It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My flawless Survival plan, I think..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Yes, we do have the skills and tools in discussion here. I always suggest that people go ahead and move to the country and start living the lifestyle while they can.

First off, to wait until you have to is waiting until it is too late.

Secondly, living self sufficiently and in the country is rewarding, fulfilling, and wonderful. You gain a renewed sense of confidence, independence, and make some wonderful relationships. Plus, it is financially rewarding... cut your costs of food, heating, living, etc.

Lastly, you live in a perpetual laboratory where you can try new ideas, things read in a book, see what really works and what doesn't...and the experience is priceless... and healthy.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Hows it sound?

Sounds like you or anyone else nearby will not ever get scurvy.

Sounds like you have a plan that will work.

Your only problem is going to be people.

When crisis hits people get crazy and violent. And do rash things.

Do you have a plan do deal with large hoards of crazy violent rash hoards of people?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I know there are certain survival scenarios this one
is for say the power grid goes out from a solar flare...
Economic collapse something on those lines..

I live in an area that is subtropical.

A lot of lakes, thousands around, so water would not be an issue
as far as getting it and boiling it. Does not get too cold in the winter,
hardly ever drops below freezing. Also there are thousands of acres
of orange groves. You can year around find fruit producing orange trees.

I could boil and drink the lake water, and live off oranges until things got better.

There is enough to feed thousands of people as my area producing most of the oranges
for the entire country...

Hows it sound?
edit on 23-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

For such a "Flawlesss survival plan" as the title claims, I expected to see some interesting ideas that were perhaps... flawless and unique, of-course.

But in all honesty, even Beavis and Butthead would have came up with this one!!

"Flawless survival plan" = Eating and drinking. Wow, I would have NEVER thought of that one!!!!! *SIGH*

edit on 23-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Need some protiens and fats in your diet. Plus a source of fire to boil your water

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Oh, by the way... although you may be armed... a good way of knowing you have mastered being a survivalist is to never have to fire a shot... unless you are hunting... that is the goal.

kinda' like the Chinese Tsen Zhu idea that the best way to fight and win a war is by never having to fire a shot.

good food for thought. I wouldn't want a bunch of dead bodies laying around my farm....
oranges alone are a bad idea. you need more for sure.
Do you have hunting skills and equipment for whatever dwells in your area?

I am really good at trapping troublesome possum, armadillos, squirrels, I have a few of these cages

Now I am not above eating anything if I have to, and I even help neighbors catch these critters,
a lot of stray cats too, which I could mix with the orange diet and also fish.

Yes I understand the hostile crowds ect. but we can not plan for everything
so right now I am covering the basics before I get to the self defense right now..

I also have canned food stockpile that i add to little by little every month have
a few hundred cans so far.. Just me and my lady no kid's..

Also a lot of cows and cow pastures but I do not want to steal another mans cow
in his field, but there is that option...

I am kind of scattered, I have my hurricane emergency kit
Water
ƒ Food
ƒ First aid supplies
ƒ Clothing and bedding
ƒ Tools and emergency supplies
Got a wind up radio/led/noaa weather alerts ect. (even a little tv in it)...

Thanks for all the replies so far, I looooove fishing, but I know the lakes will
be filled with people trying to fish. I have a casting net and catch my own bait...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

Need some protiens and fats in your diet. Plus a source of fire to boil your water

I got a stockpile of lighters in vacuum sealed bags I have one of those air vacuum
machines..

Also I keep a few old car batteries around I can always use to spark a fire..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

Hows it sound?

Sounds like you or anyone else nearby will not ever get scurvy.

Sounds like you have a plan that will work.

Your only problem is going to be people.

When crisis hits people get crazy and violent. And do rash things.

Do you have a plan do deal with large hoards of crazy violent rash hoards of people?

I got a glock 40
12 gauge shotgun
and a winchester 94 rifle..
I can shoot but im no rambo
i'm not looking for a fight.

Caught my fare share of gaters to..

Two a year were allowed, usually between 6-9 feet
nothing huge.
edit on 23-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Shelter,
water,
food, that is the main thing first....

Now can you help contribute or just poke fun?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Yes , learn first aid and triage skills.......

If i were you id take an EMT/ first responder class

I would also stock up on first aid supplies........and ways to improvise said devices..........

Staying alive is good but eventually somethings going to happen.........so nice to be able to minimize/fix the problem.....

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Forget the oranges. The first freeze and thats over.

the other things are fine. If I had to make a recommendation I would say put back a few hundred pounds of wheat and a good quality flour grinder. Seal in mylar with oxys.

why?
1.if you can render a clean animal fat with not much smell or press oils from plants and nuts you have a mega supply of tortillas and with some rice and beans and some of your diced meat and spices...you can get by.

2.if your wise enough for storing the other things you can bake bread in a clay or mud oven.

3.if you learn how to sprout, you dont need vitamin supplements wheat sprouts and others are huge in a survival diet.

4.if you learn to plant wheatgrass in trays you have that juice year round.

5. If you plant wheat, it will give 7-15 grains for every single grain you plant. depends on the variety.

Thats the best advice i can give in the present market. put it in mylar and watch the price go up. use when you need.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Honestly, your body will let you know when it needs more than just one food (like oranges) it'll be instinct and if your smart you just follow that instinct. (hunt, fish or eat greens/roots) If we pay attention to our bodies they do lead the way.

Have fun with your new adventure!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Well, you are going to need more than just what oranges can give you if you want to survive. You will need protein. If others have the same plan as you (and they do), you may find yourself eating a ton of oranges to try to survive on only them.

