It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover Cop Assaults Journalist @ OWS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

which question would that be? How do you justify the statement that i dont support the constitution? What in anything that ive posted on this thread, would lead anyone to believe that I dont support the constitution? Who says that one group deserves it more then others? Can you please quote where I said that? Were you there? do you know how things went down? or are you doing exactly what you are doing with me and making assumptions without any proof behind them.........
Im sure you saw the question when I posted it, and you would have responded if you had an answer.
If you support the police action in the video you clearly do not support or understand the constitution. You clearly stated "It wouldnt happen to me because I dont support OWS and I have a job I have to attend, so that i can work my way to being a part of the 1%.... ". Which goes against the constitution.
Clearly I didn’t need to be there to see what happened in this video, it is quite obvious.

Also:

These cops doing this are just plants by the OWS movement to curry favor and make them look better....
How, if they are police?

You said that we shouldn’t condemn all police for these actions, and you’re right. Some individuals are not to blame even tho they are all there to assault people without legal authority. But the fact that undercover cops are assaulting people and not being punished proves that the police department should be condemned as it would have come from the top.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's not the fact that the guy was assaulted, which wasn't really much, that gets me, but the fact that none of the police would listen to this guy's cry. The media has highlighted the crime that goes on at these protests, and now I'm wondering how many of those crimes were preventable...
edit on 23-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Im sure you saw the question when I posted it, and you would have responded if you had an answer. If you support the police action in the video you clearly do not support or understand the constitution.

Did i say i supported the police action? Can you please copy and paste the sentence where I said i supported it?

I dont understand the constitution? Hmm another assumption......oh look, your new here arent ya .......might wana look through my posts to see just how much I understand or not before trying to attack me.....

You clearly stated "It wouldnt happen to me because I dont support OWS and I have a job I have to attend, so that i can work my way to being a part of the 1%.... ". Which goes against the constitution. Clearly I didn’t need to be there to see what happened in this video, it is quite obvious.

So what part of me working my way up so that I can have a higher wage , is against the constitution?
Sounds to me like you are the one who doesnt understand the constitution......

So you admit that you dont have to be somewhere to make a judgement call? That you can make full assumptions without being present and having all the facts........

Interesting...........then I guess you should have no problem with me not agreeing with OWS

How, if they are police?

Once again, are you saying that police officers cant be bought off ? Are you saying that its not possible at all that people could be planting these bought off cops in positions to abuse protesters, in order to further the OWS agenda!
edit on 23-11-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
what is it exactly that makes this guy an undercover cop?
edit on 24-11-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

sucker punch citizens

do you make all yor "facts " up ?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

sucker punch citizens

do you make all yor "facts " up ?

Thank you for your very helpful constribution to this thread.

To answer your "question," I do not make facts up. Thanks for playing!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It wouldnt happen to me because I dont support OWS and I have a job I have to attend, so that i can work my way to being a part of the 1%....
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

you are funny......... and clearly not very smart to think that you would ever be a "one percenter"

you do realize you are nothing but cannon fodder for the elite?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

This is something that people particularly from OWS are saying, while Murdochs NY Daily Post claim victims of assault or worse were ignored by OWS, the victims themselves claimed they reported to police nearby and were told to take to the GA's.

It doesn't matter whether or how hard the camerman was punched, it matters that he told about 50 cops he was assaulted, even pointing out his attacker and wasn't ever even acknowledged. The attacker just continually went behind police lines where the camerman wasn't allowed to go.

Sure the cop could have been bought off by OWS but, were the cops he reported the crime to, also bought off by OWS?
edit on 24-11-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by satron

This is something that people particularly from OWS are saying, while Murdochs NY Daily Post claim victims of assault or worse were ignored by OWS, the victims themselves claimed they reported to police nearby and were told to take to the GA's.

It doesn't matter whether or how hard the camerman was punched, it matters that he told about 50 cops he was assaulted, even pointing out his attacker and wasn't ever even acknowledged. The attacker just continually went behind police lines where the camerman wasn't allowed to go.

