It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Viewers Know Less Than People Who Don't Watch Any News: Study

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Thats hilarious.....

Know whats funnier? Is at the bottom of the web page it says 43% of the people polled were Democrats.......

Odd..........sooo.........what does that say about the findings?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I happen to like Fox News. Of course I work for them so....

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Of course they all lie and give the "news" their own twist, it's just that Faux News does it so badly that it is far easier to see and people still believe what they say.

Fox has admitted that they are not a news program. They call themselves "news entertainment". Which just reinforces the resemblance to WWE "sports entertainment", although the "WWE Superstars" do have significant athletic ability and Faux News journalists have no journalistic ability.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Without looking at the stats, I can tell you why: Fox news isn't news as much as it's opinion.

That's EVERY news network. ABC, CBS, NBC, you name it, every single one is biased and opinionated. I stear clear of TV today. None of it speaks the truth anymore.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Thats hilarious.....

Know whats funnier? Is at the bottom of the web page it says 43% of the people polled were Democrats.......

Odd..........sooo.........what does that say about the findings?

Who woulda guessed.

Hmm maybe cause Fox is Rep and CNN is Dem... All news sources has their own agendas.

I say every single poll that's been done from the beginning of time, unless you poll every single person, polls dont mean crap! It's a BS way of telling people what the masses think.

Just because half of someone believe in one thing, does not mean that another half with do the same or even opposite. Polls are as useless as the people who take them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Aint this the TRUTH!!!

Watching Fox news and actually BELIEVING it is like evolving BACKWARDS!!!

edit on 23-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Haha! I say the same thing about CNN. Actually... I say alot worse.

2nd

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I get my current events from watching South Park

did you see south park's version of ancient aliens +thankgiving on tv yesterday?

you would know as much about new england history as the average presidential candidate.

the aliens managed to open a worm hole, wipe out the indians, and steal the stuffing mine before thanksgiving.

fox news is a cult, disinformation + lies and propaganda, feeding their devotees.

i'll always remember fox coverage of the mother theresa funeral.
it was like watching beavis and butthead, bimbos who knew nothing about mother theresa.
fox is when news becomes ignorance and stupidity made into a cult.
feeding poison to those in love with a lie.
edit on 24-11-2011 by citizen6511 because: add

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
Fox is no worse than any other msm.

Exactly. What I found disturbing from the OP is that there are still people who watch MSNBC.
Ya' gotta' be kidding. That's just as bad .. if not worse .. than FOX.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
They may be less likely to know about the bs happening on the other side of the globe, but they are well informed of the bs the government is trying to pull on them here in the US. The news chooses what is important, and manipulates you into thinking the same. The uprising in Egypt is not as important as what is happening to our country. If you or any others feel it is, it's not to late for you and all your hipster morons to fly to Egypt and occupy Cairo

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Maybe this & other polls are enough to keep Fox News from being basic cable's basic news station. This is why it's the #1 news because it's standard with every cable outlet.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Actually if the main stream media was really Liberal why wouldn't you be hearing about this story as much as we heard about the Global Warming emails proving it fraud?

www.nydailynews.com... =false

www.claremontportside.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You’re kidding right. A whole study done on 100 people that proves watching a TV show is informativ­e. I have seen some polls that carrying 1000 people just to see who is the front runner in a race. I can have my 13 year old son talk to more people in a day, to get a study for what type of Xbox games are better.

Give us all a break, when a proper scientific study is actually done, then submit for reference. This study is beyond wrong it has never been right

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
lmao.

I gotta say pretty soon anyone that watches faux news will be considered a kissing cousin type of being.

"You got a purdy mouth..."

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

The Fox weather girl keeps me very entertained.Her name is Maria Molina.So hard not to make immature innuendo type puns in my head everytime I hear her present the weather.'The Five' is worth a look too because it has Kimberly Guilfoyle.And how hot is Ainsley Earhardt?And Courtney Friel?And Marianne Rafferty?Julie Banderas and Megyn Kelly arent too bad either.And there is always some hot little Republican blogger as a guest on OReilly or Hannity.No wonder they are number 1 in 'news entertainment'.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
There is no unbiased news stations or papers anymore.
They are entertainment and politically driven anymore.
For the average day citizen,this is the main source of news and the only info they get about what is going on around the world.
I am missing Walter Cronkite .
And if you start dissing W.C.,don't go there.I will throw Megyn Kelly in your face.
Which you could throw her on my face,just cause she is pretty hot,but not the news.

edit on 24-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but I'm going to have to dis Walter Cronkite, he got the Global Governance award from World Federalist Association for his work, he was a total globalist. Not that I'm against people of the world being in harmony with each other, I'm just very, very against governments of the world being in harmony with each other.

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." -Jefferson

All mainstream news sources are propaganda...the more things change the more they stay the same.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Without looking at the stats, I can tell you why: Fox news isn't news as much as it's opinion.

Well, if you would have looked at the stats, before communicating how little you know, you would have seen that the number of people who answered "Yes" to TV or cable news, are way out of whack with ratings.

Either that ratings are wrong or this study is wrong, or both!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

Well, if you would have looked at the stats, before communicating how little you know, you would have seen that the number of people who answered "Yes" to TV or cable news, are way out of whack with ratings.

Either that ratings are wrong or this study is wrong, or both!

Forrest Gump,
"Stupid is as stupid does."

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The scariest part about Fox News is their pro war commentary. There is so much fear mongering on this channel, and even the "Hot" Fox News chicks talk war 24/7.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
CABLE NEWS RACE
VIEWERS NITE OF 12/12/11

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,271,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,168,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,030,000
CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,642,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,440,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,281,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 877,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 830,000