It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why OWS Will Fail If They Continue & How They Can Win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

This is a very good video repeating many things that i've been saying for quite some time now
But no, it's not me in the video speaking LOL

Please do not take this as a negative thread
Instead tell us what you think about some of the points he has made and why you agree or disagree.

Because see if OWS was what this video is describing then I would be behind it

The only thing I would add is I don't know, some way to ensure that enough people are literate and UNDERSTAND those 3 points instead of just screaming them over and over.
Education is very much required.

Thoughts ATS?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If they don't shutdown for the winter, then they will freeze. Fall back, spring forward. MLK and Ghandi both understood that their movements were not a one shot deal, but a series of challenges to the powers that be, and only time and ongoing effort would bring a solution. OWS is no different. It has made so much progress. Identified themselves to the world despite early media blackout. Shown the true bent of the authorities to side with the 1% by brutalizing peaceful demonstrators. Shown their resolve to carry on despite the misgivings and ignorance of the rest of the 99% who stayed warm and comfortable in their homes. I call it a tremendous success so far. Now back off and regroup, revitalize for next year. This ain't over, it's just barely begun.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So the OWS need more representation from both sides...Problem is, the other side is no where to be seen. The most proactive I've seen them is putting by down the "Commies" on the internet.

"We need to be protesting the Fed and the Government"

Well, last time I checked, these places don't have anyone in front of them protesting, so where the hell are you?
edit on 23-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If the OWS were to fail...

...then that means We The People fail.

Thats NOT likely.

Besides, our, and our childrens future depends on this.

I see it winning... because losing is NOT AN OPTION!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 23-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
If the OWS were to fail...

...then that means We The People fail.

Thats NOT likely.

Besides, our, and our childrens future depends on this.

I see it winning... because losing is NOT AN OPTION!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 23-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Our children depend on what?
A movement with no goals, no organization, and protesting against the consequences of corruption instead of the root of it?

See when I have kids I will teach them to not throw blind support to something just because it is allegedly anti-establishment.
I will teach him to be an intellectual and a skeptic.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Shown their resolve to carry on despite the misgivings and ignorance of the rest of the 99% who stayed warm and comfortable in their homes.

Sorry but no, what about the people with young children to look after? Or those with disabilities? Or those with jobs???? You just explained exactly what is up with OWS I'm afraid. No one is allowed to stay neutral, and if you do you are deemed a pussy who stays warm indoors. Its called common sense in most parts, so sorry, but no.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You my friend are correct

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy
Originally posted by intrptr

Shown their resolve to carry on despite the misgivings and ignorance of the rest of the 99% who stayed warm and comfortable in their homes.

Sorry but no, what about the people with young children to look after? Or those with disabilities? Or those with jobs???? You just explained exactly what is up with OWS I'm afraid. No one is allowed to stay neutral, and if you do you are deemed a pussy who stays warm indoors. Its called common sense in most parts, so sorry, but no.

In Any "civil"isation, a third are for and against any issue and a third are neutral. Until things become so bad that one third of everyone pours out onto the street generally out of hunger, or money; which causes hunger. Only then will you see any real change. OWS ranks would not be changed much by as you say, people in wheelchairs or with kids working at McDonalds... When even the middle middle class are in danger of losing their lifestyles, then we'll see some action. Right now a few people are beginning to protest all around the world ( drop in the bucket)
Stay tuned...
By the way, I'm neutral right now too. I don't have to jump on their bandwagon, or yours, or theirs...
But I know what they are fighting against and I agree with it.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I will teach him to be an intellectual and a skeptic.

that's a no-no, even among hippies nowadays.
collective borg hive mind is much preferred.

(jazz hands)

new topics

top topics

join