Who owns the oranges? The rich will be prepared to guard their food. Don't go getting shot. Sounds like you're in Florida, in which case you need to find a means to leave. When it goes down, Florida is going to be the first state to devolve into a blatant murder state. Too many sociopaths in Florida. More than any other state in the united states. Just get out of dodge.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

What about wood to keep it going

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This particular post was much more apt than your original. I applaud you for starting the process, and suspect that your hurricane kit, is the start of a good survival kit, though made only for short term, and you seem to be thinking longer term with the food stash, so good.

Its a start, now stop, and start over, go more indepth, consider what a humans body requires to survive, protien, fats and carbs=you have a start here with the traps, but they are hard to move and carry, consider snares, light weight, wire type, easy to transport, stashed in your pack, also the fishing is a great idea, and the items needed to suceed are minimal, so you are on your way. Veggies anyone?-go to your local conservation office and see if they have a wild edibles book for your area-many do, these wild plants can provide the same vitamins and nutrients as garden veggies, and often are a better source(try to find one with actual pictures, not illustrations). Try the snares, learn to use them, nets even work on birds with practice, and can be folded into a small package for transport.
Doesnt hurt to have a couple days worth of MRE's either, incase you cant stop to eat for a few days.

Shelter, learn how to build one from the items available(ie. limbs, etc.) then find a strudy tarp, and pack it with your stuff, makes sheltering all that much easier. and overturned boat makes a great shelter BTW.

Fire-flint and steel or a magnesium bar-both light weight, and absolutely necessary, magnesium doesnt require the wood to be dry for it to catch.

Water-The post from the person about the sock filter-GREAT idea, and the ingredients can be carried in zip locks in your pack. Boil, Boil, Fire burn, and Cauldron bubble-also a great way to treat water if you have the time. Your go bag needs to have a couple of bottles of water purification tables for fast water supplies(you can buy them at Walmart for 5 bucks).

Clothing- sturdy shoes that DONT HURT YOUR FEET-wear them, break them in , and then put them in your bag. Socks and several changes-theres nothing worse than wet feet when your trying to get out fast, or have to walk for miles and miles, and wet feet eventually will cause issues. Sturdy clothing that is interchangable-pants that zip off to shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, a waterproof jacket-gloves sturdy, think natural fabrics with a low tendency to wear out, and that breath- linen and wool are great they breath are warm in winter, cool in summer, even wool is cool in 90degree weather if worn over linen that breaths a great deal. Think Layers that can be added or removed according to the weather. You might not have much of a winter, but it doesnt take much cold to make you sick when you live in a florida climate all year round. Especially if your body is limited on its food intake, or your getting less than the desired vitamins and minerals.

Necessary tools-this is entirely up to you, and depends on experience, and ability. My pack has a good knife, sharpening stone, and hand ax(which doubles as a weapon since I am very good with it), and thats it. Others may have better advice on this.

Personal security- me, I carry a 22 rifle, a sig Misquito 22 pistol, and a bow. They are all items I use on a regular basis, and I could kill you with all of them, the rifle and the bow at a distance. Dont think a tiny 22 isnt lethal, it is if you know where to aim, and can hit your mark, if nothing else its gonna slow them down long enough for me to get away. And of course extra ammo.

First aid- I carry a generic small first aid kit,snake bite kite( as I live in poisonoius snake country), some descent size bandages, antibiotics, a jar of ibuprofen, and some benedryl-all things I would need-this is my small pack.
My large pack has many more items too numerous to mention.

Funds- I carry silver, in small sizes, some average coin, and some cash.

This all fits in a back pack, its usually within reach. I have a BOB, a longterm BOB(several in fact that can be tossed int he back of the truck, and a get home bag in the car in case Im caught out, I live in an ever changing climate, so the contents are always changing, if you think about it DO IT, because if you dont Murphys Law says your gonna get caught with your pants down-DONT-be prepared.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

There is enough to feed thousands of people as my area producing most of the oranges for the entire country... Hows it sound?

Sounds like you'd be looking at the end of an orange farmer's gun real soon!
And you can't just live off of fruit... it's 99% water!

Hmm.. on second thought - this is a GREAT plan! I encourage everyone to head straight for Florida!
Good luck!

edit on 24-11-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
catch fish..
Grubs, Cockroaches, Worms are good protein sources as well...
Get seeds start a garden...

Start learning basic skills now and dont rely on all the high-tech toys..

Theres far more to surviving than what could be summed up in a short forum post..

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Sounds like you are in central to southern Florida. Have you considered the scenario of a physical Pole Shift. Talk about "Shift Hitting The Fan!" Your quasi-subtropical location might end up above Nova Scottia somewhere. Remember the Mastadons found in Siberia flash frozen with vegetation still in their teeth? Anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

Great post thank you...

Also thanks for everyone who has contributed to helping
me understand how to be better prepared.

Also these orange groves have no gates and are literally
5 feet from the road.

It would be almost impossible for the farmers to guard them all..

With the oranges and protein with fish and the other basic survival techniques
you folks have posted has given me great starters to work with..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Sounds like stealing from someone to me...those trees belong to someone!! or some company...either way you'd be a tresspassing thief!!! SO go ahead...roll the dice, its your plan!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog

Sounds like stealing from someone to me...those trees belong to someone!! or some company...either way you'd be a tresspassing thief!!! SO go ahead...roll the dice, its your plan!

Well in a SHTF situation
I will do what I have to
for the family..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join