It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who is the real enemy of humanity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It amazes me that so many people fail to see the real threat against mankind. Let's examine who bears the blame:

1. destruction of the planet- big business

2. corrupting governments- big business

3. poisoning our air, water and food- big business

4. bankrupting Americans through medical bills and other debts- big business

5. dumbing people down with propaganda- big business

6. building and perpetuating the war machine- big business

I could go on with this all day, but it should be pretty obvious for everyone that big business and corporations, along with their bought-off politicians, are the greatest threat to our future (along with population growth and climate change).

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Yet they try to make it seem we would be helpless without 'big business'.They need us,we dont need them.
edit on 23-11-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would say ourselves as a whole are humanities real enemy imo.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
And what allows for big corporations? Capitalism, and what fuels that? Greed.
So I conclude greed and putting materials before other people / animals is the greatest threat to mankind.
edit on 23-11-2011 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

This is an easy fix - reinstate the founding fathers version of state issued charters. It was an old idea but it prevented rampant corporatism for almost 135 years. Corporations are supposed to serve people. We just seemed to have had that bit of history removed from the classroom.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Fear is the biggest threat to mankind. All we have to fear is fear itself. You have a point though because fear is perpetuated by the mainstream media which is run by big business.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So who is the real enemy of humanity?

From what i have and continue to observe and research, honestly, i believe zionists are, along with certain royal families and afew secret societies and i believe they are all working in collusion with each other.
edit on 23/11/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Change. Real change and steps towards a more advanced civilization is humanity's real enemy as they continue to grasp onto the past and how we have become to be, rather than focusing on what we can become. The fear of accepting one another not as strangers but as family.

Oh, sure, and big business also.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Inhumanity
The most human of traits.

We look each other in the face, maybe even smile, in the grocery store.
But inside we fear, and even loathe each other when we discover our differences.

and greed...another human...even pre-human trait.

Other "human traits"
Read the comments on other conversation hosts...Even ATS sometimes.
FInd some real humanity at Huffington Post, or The Sean Hannity message boards...Equal, but opposite.

Yet we can be so giving and loving towards each other too...
It's hard to beat down the pre-human, barbarian within us all.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I could not agree more.

My belief is that lies are what do the damage.
The lies and manipulation of the facts are the weapons.
People keep getting hammered with the lies and fabricated information.
Lies do more damage than any other medium on the planet.
Lies do damage on every level, physical, psychological, spiritual, you name it ....

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

succinct, and I totally agree..
Your post is an example of the ATS "legal" one-liner.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Big Business is made up of individuals. The real enemy of mankind is mankind.... or at least those within mankind with little in the way of ethics, morals, scruples, principles, and conscience. We are our own worst enemy. And our system rewards those that lack what some of us see as the bright side of Man.
Greed is rewarded. Theft on a BIG scale seems to be rewarded as it seems that very few people go to jail as part of a giant scheme, such as the Wall Street and Banking looting of the U.S. Populace and Treasury.... oh, wait... the Treasury, as run by the FED, is also part of the problem!
Big Business, as Entities, provide protection to the criminals behind them. And of course, as these people fund elections, our so called Representative government, or at least a fairly large number of people within it, being, basically, crooks.... change the laws that allow behavior we might think of as criminal, to be now legal. Inside trading for Congress? Surprised? De-regulating the banking industry? Surprised? No more Anti-Monopoly laws? Surprised?
It's US. Or at least, those of US that the Rest of US let slide. WE are responsible for who is in government. WE can stop dealing with crooked companies. WE can take back our country! IF we get off our asses and actually do something! Look at Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen, Libya...... at least they are fighting back and changing their governments! I can't say the results will be good for America as we don't know who will be in charge there yet, but at least their populaces are DOING something! Protesting on Wall Street? ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz......... Protest at the Voter's Box! Protest in WASHINGTON! Protest at your "Representative"'s home or office!

Einstein "Blind belief in Authority is the greatest enemy of Truth"

Edmund Burke " The only thing necessary for Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing"

You may find some of Burke's other quotes equally relevant....

en.wikiquote.org...

new topics

top topics

join