It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What time is it now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What time is it now you ask? It is currently fifteen past Spacetime.

But when will then be now? Now of course! But what happened to then?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Ps: The REAL question is:

What is Now?

kNOw... You are mistaken. The real question is: "To pee or kNOt to pee?"

Seriously though. The real question is "What is now?". Because the answer to that question is the answer to the question "What are we?"

kNOw it is kNot!

You could say Now is the Present, but they are both just werds used to define the same thing and werds are just werds, so what makes "Now" so special to rise above any other werd and have a special universal meaning?

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm sorry to tell you... but it's HAMMER TIME!

Please hammer.. don't hurt them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Its the end of time. Im calling it now.

End of time, NOW!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The present is the only thing that is real but thinking and even the language we use is primarily based on the notion of time.
The past only exist as a story in memories yet it has no reality in the present also the future only exists in the mind and imagination only you can never arrive at the future because when you do it is always the present.
There is only this moment now.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

BOTH finite AND infinite.

But its always now, so the whole pond moves with us, as the concentric rings ripple out from our own Lily Pad.

Grok.

Incorrect!

The "Now" as you call it, occupies finite, kNot Infinite, thus it is finite.

While it extends infinitely, that doesn't make it Infinite.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Does this mean I'm late for work...or early?

Here's what time it is now.
tycho.usno.navy.mil...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

What is Now?

Seriously though. The real question is "What is now?". Because the answer to that question is the answer to the question "What are we?"

kNOw it is kNot!

You could say Now is the Present, but they are both just werds used to define the same thing and werds are just werds, so what makes "Now" so special to rise above any other werd and have a special universal meaning?

Ribbit

It is special when you are able to fully participate in the now and know that what you are experiencing is all you.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Stop trying to make everyone else always wrong, and just be happy that its the end of time.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

"Now", i think, occupies a single, infinitely small point.

The idea that time is moving in increments seems absurd to me, I don't know why.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowstorm
I'm sorry to tell you... but it's HAMMER TIME!

Please hammer.. don't hurt them.

I still think it's tool time. Wait a minute... I just had a profound philosophical realization of enlightenment! Hammer time and tool time are one!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I'm tentatively agreeing with your illustration, except that, this atomic box of slime we inhabit is somewhat beholden to the laws of atomic slime...and I say, somewhat...there are tales of 'bodies' being immune to degeneration...and it seems science has rediscovered that every cell in our box of atomic slime is replaced each year with a 'pre', and, 'running' program, through the auspices of a blueprint provided by DNA.

The instrument (if you want to refer to it in this way) is the you, who is always, 'You', regardless of what rundown carcass you inhabit.
This 'You', operates in a 'non-time' (while the slime around you degenerates)...
This non-time is the now...the only 'location', 'locum', 'locale', that you can 'be'.

You cannot 'be', in the past...and you cannot 'be', in the future...
You are in the now.

This 'now' time is what becomes glaringly obvious when 'out', of the box...as the past, and the future...become irrelevant...

Akushla

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shepp

The idea that time is moving in increments seems absurd to me, I don't know why.

Nothing in particular, re-cognized - is everything already always now and forever, so its also infinite large!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

What is Now?

kNOw it is kNot!

Ribbit

It is special when you are able to fully participate in the now and know that what you are experiencing is all you.

So silly!

What's special is to exist in the Now, all the while knowing you have existed in the Then and will exist in the When, so the Now is just a mandatory stopover from the When going to the Then.

Ribbit

Ps: When is a good Time to pee? Now, Then, or When or all 3 or Never?

If I dew it Now, I will pee my pants but if I dew it When, it will give me Time to unzipped my britches and pull the dillywacker out and pee somewhere else besides in my pants.
If I did it Then, Then I don't kNeed to pee any longer and if I Never pee, you don't want to be around When I explode.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Praise God halleylulia there is no time! (to the sound of angelic cheers!)

Phew! What a relief!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Imagine that in the hands of WE THE PEOPLE, the mountains of historical causation we could move if moving in congruent alignment with the universe and reality as it REALLY is, and not as ignorant man as presumed it to be..

YES...imagine the change!

Akushla

link   

I think I know what you're saying. We just need to think about the meaning of "infinity" in the right way and your point becomes crystal clear.

link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Stop trying to make everyone else always wrong, and just be happy that its the end of time.

Time never ends, just like Human Stupidty never ends.

It could even be said that Human Stupidity is the Source of Time, since both are Infinite.

j/k

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shepp

Time would have to move and in moving, it has to have set increments to follow or We'd experience Time fluxuations that would be visible to the naked eYe.

Ribbit

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join