It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My flawless Survival plan, I think..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I know there are certain survival scenarios this one
is for say the power grid goes out from a solar flare...
Economic collapse something on those lines..

I live in an area that is subtropical.

A lot of lakes, thousands around, so water would not be an issue
as far as getting it and boiling it. Does not get too cold in the winter,
hardly ever drops below freezing. Also there are thousands of acres
of orange groves. You can year around find fruit producing orange trees.

I could boil and drink the lake water, and live off oranges until things got better.

There is enough to feed thousands of people as my area producing most of the oranges
for the entire country...

Hows it sound?
edit on 23-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

What if your head falls off?
Rule # 1 of survival. Dont tell a stranger your plans

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sounds like Florida!

2nd

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The first flaw is assuming any plan is flawless.

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.

I would prepare a pack of essential tools and items you would need. Hygiene and medical supplies are a must. You'd be alarmed at how quickly you run out of toilet paper lol...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
YOu cant live off of oranges alone.............

So right there your plan is DOA

The body needs more then that....

second, if people are aware of the area, plan on not being alone, and plan on fighting for that food.........

Better plan is to learn survival skills and get to a place thats better isolated.......

It sounds bad, but if you can survive in the harsher invironments you have a better chance.........its easier to survive places where no one wants to be.......

Learn the skills
edit on 23-11-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
ORANGES!?!? wait......... just oranges?
What about say protein? Fat content?

Ok so you won't get scurvy i guess that's something......

Go shoot a duck and cook it in orange sauce and you might have something going.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Sounds like a winner... make sure you got lots of fishing gear to go with all of that citrus and all of those lakes. Make sure you have a plan B in case all those groves become a magnet for the hungry masses in exodus from the cities.

Overall, sounds like you are sitting pretty. Let's both hope we don't have to deal with a mega tsunami.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
YOu cant live off of oranges alone.............

So right there your plan is DOA

The body needs more then that....

second, if people are aware of the area, plan on not being alone, and plan on fighting for that food.........

Better plan is to learn survival skills and get to a place thats better isolated.......

It sounds bad, but if you can survive in the harsher invironments you have a better chance.........its easier to survive places where no one wants to be.......

Learn the skills
edit on 23-11-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Ok what if I could throw some fish in there with the orange diet?

Also why could one not live off oranges alone?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Look i'm new to this survival stuff, I usually just read
in this forum, so I am trying to get proactive and this
is my start..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Sounds like a winner... make sure you got lots of fishing gear to go with all of that citrus and all of those lakes. Make sure you have a plan B in case all those groves become a magnet for the hungry masses in exodus from the cities.

Overall, sounds like you are sitting pretty. Let's both hope we don't have to deal with a mega tsunami.

I got a small 12 foot boat with 35hp motor....

and a trolling motor. So I could deal with a flood..

I am about 350ft above sea level
edit on 23-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Sounds like Central Florida to me!

You can just live off Oranges and Python and Gator meat!! Endless supply of cool boots and belts and vests. Swamp water is not the best drinking water though, so definitely need some training in improvised filters, or a some gear to distill or charcoal filter the water.

When SHTF down there, things won't really change much, LOL! Some of them ol' boggy boys already live off the land.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No shame in being new to a lifestyle... we are all new to a degree, and unless we actually live the lifestyle and use it consistantly... it is all academic and theory.

My suggestion would be to actually camp out a wekend and see how you enjoy a total diet of oranges. I think all of that citric acid might be too much... a varied diet with some other fruits and veggies and fish would be advisable... so go camping and see how you do.

Take only the barest of essentials, some fishing stuff, a few tools, and experience it. Take notes, and then refine your ideas... skills... and see where the problems were and how to address them... Then go camping again. This is what practice and lifestyle is all about.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

survival is situational awareness.....none of us, and i say none of us can really give you a good over view of your situation without knowing all the aspects....and as one said, 'the plan is only good until the first bullet flies'. To get your head around survival is kinda like being a spy, it isn't that you are trained to know how to get out of all situations. It is that you train yourself to understand the important parts of a situation and think around corners. Okay, so you are in an area, you have a good start by understanding what resources are in that area naturally. ........

Now, think....everything is gone, just you, clothes on your back, and the land around you. Okay, what is the first thing you will need? make a list, ie, water container(small)......etc.

Now think....everything is gone, just you, clothes on your back, and your family......Okay, what is it that you will need for you and your family to survive? make a list....etc

Going to skip a lot, because those who understand this won't want to go down that rabbit hole....

Last
Now think....everything is gone, it is you, your family, power is off. Hostile people are starting to move into your area. The food resources are not as productive as you thought they would be. It is fall, this was a quick occurrence to the end of normal society.....What do you need to stabilize you and your family for the winter and hostiles encroaching on what you have? Make a list.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You can't live off oranges alone because you need carbs, protein and fats in your diet to live. Oranges are mostly water with some vitamins(C) and minerals with lots of acid and fiber. You will lose weight like crazy, be very weak and probably have a lot of diarrhea. Try eating nothing but oranges for a week and you'll quickly understand why it's not gonna work.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
because oranges only contain a handful of nut's and no protein, your brain needs protein or else you start to lose excessive braincells,

you could also try small rodent's not pleasant but edible, have you considered fire, you will need a flint and iron sulfate,
survival is more than just food and water,
adequate shelter and heat, hunting techniques, filtering water in a rush, all really simple but you need to know these techniques to survive, lakes and oranges will make you sick in a month even with fish,

filtering water,
get a clean sock add some gravel to the bottom then some charcoal and then sand,
pour the water through the sock into a bowl or pot,
filtered pure water.

lighting a fire,
check out ebay for a camping flint only $1.50

looking to build shelters check out ray meiers on youtube.

edit on 23/11/11 by jayo121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Until a bit Tsunami from the Canary Islands or elsewhere.

Sounds like your planning has not been extensively thought through.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jayo121

because oranges only contain a handful of nut's and no protein, your brain needs protein or else you start to lose excessive braincells,

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh, by the way... although you may be armed... a good way of knowing you have mastered being a survivalist is to never have to fire a shot... unless you are hunting... that is the goal.

kinda' like the Chinese Tsen Zhu idea that the best way to fight and win a war is by never having to fire a shot.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

nut's if an abbrev of nutrients.

Protein is one of the basic building blocks of the human body, making up about 16 percent of our total body weight. Muscle, hair, skin, and connective tissue are mainly made up of protein. However, protein plays a major role in all of the cells and most of the fluids in our bodies. In addition, many of our bodies' important chemicals -- enzymes, hormones, neurotransmitters, and even our DNA -- are at least partially made up of protein. Although our bodies are good at “recycling” protein, we use up protein constantly, so it is important to continually replace it.

lowcarbdiets.about.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Oh, by the way... although you may be armed... a good way of knowing you have mastered being a survivalist is to never have to fire a shot... unless you are hunting... that is the goal.

kinda' like the Chinese Tsen Zhu idea that the best way to fight and win a war is by never having to fire a shot.

good food for thought. I wouldn't want a bunch of dead bodies laying around my farm....
oranges alone are a bad idea. you need more for sure.
Do you have hunting skills and equipment for whatever dwells in your area?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join