It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What time is it now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You know how serious we are about "time", how real we think it is.

I would purport, however, that the whole concept of time being real is utterly absurd, nonsensicle, and ridiculous. Let me show you:

We measure time in accordance with the earth's rotation in space, and calendar time by the earth's annual wabbling rotation around the sun. We don't worry about galactic time of course, or universal time, except to say that the universe is somewhere around 20 billion earth rotations around the sun or "years" old, and so on the basis of that, we think time is real, as a measure of causation, as relative motion in space-time. Then there's the time for atomic decay, so we set it on that, the second, and then build from there, a time-based reality of past - present - future. Tick tick tick tick.

But what time is it now?

Really.

Our sun is a fifth generation star, our galaxy some day is due to collide with another one already on it's way, and everything's moving this way and that way all within the frame of one eternally unfolding present moment, in the midst of two eternities whether you actually believe in the big bang or not. If like me, you believe in an evolutionary eternal recurrence through the continual "death" and "resurrection" of the Akashic Field or the Zero Point Field which (or who?) is fully informed and self-aware in eternity (having had plenty of time to become self realized while at the same time requiring our own self realization to become an authentic expression of what is real and true) then you will KNOW with absolute certainty, that the whole notion of time is an illusion, nothing more.But isnt it a persistent one, and one upon which our entire false reality matrix is, founded..?

So what time is it now?

It's time to wake UP!

Some of us need clock time to survive or to make our way in the world economically - fine. Its there we can use it.

But in the grand scheme of things, there is no time, except the present moment in eternity already always now and forever. Its here. Now, It happened, time caught up with itself, and then ended.

What time is it now?

What an absurd presumption!

Its ridiculous, nonsensicle, but I know many here at ATS will come rushing to the defence of time as being real, because without time, whats there for the ego to do?!

My God what will we TALK about?

Does this mean that the creation as the eternal flow of life will come to an end? Dont be absurd, since what is already is what it is, already, and the occurance of whats happening is whats happening, and it cant not be what it is and is becoming, in eternity, now.

So like the mind, time is just a tool.

I hope we can learn how to use it creatively, and wisely as a tool, without being its slave any longer.

In the name of the end of time, smash a watch and burn a calendar, and think of me.

Cheers,

NAM
Reporting,
from the end of time AS the end of time here in eternity already..

edit on 24-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I believe time is a creation of the mind. But sometimes I think: "What isn't, though?".

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Because time is absurd nonsense, everything that is real and true, is timeless.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
"Does anybody know what time it is?"

"TOOL TIME!"

jk

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I agree completely...
Now...is the only time we can be 'in'...body, mind, and soul (here in this box of atomic slime).

The past, is a memory (imprinted as it might be - smells, colors, emotions etc)...we can not (in this box of atomic slime) affect the past...we can 're-live' the past through memory, and whatever is imprinted on it, but we are not 'there'.

The future can be, 'imagined' (with associated smells, colors and emotions)...but, equally, we are not, 'there'.

Encased as we choose to be, in this box, the only time which actually exists...the only flavour of time which can be affected in a direct and effectively immediate fashion...is, NOW...

Cheers
Akushla

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What Time is it Now?

Answer: Finite!

There is no other answer, considering Time is a linear constant, always moving forward in increments of finite.

Ribbit

Ps: The REAL question is:

What is Now?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Time is something we observe so that we are, god forbid, not punctual... For all other intents and purposes time may well not exist, and i don't believe it does as the extent that you can rip a hole in time and travel back, i think its absurd. Time is but a happy calculation for the hours minutes and rotations ect ect

edit on 24/11/2011 by ThorsBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Because time is absurd nonsense, everything that is real and true, is timeless.

That is kNot correct for your Soul has a birthdate, a beginning, which requires Time to be involved.

Just because Mother is Infinite, doesn't mean WE are, for the truth is, WE IS.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

"TOOL TIME!"

jk

If only it were that simple.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

"TOOL TIME!"

jk

Actually, i do believe it is Hammer Time!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Therefore the arrow of time can be MOVED, if its a tool.

For example, novel forms, which to be creative can only arise in the imagination, come, if from anywhere, from nowhere and everywhere in the no-time time of eternity (not quite the future, which itself is something imagined only).

Thus, an arrow of time which comes from above demonstrates this process, and where it touches down through our creative action, what we get isnt something linear, but wave-life, as if from a stone dropped in water, thats a new conception of time made possible when its considered not REAL but only a tool.

The arrow may also be pointing UP, wherein all that is learned is fully integrated (imagine the waves rippling back in) and then in re-integration and recognition, novel forms are born within the vaccum created, since only new possibility can emerge from such a state of tension, and then down comes the arrow again in inspired creative action - no linear time at all.

A tool. Time itself as a tool.

Imagine that in the hands of WE THE PEOPLE, the mountains of historical causation we could move if moving in congruent alignment with the universe and reality as it REALLY is, and not as ignorant man as presumed it to be..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Ps: The REAL question is:

What is Now?

kNOw... You are mistaken. The real question is: "To pee or kNOt to pee?"

Seriously though. The real question is "What is now?". Because the answer to that question is the answer to the question "What are we?"
edit on 24-11-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
I agree completely...
Now...is the only time we can be 'in'...body, mind, and soul (here in this box of atomic slime).

The past, is a memory (imprinted as it might be - smells, colors, emotions etc)...we can not (in this box of atomic slime) affect the past...we can 're-live' the past through memory, and whatever is imprinted on it, but we are not 'there'.

The future can be, 'imagined' (with associated smells, colors and emotions)...but, equally, we are not, 'there'.

Encased as we choose to be, in this box, the only time which actually exists...the only flavour of time which can be affected in a direct and effectively immediate fashion...is, NOW...

Cheers
Akushla

The truth is We can affect the past by affecting our future.

Ribbit

Ps: Note the use of werds ("the" past & "our" future), they are specific.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

BOTH finite AND infinite.

But its always now, so the whole pond moves with us, as the concentric rings ripple out from our own Lily Pad.

Grok.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother

"TOOL TIME!"

jk

All I know is:

"Time marches on. Time marches on."

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

What is now?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

"TOOL TIME!"

jk

Are you gong to smash a watch! Right on, yeah!

Pics or it didnt happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

What is now?

This

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by NewAgeMan

Time is something we observe so that we are, god forbid, not punctual... For all other intents and purposes time may well not exist, and i don't believe it does as the extent that you can rip a hole in time and travel back, i think its absurd. Time is but a happy calculation for the hours minutes and rotations ect ect

You cannot go backwards IN Time, you can only move forwards in Time and in increments of finite.

But what about OPENING a hole into Time, via two linked Time Portals (aka: Stargates), and traveling to anywhere within this dimension of the Universe and in a finite amount of Time?

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Yes.

Uh, can I have a star for the OP, for killing time? Thank you in advance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join