doesn't exists. The only logical conclusion is that no crime ever happened. The murdered person never existed, the rape never happened. The thief never stole. Because those things are not currently happening now.

Indeed. How can forgiveness exist without time? There would be nothing to forgive.

The universe is a 14 billion year old killing machine, that's been killing itself for just as much time as it has been killing other things inside it. That is the everlasting now. Death is the only universal constant (and taxes?) And if Death is the always-now, then life doesn't exist.

There isn't any real proof to these things. It's all in the mind. And logic dictates that if time didn't exist, then you do not either. Nor does your consciousness. Because once there was a now where your brain did not exist, and one day long from now there will be a day it doesn't exist again. Without a brain, how does your consciousness exist? It cannot.

Time must exist, otherwise you do not.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

exactly, like when liars justify their powers from meaning lying for truth
if they believe that crap justification to what they do, how any conscious right wont conclude that their beliefs and best intentions doesnt matter there, they are liars it is all what they can do forever

it is really scaring but also as u said unacceptable

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

ah but people change all the time, throwing away their old selves once they are confronted for their specific truth in their lives. Then that old self is dead. But how is it he never existed? The failure of the old self is what maintains the structure of the new self. Without the old self, there is no new self. All those little awkward and embarrassing moments from our youth are what generated what we are today. If that is now, then how can I be different than that?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

u r different bc time is not free and truth is freedom, so there is always a free sense there that is u more then what u accept and look as doing while aware of being in conditions so meaning ur rights there more then ur responsabilities

unfortunately, it appears that times are done from knowing truth so through all and any freedom abuse by forcing it for time life, look at me well u cant understand what i mean, real slave to the will while aware of it and cant do anything else

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

this makes no sense. I can often see all the paths that I can go down and all the potential results. Sometimes I purposely do the unfavorable path to see if my speculation on the results are accurate, and usually it is.

I have free will. I see the choices. I make the call.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

u r not making sense, how what u just said has any relation with what u said previously about time ?

it is incredible how u look like hating each others while u r same free ones, only for what each mean his absolute freedom so only him, even when enjoying being same u run to take advantage of from focusing on ur tiny differences to realize ur free life as absolute value one

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Makes perfect sense. You said I was a slave to the will. Not true. I am my own will.

I do notice tiny differences. It's what makes me myself. I am not you because I am not like you. I have no interest in being like you. I only have an interest in being me, because I am myself. And in time, this me will change, as we all do. Because time exists, and thus I can change.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
Time does exist

I knew lots of people would rush to the defence of the actual existence of time, but you see "time" is just a tool created to measure apparent causation and/or relative motion and the distance moved.

But there is ONLY the eternally unfolding present moment situated in eternity, nor REAL time, which has obviously become a very persistent illusion, and one which some of us are beginning to break free of, to be present, and therefore REAL, and most fully alive.

This topic most certainly shows where people are at in terms of their psycho spiritual growth.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join