Sure the cop could have been bought off by OWS but, were the cops he reported the crime to, also bought off by OWS?
edit on 24-11-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

lol not only is the OWS paid off, but the cops are too...BY GEORGE SOROS!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

I know! I feel like I better get to Manhattan quick and grab up some Soros dollars! I've got some torn jeans and I can put some holes in a t-shirt, put a flower in my hair and play innocent hippie-chick too! Pepper spray me!

/end sarcasm

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This shows haw cowardly these people are when actually confronted.
well done to the chap with the vid recorder.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

This was weird. Coming up to a known journalist, hitting him, and going "Hey you lookin for a picture?"

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I really REALLY wish someone else got the actual "assault" on tape. I know Luke has had trouble with NYPD before and they know his face and by name. But you don't see anything, it happens too fast, out of frame, to actually state he was assaulted.

What I do find interesting is that he's walking past like 50 cops, telling them he's just been assaulted and has it on tape (not really though) and they just stare right through him.

But, does "We are Change" or whatever group Luke is affiliated with, actually have a press pass? Just because you have a camera doesn't make you a "journalist".

good on him for following the guy and getting a nice clear picture, which I can only assume, has been printed up on flyers and handed out to all the OWSers.

Undercover cops only remain undercover until you uncover them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

what is it exactly that makes this guy an undercover cop?

nothing. Technically he would be a plain clothes officer. The fact they he is continually allowed behind the police barricades into the areas only the NYPD are allowed to enter, shows that he is probably a cop.

similar things happened at the G20 when plain clothes RCMP officers were sent into the groups to "infiltrate" them. they wore black masks to cover their faces, but forgot they were wearing RCMP issue police boots. As well, once they started trying to instigate violence from the crowd, people tried to point out they were cops, tried to remove the masks, and they quickly walked THROUGH the police lines.

It was later admitted, thanks to use crazy hippies on the internet, that yes, they WERE RCMP, and they WERE paid to infiltrate the group. They stop short of admitted they were sent with the intent to incite violence, of course.

But yeah, with this specific case, the only thing pointing towards him being a cop is that he was allowed, no questions asked, to walk right through police lines WITH A BACK PACK, and no one batted an eye. Keep in mind, not even the press is allowed through those police lines.

They've got his face, it's on the intertubes, so it's only a matter of time before he is identified. i won't be surprised if he's a cop.

I still don't see him assaulting Luke though, but again, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he did. The NYPD has left that kid bloodied before

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

That is true. ANYTHING is possible these days so we will never know who is who and what is what. BUT the point is the officers on duty should at least attempt to make it appear they do not mind doing what the swore to do, if not, jump the fence and join OWS, and not just be spectators. There are enough people on the sidelines as it is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Areyoupeopleinsane

First thing is you obtain the police radio frequencies.

And that would be why they are, all over the us, encrypting these frequencies.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I did not see him go anywhere they were not allowed to go. The person with the camera was saying undercover cop towards the beginning of the video. Then I see a bunch of cuts in the video. I'm just not seeing anything that makes this guy a cop.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

I did not see him go anywhere they were not allowed to go.

like I said above, nothing proves he assaulted the guy, and nothing so far proves he's a cop. yet

=====ETA=================
1:20 walks right through police lines unquestioned

(after a cut "later that night")
3:40 gets picked up via a police vehicle

Still enough room to question obviously.
edit on 24-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
These cops doing this are just plants by the OWS movement to curry favor and make them look better....

You should stop judging LEOs by the act of just a few etc........

Im sure as a whole they dont support this kind of behavior ..etc

You get the general idea...........
edit on 23-11-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Where have I heard this before?? Oh yeah....

"These "Protesters" doing this are just plants by the Police to make all OWS Protesters look bad....

You should stop juding all Protesters by the acts of just a few etc....

Im sure as a whole OWS does not support this kind of behavior...etc

Ohhh you get the general idea

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I need to stay as far away from OWS protests as I can get. Had that asshole laid his hands on me I would have broken them. And you can bet that the moment I defended myself, I would have been set upon by his asshole buddies that were ignoring the videographers repeated requests for help and spent the night, or longer, in jail.

That was a clear case of an unprovoked assault - from BEHIND the cameraman. The degree of violence is irrelevant since ANY unwanted touching can be classified as an assault. So yes, I agree with the statement that this UC was a coward; AND a criminal to (jack)boot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join